1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well in an interview new I just watched, Joe Russo said (paraphrase) "It's a very spiritual journey for Thanos, acquiring the stones. So he doesn't feel he needs the armor like when he was a war lord."

Yikes. We may only get the bald head, armor-less Thanos.

Too bad Hot Toys went full retard and screwed this figure up with exposed joints. This armor looks like it might end up being Thanos's best look. I am not interested in a helmetless sleeveless Thanos.

I'm debating on getting this as well! Last time I checked, BBTS has this in stock and I do basically want this version of Thanos but with the gauntlet so I might just have to get this along with that third party gauntlet. I get why he's ditching the armor in Infinity War but the look of him in his full armor WITH the gauntlet is just too amazing of a look to pass up. It's such an iconic image. Seriously debating on ordering this guy.

I'm debating on getting this as well! Last time I checked, BBTS has this in stock and I do basically want this version of Thanos but with the gauntlet so I might just have to get this along with that third party gauntlet. I get why he's ditching the armor in Infinity War but the look of him in his full armor WITH the gauntlet is just too amazing of a look to pass up. It's such an iconic image. Seriously debating on ordering this guy.

I just bought at BBTS.

My prediction is: We will get only the armor-less version (with gauntlet) for IW.

Then this original version will be sought after.

So how much of the price is the figure and how much of it is the throne? XD

So how much of the price is the figure and how much of it is the throne? XD

I didn't have Thanos on his throne at first (I had no room). When I finally made some shelf space it was night and day. He looks pretty good on his own. The throne makes him that much better.

I'll add a picture Later on, so you can see.

BTW....the batteries are a pain so I never put them in to light him up.

Not the best picture, but you get the idea.

IMG_0126.jpg

I'm so happy I got the GotG version I really don't like this IW version at all. I'm sure he'll look fine on screen in action, but I think this is a cooler figure.

Back