1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this guy in from Sideshow. Very cool, yada, yada. But I HOPE I'm missing something - it seems you have to unscrew 4 battery compartments to turn off the throne lights? Surely that can't be right?

Yeah, Dave, I believe it was covered in the Shartimus Prime review. The panels hide the switches so it doesn't make sense to put them back on. Or better still, don't bother with the lights, period. :lol

What is wrong with HT and their electronics department? Seriously... between this and Vader... no smart.

The last review THANOS the paint looks AMAZING like was custom paint a bit. I hope its stock look's again Amazing cant wait.:impatient:

I wish there was a.v plug on throne oh well. The engineer 4 lighting needs 2 be fired.:pfft:

Somewhere deep in the Hot Toys development department are two toy designers laughing:

"Lets see how many compartments and screws we we can force people to open in order to light up their expensive toys! Bwahahahahahahaa!"

"Wait til they get a load of all the screws involved with lighting the Hulk Buster!!!!!!!"

Maniacal laughter ensues... their innocent customers don't have a clue.

Well, I doubt it's like that, but then again, you never know.

I believe the thinking was that 99% of the time the lights are either off, or never used. And that due to the size and design it would be displayed either more open or higher. So they wanted it to have hidden switches so it wouldn't be noticed or an issue. I think it would have worked if they didn't have screws to hold the plates on and they popped off but there's a reason they did it. She told me but I didn't entirely understand what she meant.

Edit-just talked to my dad and asked if he had any idea why they would do screws instead if those pop out things like on remote ect...he said it's a legal issue. Any "toy" that has button or cell batteries needs to have the compartment secured with screws. Didn't know that. He said even if it's an "adult" toy.

Last edited:
O.K so crazy laws are reason for switches, still wish had a a.v port on throne. Thanks Motuxmen on info.

Edit-just talked to my dad and asked if he had any idea why they would do screws instead if those pop out things like on remote ect...he said it's a legal issue. Any "toy" that has button or cell batteries needs to have the compartment secured with screws. Didn't know that. He said even if it's an "adult" toy.

That's very interesting. Thanks for the info

O.K so crazy laws are reason for switches, still wish had a a.v port on throne. Thanks Motuxmen on info.

Partly. It's why they have to be screwed closed. The switch part is just a design choice so that they are hidden.

The switch part is just a design choice so that they are hidden.

A really dumb switch choice.

They don't seemed concerned with hiding their switches on the bottom of Vader's belt boxes. Nor on most of their Iron Man figures.

When whoever it is you speak to says "Design choice" she must have meant "Screw up".

No, not screw up, like I said choice. Is it what I would do? No. But it's their project. Their money. Their time.

The fact that people ***** about seeing switches right up till they get hidden, where they then ***** it's to well hidden demonstrates exactly what a no win situation they have. It doesn't matter what they do, people complain.

As for it not being hidden on iron man...or others....iron man switches are hidden. As for Vader...I've not taken mine out of the box. So I'm not sure what the issue is. But it appears your complaining that it's visible on him and hidden on thanos.

Partly. It's why they have to be screwed closed. The switch part is just a design choice so that they are hidden.

The back of the chair, arm rests and foot base are way better ways of hiding the switches and also making them accessible imo :dunno

Sometime's you know they rushed thing's. If they gave this Thanos throne and Vader to a fan and hot toys listened to feedback on user friendlyness and opion's would've helped lot's on just slowing down and retooling the final product.

I hope they hot toys hears complaints and adjust's on next release of Vader and other figure's with fx n light's and would love A plug in port on most light up big release's. The HULKBUSTER should have a Plug in and crazy it does not. I 'll be writing on thier FB page for changes batterys are not fun or safe for the price of these figure's. If this was ANY another company the complaints would be even louder.

Last edited:
Looks like some drama went down in here last night then...

Can't wait to get this guy so I can take a break from HT etc.

I know Motux, it wasn't aimed at you bud, just needed your post to highlight what my point was about

No worries bud. It's hard to tell sometimes. I get people talking about how I start fights and have no class and every single post is some awful thing and people calling me names. I am a bit defensive at times Becuase of it. And as I said in the past, for those that harp about me not being nice and that's why this happens...it doesn't matter how I say it. Look at how this went. My initial post was civil and laid back. And I still get called out on a personal level.

Back