1/6 Hot Toys - MMS277 - Iron Man 3: Striker (Mark XXV) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the legs/feet were better. They hold back the overall design. It looks good, but it doesn't pose as well as it could if those areas had been addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea they were pulled out. Came out the box that way, the joints were really tight and I was afraid it was gonna pop. But after some moving around they loosened up a bit View attachment 239536

From my cell phone

Good to know. Yeah it's not surprising they came that way. Right before they get boxed they do a quick inspection (or at supposed to) or spot check on a few random pieces and they test all the joints and what not. They can forget to "reset" things. But when you do it over and over I'm sure it can all blend together.

Striker has exceeded my initial expectative. It is awesome and the level of detail together with the shape and scheme of colors make of it a very remarkable mark to add to the collection. Really happy with it and one of the nicest recent armors. This one (as happened to me in the past with other marks, as Centurion) make me think on the already old time discussion in this forum of plastic vs diecast. Despite of a better feeling when touching for diecast, I cannot see the same level of detail in previous die-cast figures of the IM-series (with the exception of Whiplash II, exceptional) plus cost is much higher. Maybe the forthcoming War Machine diecast will fill the gap (but again cost plays a role…).

Attachments

• DSCN4198.JPG
    DSCN4198.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN4197.JPG
    DSCN4197.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN4218.JPG
    DSCN4218.JPG
    398.4 KB · Views: 267
Cool pictures, everyone! :clap

Striker was a figure that I drastically underestimated how much I would like. It's such a cool suit. As soon as I opened up the box and saw it in person, my expectations were completely exceeded. It also made me even more excited to be getting Gamma to go along with it. :lol

Cool pictures, everyone! :clap

Striker was a figure that I drastically underestimated how much I would like. It's such a cool suit. As soon as I opened up the box and saw it in person, my expectations were completely exceeded. It also made me even more excited to be getting Gamma to go along with it. :lol

Thanks! :)
As you say, it is a really cool suit. It is one of those figures that make you exclaim WTF when you open the box (it did not happen to me for a while with latest armors). Not sure however if i will go for Gamma with so many new things coming out soon. I went for Tank and IM3 Stealth diecast and decided that I will probably restrict from now on to unique armors and not only repaints. This decision was also taken based on the fact that I have started to acquire some 1/4 figures/sculptures and, once you try them, it is difficult to stop. ;)

Gamma looks awesome with Striker. The two complement each other pretty well!

IMG_1087.jpg

I really like both of them, but I think I like Gamma just a little bit more than Striker.

Looks good. I'm still waiting. Mine ships the 25th. I get the Mark IX/Pepper set tomorrow, and the witch ships in 9 days. Then my other preorders start flexing in March and beyond. Fury, Shotgun, Sneaky, Mk XLV, and War Machine Mk I. I'm out of space already....
Ryan

I'm officially out of my space for IM too...I have two Detolfs full of them. Luckily Gamma should be my last IM suit for a few months...otherwise my AoU Avengers cabinet would start filling with HPP suits. :lol

Can you put a Tony Stark mechanic head on this one? Haven't seen any pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Really late with this and behind opening figs. Still got Gamma, Shotgun and Mark IX waiting. Opened striker today just to see how it and Gamma would complare but have to say, beautiful armor. I know this and gamma are novelty suits but in for the long haul and since I gots every one, cannot skip them. Luckily it's a really cool armor with nice paint to make it look worn and grimy.

Three pics.....

Detatched arms.

Just picked this guy up for $169.99 shipped from Forbidden Planet. Thanks to whoever it was in the Quicksilver thread for mentioning the sale. :clap

Thanks for posting this. Just picked one up myself. For a change the "waiting game" paid off. No way I could pass on that at $169 shipped!

Just picked this guy up for $169.99 shipped from Forbidden Planet. Thanks to whoever it was in the Quicksilver thread for mentioning the sale. :clap

Thanks for posting this. Just picked one up myself. For a change the "waiting game" paid off. No way I could pass on that at $169 shipped!

Got one too. Thank You!!

It was Medusoid in the Quicksilver thread that clued me in, so credit where credit is due - Thanks Medusoid!

Back