1/6 Hot Toys - MMS277 - Iron Man 3: Striker (Mark XXV) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think you nailed it kev on the time span from order to shipping. I can understand how interest would wane, higher priority figures released, financial issues would come up, ect.

uhh ok... (????)

Cheaper process? Sure. Really-cheap-pass-these-wowzerz-savings-onto-the-custoers-cheap process? This thing is almost the same price as other 'new' suits not reusing parts -- something that objectively would keep price cheaper rather than general assumption on tooling costs -- I don't get the sticker shock.

I know you edmontonians are a little slow, but when I say its a cheaper proccess, and its cheaper and faster turn around I mean it is a cheaper method of production for a company to use in order to bring a product to market... I didnt say that got passed onto the customer... Ill try and use smaller words for you next time

I know you edmontonians are a little slow, but when I say its a cheaper proccess, and its cheaper and faster turn around I mean it is a cheaper method of production for a company to use in order to bring a product to market... I didnt say that got passed onto the customer... Ill try and use smaller words for you next time

Wow you take **** really personal on here hey? Weird.

Yeah I think you nailed it kev on the time span from order to shipping. I can understand how interest would wane, higher priority figures released, financial issues would come up, ect.

The unforeseen financial costs lurking in the future can be a pain in the butt when it comes to trying to collect all of these suits, thankfully I've not missed many of the newer releases & hopefully that won't change..., it's space or there lack of that's my current problem though. :/

The unforeseen financial costs lurking in the future can be a pain in the butt when it comes to trying to collect all of these suits, thankfully I've not missed many of the newer releases & hopefully that won't change..., it's space or there lack of that's my current problem though. :/

Space.. The real issue :lol

Only 10 bucks more than Starboost? About right on track and to be expected considering the tooling is completely new with no reused parts...

Yet :) Gamma would be a straight repaint, most likely an EX, and would cost the same if not $10-$20 more :lol

Yet :) Gamma would be a straight repaint, most likely an EX, and would cost the same if not $10-$20 more :lol

I might be full of **** on this one, but I think Gamma is its only clone, and between the two, they don't share parts with any others in the Iron Legion. I'd hazard a guess and say it would be the same cost as this. Agreed on it being an EX for sure.

EDIT - I am full of **** - there's that one that uses just one of the hammer arms, and then the head of this on another. Still, the guts of this thing pretty well remain between this and Gamma

its still really cheap to take marvels already existing 3d model and engineer a joint system though, then the print and refine and it goes to the factory

Not really how it works. There's about a dozen other steps involved. And the cost in production has more to do with making new tooling then designing new joints.

Yeah, only way HT can make it really sell well, and irresistible even for those who don't like repaints.

I on the other hand hate exclusives..., they're a pain in the butt for me & end up costing me far more than they should SO everytime I see one I'm instantly irritated at the cash I'll have to waste if I'm to get it. lol :)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: Striker (Mark XXV) Collectible Figure

wow. youre totally right... shoot. hope they fix that. crazy oversight.

I guess if you " pretend " the human elbow is up at the top of that massive elbow join, you can KIN OF get away with it...

AH cannot unsee...
View attachment 151312
Someone who actually knows people at Hot Toys needs to tell them about this...

Its exactly the same as the movie suit, its not an oversight it is how it was designed in the first place

cq63kK8.png

You are confusing the large circular joint with where the elbow would be, its not. A human arm is set farther back, the arm is just thick and the armor has a modular look there

VXNBYpN.png

Checked some other pictures of the suit from some art of marvel books i have and the arms are perfect, just like tony designed them. I think with the big joint and hammers it hard to see what is arm and what is not. We will know for sure in a year :lol

Back