1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Starscream. I told myself not to buy anymore figures a few years back, but this Mark43 figure got me starting again :rotfl

e99b76c179736f191e66602ed9fa2027.jpg

Awesome landing pose!

Here's my Mk43 with some light blue paper inside the helmet to simulate the lights..!

45d1617dbbef97f8b7ed685987ad988a.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Starscream. I told myself not to buy anymore figures a few years back, but this Mark43 figure got me starting again :rotfl

I had stopped getting new Iron Man figures since the Mark 7, and the Battle Damaged exclusive Mark 7, but after seeing Age of Ultron I got this figure, and really love the look. It also made me decide to get Mark 39 Starboost from Iron Man 3, as I had been wanting Starboost for a while for its unique style. Looks like This figure has given me the fever again as I have preordered the 1/4 scale Mark 45, and the Diecast War Machine Mark 1, and I am eyeballing Ultron Prime..:gah:

I had stopped getting new Iron Man figures since the Mark 7, and the Battle Damaged exclusive Mark 7, but after seeing Age of Ultron I got this figure, and really love the look. It also made me decide to get Mark 39 Starboost from Iron Man 3, as I had been wanting Starboost for a while for its unique style. Looks like This figure has given me the fever again as I have preordered the 1/4 scale Mark 45, and the Diecast War Machine Mark 1, and I am eyeballing Ultron Prime..:gah:

:hi5: Welcome back to the club of collecting, lol. Woah that's really lots of figures you have ordered.

To further add, I actually only planned to get Mark43 and that's it. But after seeing other characters in Age of Ultron, I was interesteed in some of them too. Figures that I currently have on order are Hot Toys Vision, Hulkbuster, Mark45, and Ultron Prime... also a Deadpool figure, haha...

Really anticipating their arrival :duff

:hi5: Welcome back to the club of collecting, lol. Woah that's really lots of figures you have ordered.

To further add, I actually only planned to get Mark43 and that's it. But after seeing other characters in Age of Ultron, I was interesteed in some of them too. Figures that I currently have on order are Hot Toys Vision, Hulkbuster, Mark45, and Ultron Prime... also a Deadpool figure, haha...

Really anticipating their arrival :duff

Glad that Cybersever has got back the fever as well but you both aren't nearly as sick as I am, lol.

Since it would just take too long and this is an IM thread, my current IM/WM HT preorders are:
Mk. XV (Sneaky)
Mk. XL (Shotgun)
Mk. XLIV (Hulkbuster)
Mk. XLV
Mk. XLVI poopie pose
WM Mk. I diecast remake
WM Mk. III
4x Iron Legion (Already bought 1 from HK)
1/4 Mk. XLV

Very Excited for Mk. VII "Open Armor Version" and the possibility of:
Mk. XXX (Blue Steel-Silver Centurion repaint)
Mk. XXIII (Shades-Shotgun repaint)
Mk. XLVI diecast
Mk. XLVII diecast
1/4 Mk. XLII (1/4 Mk. XLIII repaint)
Jackhammer Arm & Veronica Module

Glad that Cybersever has got back the fever as well but you both aren't nearly as sick as I am, lol.

Since it would just take too long and this is an IM thread, my current IM/WM HT preorders are:
Mk. XV (Sneaky)
Mk. XL (Shotgun)
Mk. XLIV (Hulkbuster)
Mk. XLV
Mk. XLVI poopie pose
WM Mk. I diecast remake
WM Mk. III
1/4 Mk. XLV

Mk. XLVI diecast
Mk. XLVII diecast
1/4 Mk. XLII (1/4 Mk. XLII repaint)

:thud:

Mk. XV (Sneaky)
Mk. XL (Shotgun)
Mk. XLIV (Hulkbuster)
Mk. XLV
Mk. XLVI poopie pose
WM Mk. I diecast remake
WM Mk. III
1/4 Mk. XLV

Mk. XLVI diecast
Mk. XLVII diecast
1/4 Mk. XLII (1/4 Mk. XLIII repaint)

The master collector has finally revealed himself lol :rock

Note: "poopie pose" caught me off-guard :rotfl

I held out on the 43 for a long time.

Mistake. It is such a well executed figure. Just a total home run. Had it for several months now and it may be Top Dog in my collection.

It just takes another great figure and the fever is on again, but I am glad that Hot Toys just keeps getting better and better at making figures.

I'm surprised that HT hasn't previewed the Mark 46 yet.

Maybe they're adding in new features shown on the movie but they cannot reveal yet because the movie hasn't been released yet? Or it could be just general design difficulties in getting all those LEDs in.

Maybe they're adding in new features shown on the movie but they cannot reveal yet because the movie hasn't been released yet? Or it could be just general design difficulties in getting all those LEDs in.

or maybe they're waiting for the 45 to be released? so that people don't jump ship on that armor for the 46.

personally, i think the 45 looks the best yet. but, since the releases will be so far apart, i'll be picking up the 46 as well.

i just hate all of this waiting. i feel like i've been waiting forever for the 45.

or maybe they're waiting for the 45 to be released? so that people don't jump ship on that armor for the 46.

personally, i think the 45 looks the best yet. but, since the releases will be so far apart, i'll be picking up the 46 as well.

i just hate all of this waiting. i feel like i've been waiting forever for the 45.

I would expect the 45 to be dated before we even get a pre-order listing of the 46. Surely they would also start selling the Power Pose before officially announcing a MMS 46 as well..

So it could be another year or so until we get the 46. Not sure why HT are taking so long

Becuase that's normal. The film is still months out. They have half a dozen other iron man figures currently scheduled, including the PP 46 version. The full design and final CG for the suit won't be done until a couple weeks before the film hits theaters. The only way to avoid things like the incorrect gauntlets on the 45 is to wait till the film designs are locked in. And if they announced it during the first 3 months the Power pose is up for PO they risk splitting sales. Which defeats the purpose of doing the PP. and until they get locked orders from the distribution network (they base production numbers, like most companies, on a combination of past sales figures for a know audience and the amount of pre orders during a set period of time. That period of time depends on many factors but given the amount of avengers and iron man sales history along with doing the 42 pp and mms that window wouldn't need to be large to get an understanding of where sales should project to.)

The amount of tooling and assembly and led features of the 46, and the market for diecast iron man figures means the mms46 will be pretty expensive. The 43 was a repaint of the 42 with very minor tweaks and was 350. The 46 is mostly a new design. To offset potential huge (like 425-450) prices in the mms version they opted to do the PP to offset some tooling and design cost and it allows them to do paint masters and all kinds of stuff like that as well. It spreads out the production cost and allows them to keep the price from a huge balloon up.

For some reason folks don't know or forget that the vast (like 7/8 or more) of all figures are not released until after the film is out of theaters and most of those are well after the DVD release. Hot toys isn't "taking so long" they are doing what they have always done.

Back