1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Garfield better in the first movie. Pete was too mopey throughout ASM2.

To fit Spidey into the MCU I'm sure it'll be explained he was bit by the spider around the time the Chitauri invaded which is why he missed that battle. I wanted Logan Lerman in the role last time around but it went to Garfield. He was pretty good in Fury and his character wasn't too far off from what Peter should be. Not a soldier, just a typist nerd that was thrown in over his head among the big boys. Being a nerd or awkward doesn't mean looking a certain way so I don't want them to cast along those lines. Ultimately it should go to who can rattle off witty quips better as apparently Marvel is gonna focus more on Peter being Spidey over Peter in relationships, if the article I read is to be believed, which is exactly how I want it.

Agree, I liked the Spidey/Stacey dynamic in the ASM movies but it was such a huge focus (which is why I would have liked a ASM3 where there isn't an interest, except maybe Black Cat, but not something serious). Lerman was great in Fury.

Sucks that there hasn't been any OsCorp though in the MCU.

just got the amazing spiderman today at HT, seems like he and igor gets along very well! :yess:

igorspiderman.JPG

Hello all! I've got Spidey for a while now, very nice figure! But the only thing with it, is that the lines on the body don't align with the lines of the mask.. I tell myself: well, it's a suit, and the mask and body are not made of one piece, so it is only logical that they don't always align, but still... If any of you have tips or tricks to make them align, feel free to share it! Hope to hear some tips! Thanks!

Is there any way to brush small black spots off the headsculpt? To clean it up a little? Anyone tried it?

Hello all! I've got Spidey for a while now, very nice figure! But the only thing with it, is that the lines on the body don't align with the lines of the mask.. I tell myself: well, it's a suit, and the mask and body are not made of one piece, so it is only logical that they don't always align, but still... If any of you have tips or tricks to make them align, feel free to share it! Hope to hear some tips! Thanks!
Use the scarf that comes with the exclusive. That should fix your problem.

In a way, yes. I might be in the minority but i though he made a better Peter than Garfield, although he wasn't the best as Spider-Man I'll admit. which is why i'm really hoping they find someone new. I didn't like Garfield at all as Peter.

Yes.

You're not alone. Tobey was a better Peter. Andrew was a better Spidey.

And yes.

Had Spidey in for a couple of months now but I have just got him out and now have him displayed in my collection. Noticed some of that black residue on his left boot, managed to get some of it out but still a bit of a bummer.

Overall he is a great figure and he will more than do me as to represent Spidey in my collection for a very long time. I will get some pics up of him soon.

Had Spidey in for a couple of months now but I have just got him out and now have him displayed in my collection. Noticed some of that black residue on his left boot, managed to get some of it out but still a bit of a bummer.

Overall he is a great figure and he will more than do me as to represent Spidey in my collection for a very long time. I will get some pics up of him soon.

I love this figure. Still think he's one of my faves from 2014. It has its minor flaws like the smudges and the misaligned hands but overall the suit and posing options are great. Best HT Spidey so far IMO.

How did you manage to get some of the black residue out of the boot?

In a way, yes. I might be in the minority but i though he made a better Peter than Garfield, although he wasn't the best as Spider-Man I'll admit. which is why i'm really hoping they find someone new. I didn't like Garfield at all as Peter.

Another vote for Tobey. He made the Spider-man movies the juggernaut they became. To me he'll always be Spider-Man just as Christopher Reeve will always be Superman.

I preferred Tobey as well. I just found he suited the role of Peter much better. He was that skinny, nerdy kid and then built up some muscle to show the transformation into Spider-Man. Garfield just seemed too cool for Peter, skateboarding around all the time. Though I think Garfield's Spider-Man was more fun, he seemed kind of like a jerk sometimes lol. I don't know if I found him all that likeable at times.

Hopefully they can find some sort of balance with whoever is cast next.

I do love the look of this figure though. I just wished I had enjoyed the film a lot more because I don't really like to collet figures from films unless I really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this figure. Still think he's one of my faves from 2014. It has its minor flaws like the smudges and the misaligned hands but overall the suit and posing options are great. Best HT Spidey so far IMO.

:goodpost:

I agree with you there buddy.

How did you manage to get some of the black residue out of the boot?

I just used a tooth-pick and gently picked at the black residue. Like I said I did not get it all out but did manage to improve it.

Anyways some pics -

Well, that is a cool pose! :clap

Thanks! I actually tweaked the position of that right ankle a bit since that shot. OCD satisfied. ;)

While I like the stability of the dynamic stand it came with, there's no comparison for the acrylic I'm using now. The balance is good; he's not clamped, but rather resting on a shelf formed between the top of the acrylic post and the wide clamp beneath it. Nothing is taking him off that short of a full-on collision.

It's the best this figure has looked for me; very dramatic, especially against the stark white backdrop.

Back