1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-447.png

Great shot! I didn't really think much of this design at the time, but it has grown on me quite a bit. Unfortunately there are just too many other diecasts I'd rather have instead right now.

Thanks brother. It's certainly not my favorite but I much prefer this color scheme to the 42 and I appreciate the fact that it captures the "man in suit" look well. The body switches being on the outside is also nice and something I wish they didn't forgo for the annoying cover panels (particularly on the forearms.) It'll be a nice complimentary piece to Hulkbuster as well.

Yeah I was going to pass before simply because I already had too many preorders for the year, but with it pushed back it suddenly becomes a bit more doable.

Just have to decide if this is an armor I really need. I love the look of it, but not sure it really had a memorable enough role in the movie...

I ordered this one because I realized my Avengers shelf that had slowly been coming together over the years already had the AOU versions of almost every other character, so it just made sense to have this armor with them. But I don't mind this delay since I have 5 other HT figures on preorder.

That's a huge delay. Do you think HT delayed it so it coincides with the release of the Deluxe Hulkbuster 1.0? From the new dates, it seems the 43 re-release and the Deluxe Hulkbuster are now releasing back-to-back.

Yeah I was going to pass before simply because I already had too many preorders for the year, but with it pushed back it suddenly becomes a bit more doable.

Just have to decide if this is an armor I really need. I love the look of it, but not sure it really had a memorable enough role in the movie...
Close enough to the 42 that you said has been eluding you that you could accept this as a surrogate?

Hmmm with this being pushed back I may consider it now. But if i'm being honest, only reason I really want is is to use it in conjunction with the Hulkbuster. Not sure if the extra poses one could do are worth the $400 price tag vs. just using the bust. Got some time to decide now at least.

No I was never on the lookout for the 42. It has grown on me some, but I was always leaning more towards the 43.
Gotcha. I'm partial to this one myself, as he was my first Iron Man armor and for whatever reason on screen I just loved the mix of industrial tone with sleakness. I've learned the error of my ways and have gone down the IM rabbit hole but still. I can recommend it, but it won't live up to some of the newer armors.

This is the only armour I actually own at present. I picked it up on sale a few years ago and paid only Aud $300 for it. This re release is double that, so I'm happy I picked it up when I did.

I preordered both the 50 and 85 to complete my Iron Man collection. I don't think I will be picking up any of the previous ones. 3 armours is enough for me. But I do really like the 43 as it isn't sleek like the last 2, which is a nice contrast in the collection.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back