1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still contemplating picking this up or do i just wait for the Mark 45?

I recently pick this figure up, its very nice, love the diecast fell to it. I was gonna get the 45 also but I just might pass and get the 46, cause I like the lights around the suit.

This die-cast figure is definitely growing on me. Initially, i was pretty disappointed with some of its articulation. Since i was skeptical, i decided to copy HT's landing pose to verify if it really can LOOK as good as promo ads. Here's my result after tweaking its pose for the entire evening.

P1070489.JPG

P1070494.JPG
P1070493.JPG

Glad you guys enjoyed it~ I figured out how HT touches up their promotional photos. They use lighting techniques and Photoshp to hide the joints & screws. How in particular? By adding darker shadows and higher color constrast. I'm guessing a hint of touchup on black outlines as well. Aside from that, i noticed the photographer lifted Mark XLIII's rear "flaps" a tad to create a "broader" back and to align them in parallel to its underside. This creates a more streamlined silhouette. Brilliant and subtle changes nonetheless.

Barrow: more photos just for you

P1070496.JPGP1070497.JPGP1070498.JPGP1070501.JPGP1070502.JPGP1070504.JPGP1070505.JPGP1070508.JPG

Awesome, thanks! I have mine in a similar pose, but I like yours better. This will help me get it just right.

Barrow, fyi I also noticed it looks almost identical even with retracted abs -with better proportions. Would love to see your IM's new pose and setup as well~
Cheers

Made some final tweaks to its arms and a more generous ab-crunch~ this will be its final "poster-boy landing pose." It was a fun photography session with this new figure. I hope you guys enjoy it ^_^

P1070524.JPGP1070535.JPG

This is awesome - I really need to spend some time working on the ground pound pose. I haven't been able to get it right but I also get impatient and stop fiddling after only a few minutes.

e99b76c179736f191e66602ed9fa2027.jpg

58d27692aec85829009eacd0a60de1bb.jpg

I personally think the 43 can achieve it better, but for some reason my 42 just kills it in the same pose. I guess I pushed mine to its absolute limit.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Nice pics, Loomunis. :duff

Thx Yankee~

I thought Mark 43 is made from the same exact molds as the 42? The articulation should be exactly the same from what I gathered from forum users. Awesome poses and composition by the way~ Speaking of your shelf setup... is that the Ikea besta shelf? I think i have the same exact one!

There are a few unique pieces to the 43 (call them upgrades). But most of the tooling (molds) are shared. The 43 can do everything the 42 can. And more in fact. It has better articulation (those upgrades)

Yup, it is indeed the besta. The 43 is mostly the same as 42, but just upgraded slightly

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Wow, really great pictures of everyone's Mark43 poses :clap

Inspires me to show mine, albeit I'm not that good at photography (should have taken the picture from a lower angle to give the figure a better propotional look) and just using a phone camera :rolleyes:

IMG_0453.jpg

Back