1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opening a Hot Toys figure is almost like Christmas morning was when I was a kid. They are amazing to look at and so far, I have not regretted any Hot Toys purchase. Just my two cents.

Couldn't be any closer to the truth! :duff

0:20 - 0:35 seconds is essentially how I open a new HT figure. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrjwBvB7APY

While by no means am I comparing the 1/12 action figures to HT because there's obviously hands down no contest, in the 1/12's defense, Movie Masters does make some pretty detailed figures for being simple six inch figures. The two Marvel Legends Caps I have are pretty neat also.

Opinion: SS got in touch with me and I may have to pay shipping to do an exchange because they already replaced my damaged box. If I'm going to do that I want to make sure I have wonky eyes on mine and I'm not reading too far into it before I spend more on this figure for no reason. Thoughts guys?

e1bdf55b1db8c5e5b3aa7c2762b7f4d9.jpg

421d0153b3c447bd1dcf83d330e305b9.jpg

fd4b542aa9280258dc36c3a1817f76ab.jpg

Did anyone else's Cap have a slightly crooked/misaligned star? I got my Cap yesterday, maybe I'm tripping but the first thing I noticed when I peaked through the window was the stars placement- it doesn't look right. Its definately not in the same place as other caps pictured here, its slightly lower- the left hand corner of the star actually touches the stitching on the left side. I cant tell if the star itself is really crooked or if its placement is just making it appear that way..

What do you guys think, is it misaligned/crooked or am I seeing things????

Crooked Star.1.jpg
Crooked Star.2.jpg
Crooked Star.4.jpg
Crooked Star.5.jpg
Crooked Star.6.jpg

Attachments

• Crooked Star.7.jpg
    Crooked Star.7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 351
It looks a little crooked to me but it's hard to tell through the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked mine and though none of the tips on the bottom portion on the star are touching the stitching, the star can stand to be moved very, very slightly to Cap's left. You only notice if you're actually looking for it though. Even then, it's still difficult to notice; to the point where you start trying to find something wrong with it. Even on the strike suit one, the star can stand to be moved very slightly in a particular direction.

:dunno
image.jpg

Funny thing is that it looks straighter in that picture than it actually does in person. Ironic, being that the majority of the time flaws are more prevalent in pictures than what they are in person. Although, that could be precisely what I mean by you start trying to find something wrong with it.

I personally think it's (your Cap) fine. I would be more concerned about making sure I didn't get the wonky eye non-masked headsculpt that some others unfortunately got and returned and thankfully, were given a corrected replacement.

I would pull the plastic tray off and take a look but don't pull anything else off until you're satisfied it is even. But definitely check those eyes, and if you have a good one hold onto it tight, even if you do an exchange on the body.

I would pull the plastic tray off and take a look but don't pull anything else off until you're satisfied it is even. But definitely check those eyes, and if you have a good one hold onto it tight, even if you do an exchange on the body.

I would think there is one caveat though if say you were doing an entire body exchange: Does SS actually open up a new shipping crate and inspect the figure inside for what the reported issue was on your current one to make sure the replacement one they're going to send you doesn't have that same issue? If they do, I can't imagine them opening box after box until they find the perfect one. Or do they simply send you another figure brand new, unopened in the shipping crate and you have to destroy the "bad" one? If that's the case, be wary that you could possibly receive one that is even worse than the current one, or possibly have an entirely different issue that your current one didn't have.

Depending on the severity of the current issue, that would be something to consider.

Twist slowly, and move the fabric as you go. Had to do this to try the pose where he's grabbing the shield off of his back.

Plus the angle of the shot helps in that one.

Awesome pose. How did you get his arm up so far?

That is a pretty nice pic :wink1:

Like everyone said, just have to slowly rotate the arms and be careful to watch the fabric. How the suit is tailored tho, it's pretty loose around the shoulders so it's pretty flexible.

Like someone mentioned, I did take this one at a slightly lower angle to give it an appearance of being higher above the head.

Plus the angle of the shot helps in that one.

ah... good point, I guess the arm is likely more straight out than up. The camera angle really fooled me.

Anyway, just got mine and I am surfing around for some inspiration for posing him. I haven't got him posed in a way I really like yet.

Back