1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know why you guys are paying $415 just to get $20 in RP at SSC when Animarket has it for $365. To me that's way better and a huge saving. I also like the NRD at animarket as its $75 which means when Thanos is released it will roughly feel like buying an iron man suit.

I think there are a few potential issues. Being in Mexico, it's an international purchase which means you have very little to no recourse if an issue arises. The big, trusted retailer in the UK that just folded up shop last year taking thousands and thousands of dollars in deposits shows that the unknown can happen anytime.
There's no shipping quote so who knows how much they'll charge to ship this to the US. At the end of the day, excluding shipping, it's only $30 more to order from Sideshow and if you wait a couple months and use a $20 coupon, it's $10 more. I'd much rather pay that $10, or even $30 if you don't want to wait for a coupon, for the peace of mind that I get with ordering from Sideshow in case something goes wrong.

I think there are a few potential issues. Being in Mexico, it's an international purchase which means you have very little to no recourse if an issue arises. The big, trusted retailer in the UK that just folded up shop last year taking thousands and thousands of dollars in deposits shows that the unknown can happen anytime.
There's no shipping quote so who knows how much they'll charge to ship this to the US. At the end of the day, excluding shipping, it's only $30 more to order from Sideshow and if you wait a couple months and use a $20 coupon, it's $10 more. I'd much rather pay that $10, or even $30 if you don't want to wait for a coupon, for the peace of mind that I get with ordering from Sideshow in case something goes wrong.

:exactly:
I have never had any issues that SSC has not resolved quickly and with $20 off coupon (in a couple months) and $20 in RP it's a good enough price if i ever did decide to order it.

Exactly, excellent points. As far as I know this is the first high quality Thanos of its kind, other than that overpriced XM statue. Instead of being happy about it people nitpick and complain over everything.

If anyone's telling you directly not to buy this figure because they are unhappy about it, then go ***** about their whining. If you're happy about it, then just don't listen or skip negative posts. It's your right to be happy, it's their right to complain, you think they should be thankful because this is the first high-end 1/6 Thanos, they don't feel thankful at all because they think this won't be the last high-end Thanos figure. Happiness and satisfaction is a choice. You can't make it for them, as they are not directly making that for you. Just saying.

Quick question: I initially ordered this guy earlier today but I changed my mind and cancelled the order I had placed. But I later changed my mind once more and made a second order for Thanos. Am I going to be charged the NRD for the first order or will it not be charged as I cancelled the order before it went through?

I think you have bigger problems to be honest.

Can someone that has a hulk figure grab a tape and find out his real height. Obviously I mean the figure. The promo ad says 42cm or 16.5 inches. Aprox

I thought it was a little taller then that. But I don't have one just seen him a few times. And could you also check his width. Please and thank you.

As for the comparison to hulk..I think it would be more realistic to compare to igor, in terms of complexity of the design, and how it's made. Hulk is nearly a nude figure with two colors. Neither comparison is going to be great, but hulk is already a multi use body, hands and feet, with a limited amount of detail and costume.
In the comparison to igor the prices are pretty close..size, girth, tooling amount, limited reuse ect...but with thanos you also get the throne. Yes, it's not the infinity gauntlet. That has more meaning, but for value, not nearly as good as the chair. Anyway, the pack in with thanos would be like igor coming with an oversized single purpose hall of armor at the same cost.

He's 16.5 inches standing upright. (EDIT: should read 18.5 inches :slap).

13450861055_0de48a0fe9_o.jpg

13450858055_b8fb80a72f_o.jpg

Cool thanks. I see people say he's 16inches and others say 17 or 18. I'm shocked that things on the Internet are not always true. I though about writing a letter.

Cool thanks. I see people say he's 16inches and others say 17 or 18. I'm shocked that things on the Internet are not always true. I though about writing a letter.

I just measured him with a metal rule.

As for width, he's 11.5 inches at the knuckles with his arms in that position.

Sweet. I'll write that down and see if I can get someone I know to check thanos and see what he is. I'm betting it will be very very close. Thank you again.

Sweet. I'll write that down and see if I can get someone I know to check thanos and see what he is. I'm betting it will be very very close. Thank you again.

No problem!

:duff

BIG EDIT: I made a typo back there. It's 18.5 inches, not 16.5 inches. :slap

(I thought it sounded short as I read it back to myself).

I guess you can buy this from Animarket, but as someone else said, if something goes wrong or if there's a problem with the figure... There's too much stress. I prefer to buy from my local (here only one) Hot Toys dealer. Sure. it's more expensive, but if there's a problem, he will sort it out for me. My Tonto figures skin starting tearing and I shot him a mail, he told me to send him a photo, I did, brought him the figure and got a new one.
Had I bought this is asia or the us, the shipping alone would have been the price of a new figure.
I guess it all depends, but with these high end collectibles, I prefer to buy locally. It might end up costing me 50 quid more, but I know then, that if something breaks, I'll just get a new figure.

I dispensed with the 12" metal rule and dug out a tape measure myself. I make him precisely 18.25" to the top of his hair:

16400037271_d9bd64da94_o.jpg

Put my deposit down for this. Can't wait to pose him with his hands clasped behind his back looking off majestically into the cosmos.

Just need that drone Ultron to be made now....

Seems like Hot Toys is up to its old tricks. Not a single shot of his neck from the side. He must have a ugly seam where his head meets his neck. Pass this if that is the case.

Would be better off taking the $400+ and buying gold. Just sayin' since most people will just unbox this figure, place on a shelf and forget about it.

Back