1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after reading the thread and considering, i'd probably pass this fig, the point someone here made about the figure having a neutral HS is really a big problem and pretty much confines him to the throne pose.
i'm not that desperate in getting the figure so, probably wait this out and 400bucks can do a lot of other things.

up_10.jpg

$415 huh? Ouch.. I just don't see enough bang for that type of buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't either. Something simply being big doesn't equal justification for a high price. Everything about this is simple unlike a figure like Iron Monger with all its individual moving parts and figure inside a figure.

It is expensive but it is a character I've wanted for along time. I will get it and budget accordingly and probably pass on other figures I would have considered. No Hulkbuster for me and I'm cool with it. Thanks is was more important and a preferred character.

Ordering from AniMarket is tempting but then I remeber the RP SSC does and it all comes out to about the same when you calculate that in....I rather the RP

Quick question: I initially ordered this guy earlier today but I changed my mind and cancelled the order I had placed. But I later changed my mind once more and made a second order for Thanos. Am I going to be charged the NRD for the first order or will it not be charged as I cancelled the order before it went through?

As someone who thought this would cost $500+, $415 doesn't seem that bad.

How much did you think a 15-inch high, beefy-ass figure of a charismatic villain from a hit movie, complete with a light-up throne, would cost?

As for the Darth Vader comparisons, SSC has done him to death. Has a figure of Thanos, of this quality and of this scale, ever been made by a high-end company?
Exactly, excellent points. As far as I know this is the first high quality Thanos of its kind, other than that overpriced XM statue. Instead of being happy about it people nitpick and complain over everything.

Quick question: I initially ordered this guy earlier today but I changed my mind and cancelled the order I had placed. But I later changed my mind once more and made a second order for Thanos. Am I going to be charged the NRD for the first order or will it not be charged as I cancelled the order before it went through?

You better email Sideshow about that because I could see them charging you both NRDs.

$400 bucks is a little too much for me to spend considering I want the HT AoU figures more this year. I'll wait for the Avengers version in a few years, at least it will hopefully have the Infinity Gauntlet.

I paid (sadly) similar price for far less. I think the price is reasonable given the chair accessories and size of this. That said I am passing - no smiling hs.

Don't know why you guys are paying $415 just to get $20 in RP at SSC when Animarket has it for $365. To me that's way better and a huge saving. I also like the NRD at animarket as its $75 which means when Thanos is released it will roughly feel like buying an iron man suit.

Don't know why you guys are paying $415 just to get $20 in RP at SSC when Animarket has it for $365. To me that's way better and a huge saving. I also like the NRD at animarket as its $75 which means when Thanos is released it will roughly feel like buying an iron man suit.

That's exactly why I buy from them now. Sure you don't get rewards points but it's cheaper overall.

That's exactly why I buy from them now. Sure you don't get rewards points but it's cheaper overall.

That is true but the shipping is like $60 to $70. Also, if there are issues with it than you would have to send it back and it's just too much trouble.

That is true but the shipping is like $60 to $70. Also, if there are issues with it than you would have to send it back and it's just too much trouble.

Yeah shipping to me is a whoopin 78$ lmao

I'll stick with SSC the RP and cheaper shipping, the price difference isn't enough.

Back