1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like people don't really like this armor, is it because the movie is less popular?

It and the 42 are my favorite armor, but I do not like these 1/6 diecast figures of them anymore. They are really showing their age and early place in the diecast lineage with the blocky outlined details, proportions, and shoulder joints. They never looked the same after the QS' came out

9ze6onA.jpg

I’d absolutely love a 1/4 mark 43. I might try to track one down one of these days if they don’t make a 46,50 or 85 in 1/4

It holds up quite well. It will never not be faithful to the source material. I recently went and tested the batteries to make sure everything worked after being on display for a couple years. The engineering on the suit is still amazing.
92d6057898844fc5922f9346a8033ba2.jpg

wait, so I don't get what's wrong with it? the Shoulder piece doesn't sit flush? Is that what it is?

wait, so I don't get what's wrong with it? the Shoulder piece doesn't sit flush? Is that what it is?

Those 2 circle parts have slots that hold the shoulder armor in place (and allow articulation) and the circle parts are supposed to be glued securely onto the shoulder area of the arm. Seems like they used weak glue or not enough glue and the 2 parts have fallen off. I had the same issue with my Mark IX and it was a pain in the butt to glue everything back together. If you're not careful, you risk bending one of the springs located inside the shoulder armor piece, or glue seeping into the slot which may affect articulation/movement of the shoulder armor.

That same shoulder issue was a plague on Hot Rod, the figures were locked up on ships for months waiting to come in to port off California and seems the heat weakened the glue

That same shoulder issue was a plague on Hot Rod, the figures were locked up on ships for months waiting to come in to port off California and seems the heat weakened the glue

Same thing happened on one of my plastic suits (Sub Zero, I think). Not a difficult fix if you're in any way mechanically inclined. I have 30+ IMs and that was the only one with this defect, so IMO not a pervasive issue.

I got a e-mail that my reissue is charging tomorrow. Looking forward to getting this figure. I wish they would reissue more figures.

someone was charged the final payment? Mine not yet, the order is all day on Payment Processing

Back