1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DioramaMaker, no they said just to destroy the one that is wrong. . . ???? Weird.

When I was first told that's what they tell you to do with a defective item, my initial thought was that's definitely putting a lot of trust in people that they're actually going to follow through with destroying it. And as DioramaMaker said, defective or not, it just feels odd taking a hammer to it and that's that. :lol

When I was first told that's what they tell you to do with a defective item, my initial thought was that's definitely putting a lot of trust in people that they're actually going to follow through with destroying it. And as DioramaMaker said, defective or not, it just feels odd taking a hammer to it and that's that. :lol

I actually got a broken shield with my Stealth Cap figure. They sent me a new one and told me I had to destroy the old one and show proof or they'd charge me for the replacement shield. I painfully took a hammer and smashed the broken one and then sent them the video. It sickened my stomach. :rotfl

Hi everyone. I decided to join all you crazy folks and this will be my first Hot Toys! I started off collecting 1/12 scale (Marvel Legends and Black Series), but lately I've just been disgruntled with the lack of effort that Hasbro generally puts into their products. The last straw for me was the complete lack of accuracy in their movie Ant-man and the awful paint on their Ultron build-a-figure, and don't get me started on how bad the Black Series has become. But I could make a whole separate thread on those issues haha. Guess I just wanted to say hi and that I'm excited to get into 1/6 collecting. Might start selling off my 1/12 figures to make room!

Hi everyone. I decided to join all you crazy folks and this will be my first Hot Toys! I started off collecting 1/12 scale (Marvel Legends and Black Series), but lately I've just been disgruntled with the lack of effort that Hasbro generally puts into their products. The last straw for me was the complete lack of accuracy in their movie Ant-man and the awful paint on their Ultron build-a-figure, and don't get me started on how bad the Black Series has become. But I could make a whole separate thread on those issues haha. Guess I just wanted to say hi and that I'm excited to get into 1/6 collecting. Might start selling off my 1/12 figures to make room!

Welcome to the party!!! I hope you brought your wallet with you

Congrats!! This is an awesome figure to be starting your Hot Toys collection with!

:welcome1: to the slippery slop that is Hot Toys collecting! :wave

I actually got a broken shield with my Stealth Cap figure. They sent me a new one and told me I had to destroy the old one and show proof or they'd charge me for the replacement shield. I painfully took a hammer and smashed the broken one and then sent them the video. It sickened my stomach. :rotfl
That's interesting ... I wonder if anyone ever damaged a figure but hustled Sideshow for a replacement part ha

Welcome, and congrats on acquiring the AoU Cap figure! :hi5:

However, as Skywalker said, I hope you brought your wallet with you when venturing into 1/6 scale collecting. Definitely a different animal than 1/12 scale collecting and much more pricey. However, if it's quality, character facial likeness and overall detail that you are looking for and want, you definitely get what you pay for 99% of the time with these figures.

Most of the figures are so accurate, you get a better idea of the intricacies of a particular suit by looking at these figures than what you noticed in the actual film.

Might start selling off my 1/12 figures to make room!

That's what I did. I sold off a few of my more valuable Toy Biz era ML's. I made enough to get Dark World Thor and Hulk and I didn't even sell too many. Deadpool, BaF Ronan and some other stuff that was just sitting in a box in the basement. I say go for it, and don't look back. Oh and welcome to the tribe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you brought your wallet with you when venturing into 1/6 scale collecting. Definitely a different animal than 1/12 scale collecting and much more pricey.

I don't know if it's all that much more pricey these days. A wave of Legends is what 5 figures and a variant? I haven't bought them in years but they're over $20 bucks a piece these days right? Your looking at over $120 per wave and that's if you find them at retail and you're not going to eBay or paying shipping. There's what three or four waves a year? That's over $350 or maybe $450 bucks. I'd rather use that money for a Hot Toys figure or two... Forgive me if my math is off. I haven't collected Legends since Hasbro wave 2.

I don't know if it's all that much more pricey these days. A wave of Legends is what 5 figures and a variant? I haven't bought them in years but they're over $20 bucks a piece these days right? Your looking at over $120 per wave and that's if you find them at retail and you're not going to eBay or paying shipping. There's what three or four waves a year? That's over $350 or maybe $450 bucks. I'd rather use that money for a Hot Toys figure or two... Forgive me if my math is off. I haven't collected Legends since Hasbro wave 2.

True. 120, 350 or 450 bucks isn't exactly cheap. Nor is 20 bucks per action figure. Definitely adds up. If you're into collecting entire lines or waves though, the HT MoS line/wave at only three figures at roughly 200 bucks a piece (give or take) comes out to 600 bucks. :dunno

Extrapolate that for the entire AoU line/wave.
image.jpg

Definitely requires a bit more spare cash lying around.

Although I'm not that well versed in action figure collecting. I got the entire line (both wave 1 and 2 [I think there were two waves if I recall]) of MoS Movie Masters figures and I have a couple of Captain America Marvel Legends figures. I recall both of those were 20 bucks each.

True. 120, 350 or 450 bucks isn't exactly cheap. Nor is 20 bucks per action figure. Definitely adds up. If you're into collecting entire lines or waves though, the HT MoS line/wave at only three figures at roughly 200 bucks a piece (give or take) comes out to 600 bucks. :dunno

Extrapolate that for the entire AoU line/wave.
View attachment 200589

Definitely requires a bit more spare cash lying around.

Although I'm not that well versed in action figure collecting. I got the entire line (both wave 1 and 2 [I think there were two waves if I recall]) of MoS Movie Masters figures and I have a couple of Captain America Marvel Legends figures. I recall both of those were 20 bucks each.

True enough but I don't think too many people get every figure of a particular Hot Toys wave. I can't speak for everyone, but myself and the people I know personally that collect HT's cherry pick.
The BaF's in the Legends line turn a lot of casual collectors into completists. I also didn't consider the larger figures like Hulk, Hulkbuster Ultron Prime or Thanos. So yeah if you're buying a lot of figures, particularly the big ones HT's are definitely way more expensive.

Personally, after many years of collecting, I would much rather spend the dough on one great Hot Toys sculpt than wave after wave of lackluster (to me) six inchers. And nitpicking each one hoping to get a better version. Opening a Hot Toys figure is almost like Christmas morning was when I was a kid. They are amazing to look at and so far, I have not regretted any Hot Toys purchase. Just my two cents.

Personally, after many years of collecting, I would much rather spend the dough on one great Hot Toys sculpt than wave after wave of lackluster (to me) six inchers. And nitpicking each one hoping to get a better version. Opening a Hot Toys figure is almost like Christmas morning was when I was a kid. They are amazing to look at and so far, I have not regretted any Hot Toys purchase. Just my two cents.
Preach on

The outfit is from AoU. I asked about it as well a few weeks ago and someone kindly posted pictures from her TWS jacket to the AoU jumpsuit which this figure is based off of. Several people also commented that they like the TWS jacket better. :wink1:

He seems to be one of the more stingy members here so he'll most likely wait for a huge discount :lol

The outfit is from AoU. I asked about it as well a few weeks ago and someone kindly posted pictures from her TWS jacket to the AoU jumpsuit which this figure is based off of. Several people also commented that they like the TWS jacket better. :wink1:

He seems to be one of the more stingy members here so he'll most likely wait for a huge discount :lol

It's also the same outfit she had in The Avengers so i'm guessing it was just hanging in the closet in the helicarrier

Back