1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the exclusive via trade....I wasn't looking for IM figure but I was intrigued by all the good responses. It turned out being a great deal as this piece lives up to the hype....was waiting on 45 as my IM fig but very happy with this choice.

Pretty good, pretty good, yourself?

Marks XLIII and XLV were about $350. I don't know if this'll hit four bills but with the passage of another year or two and with all of those lights, it oughta come close.

Good man, living life how I want to now :lol took my first shots last night :duff

Huh... I guess cause I used coupons that I remember $330... Damn man I never even thought of them hitting more than $350.

It's gonna cost half of Hulkbuster:slap

I have this figure and it is one of the best Hot Toys Mark suits yet. I have the Mark 45 1/4 scale on PO. I stuck with the 1/6 scale in this suit since I need to conserve space for Ultron Prime coming soon. The 1/4 scale in this figure is beast though.
Here are a couple of pics of my Mark43.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have this figure and it is one of the best Hot Toys Mark suits yet. I have the Mark 45 1/4 scale on PO. I stuck with the 1/6 scale in this suit since I need to conserve space for Ultron Prime coming soon. The 1/4 scale in this figure is beast though.
Here are a couple of pics of my Mark43.

Wow! Great photos! :rock

Becuase that's normal. The film is still months out. They have half a dozen other iron man figures currently scheduled, including the PP 46 version. The full design and final CG for the suit won't be done until a couple weeks before the film hits theaters. The only way to avoid things like the incorrect gauntlets on the 45 is to wait till the film designs are locked in. And if they announced it during the first 3 months the Power pose is up for PO they risk splitting sales. Which defeats the purpose of doing the PP. and until they get locked orders from the distribution network (they base production numbers, like most companies, on a combination of past sales figures for a know audience and the amount of pre orders during a set period of time. That period of time depends on many factors but given the amount of avengers and iron man sales history along with doing the 42 pp and mms that window wouldn't need to be large to get an understanding of where sales should project to.)

The amount of tooling and assembly and led features of the 46, and the market for diecast iron man figures means the mms46 will be pretty expensive. The 43 was a repaint of the 42 with very minor tweaks and was 350. The 46 is mostly a new design. To offset potential huge (like 425-450) prices in the mms version they opted to do the PP to offset some tooling and design cost and it allows them to do paint masters and all kinds of stuff like that as well. It spreads out the production cost and allows them to keep the price from a huge balloon up.

For some reason folks don't know or forget that the vast (like 7/8 or more) of all figures are not released until after the film is out of theaters and most of those are well after the DVD release. Hot toys isn't "taking so long" they are doing what they have always done.

Just because they're "doing what they have always done" doesn't mean they're not taking so long.

They've released plenty of figures prior to the film being over a year old.

The base design for the 45 was done a while ago.. There's been plenty of time to make minor corrections, get the design to the factory and be done with the production process.

Dawn of justice just came out recently, yet the armored version of batman is set to be out in the third quarter, or by the end of the year at the latest.

They're clearly making all of these prototypes prior to the film's release, so, unless they're making a major overhaul on the entire figure.. The wait time seems to be quite excessive. Normal or not, it's still a long time.

I just hate that they reveal new things and some stuff just seems to be forgotten about. Like the 45 or ultron prime. Once they started showing off the civil war figures, it seems that those two were pushed aside.

Maybe they're just putting too much on their plate and aren't able to expand the business to accommodate what's on their plate.

Or maybe they just space releases out so that it gives time for people to save up.

^ they wont show the 46 until the 45 is out the door, because everyone would cancel the 45 to upgrade. Aint rocket appliances

Plenty of figures before a films over a year old huh? Lol sorry, but I disagree. Out of 500ish releases less then 50(probably less then 25) come out in that window. It takes time.

Comparing armored batman to mk45 or ultron prime is pointless. Mk45 and prime involve a completly seperate team. Every figure has to be approved by the company that owns it's rights(often more involved for some figures like Ripley that requires actor approval as well, or the fox stuff that requires fox and marvel approvals) for every aspect. The packaging, the paint, the overall look ect all need approvals. It's crazy complex. On top of that ultron prime is a unique one off 17 inch tall entire new tooled figure based on an entirely CG character. (Mk45 is the same except not as big). The engineering and paint and led lighting is WAY more complex. Armored batman also has an additional financier so they can offset costs to develop it faster(choocolate company pays to get the exclusive version which offsets cost)

It takes 12-18 months on average to make a figure. Without having to deal with the outside approvals. Don't need to take my word for it, go read Mattels Q&A about motuc and they state it takes them, the second largest toy company on the planet with more resources and experience, 12 months to make a single 6inch limited articulated limited paint app figure. And that figure is an in house brand that does not require any licensing oversight/approvals on anything. They also don't have to worry about clothing, or face matching, or realism or mimicking another's work...

The time it takes has little to do with hot toys being over loaded..go compare the time it takes star or mondo or enterbay or threezero or other smaller conpanies. The amount of work factors in when a figure encounters problems and slips out of schedule like with Drax or batman returns or the sentry. Then it becomes harder to slot them back in.

But for the most part figures release when hot toys says they will. In the last year only one figure has missed its release window from hot toys, and that's ultron prime. It's currently 1 day over due. But mk7 stealth, black widow, Luke stormy, hawkeye (and others) released early.

Let's say they could make them all at once in a short span that wouldn't help most people. How many people would be upset if they released the 400 dollar prime, 300 dollar hulk, 350 dollar mk43, 350 dollar mk45, 550 dollar 1/4 mk43, 550 dollar 1/4 mk45, 220 dollar hawkeye, 220 dollar quicksilver, 220 dollar vision, 220 dollar SW, 220 dollar mk1 ultron, 220 dollar Cap, 220 dollar Thor...all within a short window? That's just part of one movie.

That also doesn't take in to account the films and if they bomb, or change right before. Had they released 5 figures from Lone Ranger at release how do you think that would have turned out? Or say a rougue figure from DOFP or Jenna Malone from BvS..or the hulk with wrong pants from aou (his pants changed just month before the film and half the products had him in other pants)...or say they used early concepts and released a grey or red hulk which never made it into the film, but was in the script early on and even had some smaller merchandise made for them.

I don't see any issue with how it's done now. Rather have them done right then early. Spreading them out means more people have the chance to buy more figures from more films anyway.

Hope that new Ip Man head sculpt fits on that mk43

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back