1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lite Work.... 20170614_124259.jpg

Well in an interview new I just watched, Joe Russo said (paraphrase) "It's a very spiritual journey for Thanos, acquiring the stones. So he doesn't feel he needs the armor like when he was a war lord."

Yikes. We may only get the bald head, armor-less Thanos.

Still hoping he armors up at the end once he has all the stones. I mean, he can warp reality at that point, I don't think a set of armor is out of the question with what he can make XD

I pulled the trigger on the GOTG version from BBTS. Not interested in the new look.

Just wish he didn't have the "I'm bored" expression. :(

I'm still holding out hope we get a proper thanos with helmet, armor, and gauntlet, and preferably a smile.

Well, I'm pretty certain they will do the version we are seeing in the trailers and poster. Any reason to believe they'd do 2? Or maybe they'd do a deluxe?

I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see a "Final Battle" Thanos all armored up. I have a feeling what is in the trailer is early on.

I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see a "Final Battle" Thanos all armored up. I have a feeling what is in the trailer is early on.

Hope you are right, but that would go against what Russo said in that interview "it's a spiritual quest blah blah......." as Thanos gathers more stones he would get more cocky, less need for 'protection'. (just thinking out loud)

I would not get your hopes up for any armored Thanos in IW. As the Russo's said, he now has his hands on Infinity Stones. He doesn't really feel he needs armor when wielding that kind of power. Maybe in Untitled Avengers 4 he'll need to armor up again. I'm kind of expecting that IW will be the MCU's Empire Strikes Back: Thanos comes in, completely wrecks everyone, maybe even kills some heroes, and basically leaves the good guys in a really bad way. And then Avengers 4 is the massive comeback battle to finish the whole thing off. And at that point, when they're really coming at him, he might say "I'd better gear up."

There are only 2 movies in-between Avengers 3 and 4 where they'd have to address the state the world is in post-Thanos' arrival, and they've completely sidestepped one with setting Captain Marvel in the 90's before all this. That just leaves Ant Man and the Wasp to potentially take place in the interim, and for all we know, they'll find a way to take those characters out of the immediate mix as well (maybe they spend a lot of the movie in the Quantum Realm or something, bringing back Janet or looking for a way to stop Thanos).

Did that third party Infinity Gauntlet ever get released? Feel like it's time to pull the trigger on this. I've just been waiting for IW thanos for so long and it looks like I'm in for some disappointment.

Back