1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy the spiderman.
This guy is pretty awesome for any poses.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426268892661.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426268892661.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 864
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426268918276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426268918276.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 855
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426268940453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426268940453.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 828
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426268967390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426268967390.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 823
The sliver of black you're talking about is a piece of black tape they used to cover the fabric underneath the head/neck joint. You can pull it completely off if you want or you can trim yours so it doesn't poke out. As for the gap, it will still be there whether you remove the tape or just trim it.

I may have to give it a shot because after reviewing my pics, SS said that it's to be expected. Personally I don't think it is to be expected and 2littlemoney's (amongst others I quoted earlier) is a good example of how a mint piece should look.

I'm going to refer the rep I'm discussing this with at SS to this thread so he can see some pics of better examples, and hopefully that will be enough to prove that mine isn't a mint example.

Last edited:
Does the suit snap back ok after dynamic posing?

No and yes.

I don't know how it would look if taken back to neutral and left to slowly re-form over a period of days. But after months of crazy poses, I was able to get mine back to mint condition via gentle steaming and slight futzing. Elasticity was not affected at all. But I've found what is likely to be a permanent or at least indefinite pose now so I'm not worried either way.

To be honest, on this particular figure my enjoyment is derived from depicting an iconic, dynamic pose so I gave up worrying about suit damage although of course I'm careful. The steamer trick was a happy find, nonetheless.

The knees seem to be the only part that is not easily formed back to original. I may have to try that steamer trick.

I hate to admit this but I just watch the movie for the first time yesterday and to be honest I liked it. Yes it had its flaws and some of it seemed to drag on but I did like the concept of electro and the brief stint of you know at the end. This does look to be a cool figure but I own the original Spiderman red and blue and it seems to be an all-time classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to admit this but I just watch the movie for the first time yesterday and to be honest I liked it. Yes it had its flaws and some of it seemed to drag on but I did like the concept of electro and the brief stint of you know at the end. This does look to be a cool figure but I own the original Spiderman red and blue and it seems to be an all-time classic.

Same here. Was actually surprised at how much I liked it about a month ago and just watched it again. I have the old spiderman as well, and think there's room for both to represent the two series.

That shot showcases why I'm not crazy about this fig. The arms especially, look very lumpy and weird.

I personally prefer the first figure. I really like the big white lenses though.

https://scontent-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1006316_566558233469875_7269758452820749818_n.jpg?oh=689aab883555415be815184c4e10f47a&oe=55B4655C

Has anyone been able to get this figure into this pose? Apparently it's possible, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

If you look at the angle this photo was shot at, it seems (unless I'm missing something) that it's a bit of a cheat in that the feet will not sit flat/rest naturally in a four point crouch. The rest of the pose can be done.

That shot showcases why I'm not crazy about this fig. The arms especially, look very lumpy and weird.

I personally prefer the first figure. I really like the big white lenses though.

Like most figures, this one has some bad angles; i.e. places the limbs can go but don't look natural or at their best.

Regarding the "lumps" ... There's foam padding plus fabric to contend with... Not quick and easy but the lumps are not a foregone conclusion. You can pose it without anything like that appearing.

i just got this figure and i really like it. its a way better costume than the asm1 movie one. i think its way closer to his iconic look, enough for me to get it. i think the price was steep though @ $240 but whatever.

5f40169b054e75cff38712feb1c2625b.jpg

Back