1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for going off topic from your discussion guys but I wanted to buy this figure. Now that I know spidey will be in civil war movie, would it be best to wait it out or buy this now?
I'm sure Spidey's MCU design will be his best yet, but it really all depends on how much you like this figure. If you're just wanting a definitive Spidey it might be worth waiting, but if you're a fan of this version go right ahead.

I would hope that MCU Spidey has the fat, stubby legged spider on his back and if they REALLY wanna help differentiate their Spidey, go classic and give him the web pits. OR go super classic and give him the red and black suit and then move on to blue and red. People always forget the first suit was red and black.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423626221.140550.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423626232.536303.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423626240.986822.jpg

This thread needed some pics

Sorry for going off topic from your discussion guys but I wanted to buy this figure. Now that I know spidey will be in civil war movie, would it be best to wait it out or buy this now?

It's the best Spidey figure out and it's of his classic look, so why wait a few more years to see the next one? You can enjoy this now.

If I end up keeping his one, it's definitely more of the Ultimate costume rather than the MCU version probably being more 616. That's how I look at it and there are differences between the ultimate and 616 costumes.

I'm sure Spidey's MCU design will be his best yet, but it really all depends on how much you like this figure. If you're just wanting a definitive Spidey it might be worth waiting, but if you're a fan of this version go right ahead.

It's already as perfect as it can get really. Aside from the logo design which will be different either way.

I asked in the Movie thread but since you guys are talking about Fox and Xmen here, do you know when and if Xmen and other Marvel entities goes back to Marvel? The license deal has to end sometime right, its not in perpetuity right?

It is in fact in perpetuity. So long as Fox makes and release a new film within a set number of years (and it's a wide release not at one theater, as marvel at least learned that lesson from a F4 movie during the 70s) they retain the rights. It's why Daredevil and blade reverted back but xmen and spidey have not. It was a dumb contract by marvel, but it's how everyone did it. Up until Marvel created its own studio in 2006 no one ever thought it would work to produce your own properties. I have no clue why. But that was the way it was. DC still doesn't have its own studio like marvel. Mainly because their largest properties are also owned by other studios. Marvel at one point had sold off the film rights to thor, Cap, Avengers, hulk, on top of the other ones still out their. They just reverted back because of inactivity.

Technically Marvel still owns the film rights, they are licensed out(or leased would be anoth way to look at it) with an auto renewal every time a new film is released, which resets the clock on the "lease".

Just wait bro... the new spiderman figure is going to be the greatest version of the character. Then , even if you don't like it you can always get this one for cheaper down the line. Just wait... you won't regret it.

Any new codes this Feb? With all these spiderman news, I feel like buying this figure!

really? I'm more convinced than ever that I will never buy this figure now :lol I was going to get just to pretend its my Avengers Spidey but now I think I will definitely be waiting :lol

to get my Official Avengers Spiderman :woo

I will probably still pick this one up. The only thing that would make me not want it is if Marvel announced that they were using Miles Morales as the MCU Spider-Man. I would buy 2 of that figure. But I am also sick of Peter in both the comics and films. Make Mine Morales.

YMMV

This picture reminds me how much I want a Hot Toys Iron Spider-Man. I need more Spidey suits for my hall of armor! :clap

Iron Spider-Man.jpg

I don't have any Marvel figures in my collection yet and i was very tempted by this figure. But i was put off by the movie, so hopefully Marvel can turn this all around and i'll end up trowing all my money at them. I think it will be a bit late to integrate the iron spider suit into civil war but i think they might want to change spidies look to avoid comparisons to this series, Which is a shame because this suit looks really good.

Back