1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAITLISTED.

I wish Sideshow would give a "Low Stock" warning. I've been waiting to get this guy for the last couple of weeks, but was hoping to hold off until the 17th for reward points to convert.

I bet it will be back in stock soon. I've seen this happen before with Starboost and that's still in stock.

Finally got 'em

pPJ3BAA.jpg

Some awesome pics there!! I like this one, Cap looks great posed with the Patriot! :rock

WAITLISTED.

I wish Sideshow would give a "Low Stock" warning. I've been waiting to get this guy for the last couple of weeks, but was hoping to hold off until the 17th for reward points to convert.

When they do people crow about how it's a scam or BS.

This is a blast to pose for a Cap HT, even more solid than Stealth Strike IMO

The easier flexible biceps are great for posing

Widow blends well with the AOU version IMO

Using the CW concept

From some new pics looks like he is going black to stealth gloves

More CW

Great pictures!

Yeah, they loosened up the shoulder joints a bit as well to compensate for the tight suit, for easier arm articulation as opposed to the strike suit Cap who can barely lift his arms at all because of the tightness of the suit. I initially thought it was an issue (the looser shoulders) but I believe it's for increased articulation. You can get him in some pretty cool poses.

This is a blast to pose for a Cap HT, even more solid than Stealth Strike IMO

The easier flexible biceps are great for posing

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/guyver12/Cap%20AOU/DSC06222.jpg[/IMG]

Widow blends well with the AOU version IMO

Using the CW concept

From some new pics looks like he is going black to stealth gloves

More CW

Is the headsculpt on that Black Widow a stock paint job? It looks much better than usual, more Scarlett like lol

Very nice!

Those last two are the best in my opinion. Subtle poses like that I find tend to be the most powerful and have the most presence. They let the figure speak for itself.

Is the headsculpt on that Black Widow a stock paint job? It looks much better than usual, more Scarlett like lol

It is the stock WS head for Widow, but I replaced the hair and restyled it from a custom WS I ordered which had an beyond ugly face sculpt. I tweaked her lipstick gave her the warm pinkish flesh gloss tint that Widow had in the film. HT always gives her that awful bland maroon tint :pfft:

You'd be surprised how the HT WS face sculpt can pop with the right hair and lips

I did this a while back.

Same hair concept I used for my CW repaint after the sculpt was repainted for me, and customized my hair on her

I think it works great with different lighting:lecture

I'm really hoping I can somehow possess a better AOU hair from a custom but I haven't seen one yet, I'm guessing when SS starts to release the AOU Widow, I'm preying the custom sculpts will be available.:pray:

Again I think that will make the difference for AOU widow:lecture

It works IMO

Last edited:
The Gordon and Bat signal set waitlisted then went back to in stock, this probably will too. Then again, Cap is a very universally popular release...

Very nice!

Those last two are the best in my opinion. Subtle poses like that I find tend to be the most powerful and have the most presence. They let the figure speak for itself.

:exactly: I guess that's why I like the Rodgers AOU sculpt a lot more IMO simple poses speak volumes

" You Can't SEE ME "

How come no one is putting Cap's shield hands / fingers around the shield handle? In these latest pix, they are all just sticking the shield to the back of his hands w/o flipping the handle down. I just think it looks unnatural this way. I did it on mine & it looks way better.

How come no one is putting Cap's shield hands / fingers around the shield handle? In these latest pix, they are all just sticking the shield to the back of his hands w/o flipping the handle down. I just think it looks unnatural this way. I did it on mine & it looks way better.

It looks "way better" to you. Obviously not everyone agrees. It's like asking why someone's favorite color is blue when red is better. Not everyone sees things the same.

I just suspend belief that Cap's shield has some sort of psychic connection to him. Seriously his control of it is no less than Thor with mjolnir..

Back