1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark 43 (Reveal + PO Next Week)

Best news of the day
I agree. It's a great looking movie thus far. There are a couple costumes not shown publicly yet that I really like. And the movie looks great from what I've seen thus far. Even the dailies looked great. And that's before and post production or editing or sound stuff. Just some great acting, design, and the sets looks fantastic.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD0 - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark 43 (Reveal + PO Next Week)

Its is a straight repaint and because of that it will be released in under a year with no battle damage peices and no battle damage tony stark head sculpt. (FYI, I read chinese. So only quoting)

You know what the big issue with thia piece to alot of collectors. The issue will be if this suit is a combo with the hulkbuster. And if this is the only version with the stand. May I be the first to start cursing this strategy of money making.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMSD0 - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark 43 (Reveal + PO Next Week)

I am more inclined to believe that the Mark 43 inside the Hulkbuster would be like Obadiah Stane inside HT's Iron Monger.

I am more inclined to believe that the Mark 43 inside the Hulkbuster would be like Obadiah Stane inside HT's Iron Monger.

Good call on that. It could be like a 1/6 scale bust that slides into the middle, and display when it is not within the suit. Another question is will the HB suit shut with the Mark XLIII in there. Can't wait to find out this week hopefully!:yess:

I'm in desperate need of updating my Iron Man. I only have the original Mark III. I was thinking about getting this one.

Its is a straight repaint and because of that it will be released in under a year with no battle damage peices and no battle damage tony stark head sculpt. (FYI, I read chinese. So only quoting)

You know what the big issue with thia piece to alot of collectors. The issue will be if this suit is a combo with the hulkbuster. And if this is the only version with the stand. May I be the first to start cursing this strategy of money making.

Times like these I wish I remembered how to read Chinese.

Has HT ever released a movie promo figure, followed by a different/regular version of it? I know the Mark 6/7 movie promos were different releases after the original releases, but have they ever gone in the opposite direction?

I'm not feeling the red color scheme, but I may warm up to it once I see it in action rather than in heavily Photoshopped promo images. That said, the coolest part of this really is the Ultron half-figure on the base.

1. This will be a Mark XLII repaint, along with a clean, repainted Tony head.

2. We may or may not get a BD Mark XLIII with new BD pieces and yet another BD Tony head. But if AoU does at the box office what we think it'll do, it's inevitable.

3. If it even opens up, Hulkbuster will likely be similar to Monger in construction. That means no figure within a figure. It doesn't matter, though, it'll still be crazy expensive.

Figure within a figure was pure fanboy fantasy from the beginning. No way could anyone make that work.

Damn cant wait. Needs a new head though

Figure within a figure was pure fanboy fantasy from the beginning. No way could anyone make that work.

Not to mention the inevitable scratching and resultant crying and tears whenever you made the swap. For $800+? Uh, no thanks.

Invincible_Iron_Man_Vol_1_25_Textless_Variant.jpg

New colorway really reminds me of the Bleeding Edge armor

Probably why they are giving us the cool base then, to try & get those that don't like straight repaints to buy it..., it is a very cool base after all. :) I'm more interested in the suits myself but I'll not pass up on the version being offered, the base is just a bonus for me. :)

little too stylized for my tastes

The mark 43 is a straight repaint because that's how it's done in the movie, not a design choice by hot toys.

And since it is basically the same body as a 42 why anyone would expect it to be a different material then the 42 is beyond me. Did you think Midas would get a new sculpt and tooling even though it's just a different color way of the Mk vii?

As for hulkbuster...no way will it have a removable armor feature. Even if it could be done where it didn't cause loads of logistical issues, it would cost 2k. Or more. Just not going to happen. If they didn't do an armor where a person could come out, (mk1 or iron monger) or even a suit that could be taken off (batman and Bruce Wayne) no reason to expect them to engineer a much larger, more complex, more expensive HB to do those things.

Fyi-anyone want to know why it's just a repaint in the film? It's a bit of a spoiler but nothing huge....I don't want to say anything if people would rather wait

Last edited:

Can we expect a Mark 45 beyond Hulk Buster? Like the VII in Avengers, or will the 43 be it?

The mark 43 is a straight repaint because that's how it's done in the movie, not a design choice by hot toys.

And since it is basically the same body as a 42 why anyone would expect it to be a different material then the 42 is beyond me. Did you think Midas would get a new sculpt and tooling even though it's just a different color way of the Mk vii?

As for hulkbuster...no way will it have a removable armor feature. Even if it could be done where it didn't cause loads of logistical issues, it would cost 2k. Or more. Just not going to happen. If they didn't do an armor where a person could come out, (mk1 or iron monger) or even a suit that could be taken off (batman and Bruce Wayne) no reason to expect them to engineer a much larger, more complex, more expensive HB to do those things.

Fyi-anyone want to know why it's just a repaint in the film? It's a bit of a spoiler but nothing huge....I don't want to say anything if people would rather wait
Agreed. That's why I am thinking two pack with interchangeable parts and it will not come with this base to make this more unique.

Can we expect a Mark 45 beyond Hulk Buster? Like the VII in Avengers, or will the 43 be it?

I wouldn't put it last them to add another suit in the mix, it's all about the potential for maximising merchandising after all, not that I'm complaining. :)

Knowing tony, i would be surprised if he does not have another cool piece of hardware in his armor closet

New colorway really reminds me of the Bleeding Edge armor

I think it's what inspired Mark 42's sleek design anyway, and now with Mark 42 on a reversed paint scheme as Mark 43, the influence is more apparent :)

Back