1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few reviews on utube and in thread. I cant wait for him in few weeks so many orders arriving all at once next month for me my very late xmas but great way 2 start 2016. Thanos ,Magneto ,luke ,obi wan very stoked.:impatient:

Just got this guy in from Sideshow. Very cool, yada, yada. But I HOPE I'm missing something - it seems you have to unscrew 4 battery compartments to turn off the throne lights? Surely that can't be right?

Yeah, Dave, I believe it was covered in the Shartimus Prime review. The panels hide the switches so it doesn't make sense to put them back on. Or better still, don't bother with the lights, period. :lol

Guys, I seem to have fierce trouble getting his little skirt thingy off the change out to the sitting one. Mine seems to be well stick on. Shoould I just pull really hard or is there a technique?

Just got this guy in from Sideshow. Very cool, yada, yada. But I HOPE I'm missing something - it seems you have to unscrew 4 battery compartments to turn off the throne lights? Surely that can't be right?

Yup, it's extremely short sited on the part of Hot Toys. Darth Vader was another act of short sightedness. I do not understand their thinking here at all.

Guys, I seem to have fierce trouble getting his little skirt thingy off the change out to the sitting one. Mine seems to be well stick on. Shoould I just pull really hard or is there a technique?

Yup, it's extremely short sited on the part of Hot Toys. Darth Vader was another act of short sightedness. I do not understand their thinking here at all.
In the review it shows to squeeze left n right inward so peggs come out i'd watch review again to best tell how to remove without damage.

I don't know what the technique is but be CAREFUL- I ripped the peg off of one side when I tried to change it. Guess he keeps the sitting skirt on from now on.

I'd ask for a replacement Dave for this price they can replace the skirt for u no problem i bet.

edited 4 Brainiac.

Last edited:
I don't know what the technique is but be CAREFUL- I ripped the peg off of one side when I tried to change it. Guess he keeps the sitting skirt on from now on.

Well I just kept the straight one on and left him setting there in that. It works fine and doesn't stay creased. Though perhaps over a few years it might be a bad idea.

hey Eamon at 13 minute mark watch 4 waist removal part/

https://youtu.be/Yg-5163VF20?t=16

Groovey! :)

I think i want try kitbash or find a lady death for Thanos even tho she will never be his girl ha ha to hang next to Thanos.

received mine today figure has so much weight it feels like its diecast the throne is really sweet. Think its a bit overpriced but a cool figure that could be a collection centerpiece.

He can't sit on a standard shelf. You need to remove levels or alter the height of the shelves.

Back