1/6 Hot Toys - MMS264 - X-Men: DOFP: Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loosely based on AOA is what Singer said. The writer called it "the X-Men's first scrimmage with Apocalypse" which indicates it'll take more than one movie to take him down. Its set in 1983 & it features Jackman, McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Hoult, Peters and Channing Tatum as Gambit along with young versions of Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm & Jean.

No indication so far that the 2023 cast will appear.

:yuck :explode:

I'm all for Tatum to play Gambit actually, I think he's a pretty decent actor.

Well I have yet to see a movie role for him that changes my initial impression of him as an actor. Recommendations?

Magic Mike. Good movie with a very genuine performance by Tatum. McConaughey still steals it in his few scenes, but Tatum is solid. Looking forward to his take on Gambit.

2uj4mfp.jpg

Magic Mike. Good movie with a very genuine performance by Tatum. McConaughey still steals it in his few scenes, but Tatum is solid. Looking forward to his take on Gambit.
While I haven't actually watched it, I did hear that his performance in Magic Mike was one of the best he's ever done. Here's hoping he brings a little something on the table come the time that he plays Gambit.

Well, he actually might be winning an Oscar this year, at the very least receive a nomination for his role in Foxcatcher, hopefully the Oscar helps his image out like it did Matthew Mcconaughey recently.

Well, he actually might be winning an Oscar this year, at the very least receive a nomination for his role in Foxcatcher, hopefully the Oscar helps his image out like it did Matthew Mcconaughey recently.

oh yes that movie looks like it might get some nominations at least...... I'd love to see Carrel get an Oscar.

oh yes that movie looks like it might get some nominations at least...... I'd love to see Carrel get an Oscar.

Right now it seems its between him or Keaton, I think Steve Carell is going to take it though.

I really want a Magneto figure from this line and would gladly pay 250 for it. Does anyone think HT will actually make a Fassneto figure?

I think you're probably right, it's a shame because they would do an excellent job with it.

I really want a Magneto figure from this line and would gladly pay 250 for it. Does anyone think HT will actually make a Fassneto figure?

I think many believe it will happen but many also believe it won't - given Hot Hoys' history of making JUST Wolverines.

No, almost no one thinks that is a strong possibility.

Almost no one believed this figure was happening. It happened. Magneto and the others will come.

That's not really true. The Wolverine had a strong precedent, so there were a fair number of boardies who thought it was going to happen initially. It wasn't until the movie came and went and time passed that the consensus was that it wasn't going to happen. But it's a pretty big stretch to think HT might now go after another DOFP character when we've seen zero other X-figures apart from Wolvie so far. There are a small handful of boardies who are certain Magneto will happen, but not many. There's just no historical evidence to support that it is likely.

I’m pretty sure he’ll get made.

Hope you are right. I would definitely pay top dollar for Mags. This seems strange considering there is presumably a lot of money to be made if HT would just make the right X-Men figures. I think the popular consensus from what I've seen is that Magneto and Charles would be sure hits.

Back