1/6 Hot Toys - MMS264 - X-Men: DOFP: Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a Wolverine in my collection but this doesn't seem like the one to have either. Yet again Hot Toys picks the wrong look to replicate so my only option is a custom. If I remember, this suit/armor was never in a fight scene and that is shame. Ninety percent of the movie had Wolverine in a 70's outfit and this was only worn as his consciousness traveled back in time.

Don't get me wrong it looks incredible but as far as importance goes it just isn't there. It seems impossible for them to use this design again because of the time travel.

Maybe he might have more to do in the Rogue cut coming this summer.

as to the comment about lack of expression, well if thats the case than the same can be said of about 90% of HT figures made.

The point I'm making is that for $250 dollars with absolutely nothing for extras , they should give us a extra action head sculpt . They did it with 300 Leonidas and that was cheaper then this . He looks stupid in any pose besides standing straight . I think he looks great in a stagnate pose but that's it . I expect more for my hard earned money . I'm sorry .

I think its all about the eyes not looking mean/up enough. So while it looks like Hugh Jackman as the accuracy is there, the normal looking straight eyes doesn't express the Wolverine we know from the movie, always have a very mean aggressive look. It works for 90% of other HT figures because those are characters that look their part of not being angry and aggressive, but not for Wolverine. If only they painted the eyes looking up a bit, it will help a lot on this particular face sculpt. Right now, he just look focused or concerned.

The point I'm making is that for $250 dollars with absolutely nothing for extras , they should give us a extra action head sculpt . They did it with 300 Leonidas and that was cheaper then this . He looks stupid in any pose besides standing straight . I think he looks great in a stagnate pose but that's it . I expect more for my hard earned money . I'm sorry .

Did you see those pics posted? Looks great poses to me.

Also this figure is overpriced because getting the actors likeness individually is expensive, Howard already said that any figures from this franchise will likely cost more due to that. If it was just overpriced because it was popular then I would have an issue with it, but I'll take an expensive X-Men figure over no figure at all.

Now the $340 AOU Iron Man repaint is ridiculous.

I like the sculpt on this one. They've tried the angry Wolverine before and it wasn't a good likeness.

Production figure looks as good as the prototype.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As expected, I just saw this on Popcultcha (Australia) that the ETA for this has changed from the end of the year to April 2015.

Now this will clash with my Guardians shopping list.

Damb just re watched DOFP and is legit a solid movie and I think Swagneto deserves a figure big time and so does Charles, their acting in that film is unmatched by ANY other comic book movie, Hank should also get a figure make him like they are doing Chewie, Raven and he'll I'd even go for a Trask Sentinel double pack....screw that, Colussus, Bobby, Storm and Bishop too! The character design in this film could translate so well into 1/6th format, why the hell are we stuck with just Logan! :lol

It doesn't need the sideways stare of The Wolverine nor the clenched teeth expression of the Last Stand figure. But I agree that the straight-on look made it a blank stare instead. I think people are not looking for "expression". The sculpt already has it as shown through the eyebrow position. The way the decals/irises were put though did not complement those eyebrows. I think the next safest eye position next to the neutral this one has is having it looking up a little, similar to Bane. Bane had no angry mouth, no nose even, eyebrows not even as expressive as DPFP Wolverine's. but whether you position Bane's head looking up, straight, or bowed down a little you can see sheer determination.

Still, a very nice release over-all, this DOFP Wolverine figure :)

I honestly think this is the best Wolverine by far, and even if the suit wasn't worn in an action sequence, it just turned out so well that I really want to applaud HT for it.

Now if only I wasn't such an Ultron or biased towards Fassneto I might have actually picked this one up. :lol

I honestly think this is the best Wolverine by far, and even if the suit wasn't worn in an action sequence, it just turned out so well that I really want to applaud HT for it.

Now if only I wasn't such an Ultron or biased towards Fassneto I might have actually picked this one up. :lol
Its got good detailing and it looks well made. The articulation doesnt seem to be hindered either. I'm looking forward to getting this

It doesn't need the sideways stare of The Wolverine nor the clenched teeth expression of the Last Stand figure. But I agree that the straight-on look made it a blank stare instead. I think people are not looking for "expression". The sculpt already has it as shown through the eyebrow position. The way the decals/irises were put though did not complement those eyebrows. I think the next safest eye position next to the neutral this one has is having it looking up a little, similar to Bane. Bane had no angry mouth, no nose even, eyebrows not even as expressive as DPFP Wolverine's. but whether you position Bane's head looking up, straight, or bowed down a little you can see sheer determination.

Still, a very nice release over-all, this DOFP Wolverine figure :)

This. Can't lie, I'm a little disappointing by how it turned out, with the eyes looking down. Notice all of the shots are either with his head bowed or from an upward angle. And to say it doesn't look "off" when posed in action shots, is just silly.

Overall though, a good sculpt and I will just repaint the eyes in the old Kubrick Stare. Will probably cancel my preorder, and just grab a couple of the heads and that undershirt.

IMG_0254_zpslgigqzov.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just some really quick out the box pictures

Back