1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The XLIII product page on Hot Toys' site shows images for both the standard and special edition parts lists. No offense to those of you who didn't nab the special edition the first time around but I'll be cheesed if they reissue the special as well.

The XLIII product page on Hot Toys' site shows images for both the standard and special edition parts lists. No offense to those of you who didn't nab the special edition the first time around but I'll be cheesed if they reissue the special as well.

Wasn't the difference just the battle damaged helmet? Doesn't seem like something to get worked up about.

It's not so much about the helmet as it is protecting folks' investments. I don't often keep items MIB and am all for newcomers jumping in on reissues but IMO the "limited" in limited edition should be preserved.

So I guess this guy's coming back now for the HB deluxe? I wasn't collecting when the Mk 43 first came out so it's tempting, but what's the general consensus on this one? How has he aged? Most of the Iron Mans I have now are ones released after Mk 46, which I seem to hear people saying are leaps and bounds past the earlier DC suits.

I personally think it’s inferior to the newer ones. It’s basically a repaint of the first diecast Iron Man.

It lacks the improved engineering of later figures, such as the pull-down legs and articulated shoulder pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been a rough looking figure ever since we had the 1/4 Mark 42/43 to compare. It instantly became a toy- proportions are not great, clunky shoulders the lines are thick and drawn on looking, diecast or not it looks more plastic than the QS that actually is mostly plastic. I got rid of mine immediately once the QS' were announced, only kept the 1/6 42 to use the Pepper Potts sculpt with it. A proper redesign in line with the recent Mk6 quality would actually be welcome but I wouldn't expect that soon

comparison-product-silo_zpsjtjw5b32.jpg

This has been a rough looking figure ever since we had the 1/4 Mark 42/43 to compare. It instantly became a toy- proportions are not great, clunky shoulders the lines are thick and drawn on looking, diecast or not it looks more plastic than the QS that actually is mostly plastic. I got rid of mine immediately once the QS' were announced, only kept the 1/6 42 to use the Pepper Potts sculpt with it. A proper redesign in line with the recent Mk6 quality would actually be welcome but I wouldn't expect that soon

comparison-product-silo_zpsjtjw5b32.jpg

Definitely ... once I got the 1/4 43, the 1/6th one became expendable... it’s actually on my son’s shelf with all his Marvel Legends now ha

I personally think it’s inferior to the newer ones. It’s basically a repaint of the first diecast Iron Man.

It lacks the improved engineering of later figures, such as the pull-down legs and articulated shoulder pads.

I sold this figure but as far as I can remember this guy had pull down legs ex... and could pretty much pull off any pose you want . It’s personally not my favorite suit by any means but it’s DAM SOLID figure if you like the look. For anyone who is interested it’s highly recommend in my book . Lolo . Im actually considering getting this again myself . But that’s the case with every Iron Man release . Who am I kidding . Lolo

Good points all. The comparison to the 1/4 scale is part of what makes me hesitate, since I actually have the 1/4 Mk 42, and know the proportions will just look better on the bigger fig.

Problem is I don’t collect 1/4 scale nor do many other collectors so it’s irrelevant whether it looks better then the 1/6 version .

I sold this figure but as far as I can remember this guy had pull down legs ex... and could pretty much pull off any pose you want . It’s personally not my favorite suit by any means but it’s DAM SOLID figure if you like the look. For anyone who is interested it’s highly recommend in my book . Lolo . Im actually considering getting this again myself . But that’s the case with every Iron Man release . Who am I kidding . Lolo

Nope. No pull down legs...just checked ha

The look of the shoulder pads on this figure drove me crazy as well.

And the paint job wasn’t my favorite.

I don’t mean to bash the figure but to me it’s just a bit underwhelming when compared to the newer diecast figures.

Isn't it marketed as a "special" edition and not "limited" edition?

Semantics. SS referred to it as exclusive but ultimately it was marked "Special Edition" on the final product. I don't know how many were made vs the standard edition but that labeling may mean something to collectors.

The (rhetorical) question is how special can a special edition be if it keeps getting reissued?

Problem is I don’t collect 1/4 scale nor do many other collectors so it’s irrelevant whether it looks better then the 1/6 version .

No the point is that the vast shortcomings of the 1/6 version are clear, especially when viewed against the 1/4 version. I and many others had the same reaction when the first 1/4 proto went up, that "oooh that is what it is supposed to look like." The 1/6 Mark 6 is a huge improvement as well, just in terms of detail and engineering, just to compare 1/6 to 1/6. The 42/43 molds in 1/6 are old and it shows, a proper update would fix a lot of issues. Neither are ones I'd spend money on anymore, especially not to cram into a Hulkbuster when it already comes with a bust.

Semantics. SS referred to it as exclusive but ultimately it was marked "Special Edition" on the final product. I don't know how many were made vs the standard edition but that labeling may mean something to collectors.

The (rhetorical) question is how special can a special edition be if it keeps getting reissued?

The answer is how many orders they received before they put in their order to Hot Toys. I can't imagine either company turning down an order, so they're going to pump out however many exclusive/special editions they can before they hit manufacturing.

Back