1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really posted pics of dolls in sexual situations???

Jesus.

No, but posters took it the wrong way.

Overreacted.

Privyet did all the explicit pics with his.

I just put some female figures in bikinis for some pics and too many members freaked out over nothing

Picked my figure up today from Secret Base here in HK.

Figure i'd share some of my honest thoughts.

I'll start with things I dislike a lot.

1. The thing that bothers me the most is that I think that Hot Toys totally dropped the ball when it comes to the red parts in the suit. When I compare the red parts to the movie suit neither the rich shade of red or the satin appearance of the red in the movie suit are present. Figure in hand, I'm not sure if I would've preferred the original material shown in the prototype. Neither are film accurate but the prototype gave me the impression that the suit jumped right out of a comic book page...it just had that artificial look to it.

2. The hands. Great idea, poorly executed. * Magnets work fine but the seams are very, very noticeable. This is partially due to the soft plastic material that Hot Toys chose to go with for the fingers. They just don't fit very flush and the Web seam that is supposed to camouflage where the two meet is way too thick. I believe that with proper execution this is a great idea and beats swapping entire hands.

3. The entire suit seems to be shifted downwards. The spider on the chest sits too low and the belt sits halfway down his butt. Again, no idea what Hot Toys was thinking on this one. If you don't know what I am referring to go to page 220 and check jedijim's post.

Things I dislike but can understand.

1. The body underneath protrudes in weird ways. Yeah, I get it, since it's basically fabric stretched over a slim type body then it's going to look unsightly in pretty much anything but a museum pose. Thing is the body feels padded in certain areas and I think that they could've done a better job. Areas like the traps and the biceps tend to bunch up in a weird way.

2. Straight out of the box my suit is slightly shifted to one side. Despite my best efforts I cannot seem to sit the suit on the body very symmetrically. The suit is very delicate and just refuses to move much.

3. Seams. Seams in the head and neck. They're there, but it's understandable. Nothing more to say about that.

4. Extras. Take back the clothing HT, give me a head sculpt.

5. No open handed fingers flared hands, only relaxed hands...wall crawling hands. just not the same.

6. Ankle flexion is very limited and that would be useful for many web slinging poses.

Things I liked.

1. By far the truest representation of the wall crawler in any movie. Pretty much like anything from the ASM comics throughout the 90's. Love the big McFarland eyes. Finally a comic book Spider-man...Nuff Said!!!

2. IMHO the best spider-man Hot Toys has even produced. SM3 was what we had till now and to me that was never spider-man. Body type was all wrong. Slender and Agile like the comic books and all not thick-thighed and stumpy like the Toby release.

3. Body proportions. Body is of a good height. ASM 1 was too short, and didn't sit well with the rest of my figures. Body dimensions are very nice. Lean and mean like the comics.

4. The eyes, simply amazing! Out with the yellow crap from ASM 1. Nice size and location.

Final words. Happy with my purchase but disappointed in the missed potential this figure represents.

Overreacted.

I just put some female figures in bikinis for some pics and too many members freaked out over nothing

I think I remember that that star girl made a thread about it.... O man that was funny. She was pissed. That was awhile ago tho.

Picked my figure up today from Secret Base here in HK.

Figure i'd share some of my honest thoughts.

I'll start with things I dislike a lot.

1. The thing that bothers me the most is that I think that Hot Toys totally dropped the ball when it comes to the red parts in the suit. When I compare the red parts to the movie suit neither the rich shade of red or the satin appearance of the red in the movie suit are present. Figure in hand, I'm not sure if I would've preferred the original material shown in the prototype. Neither are film accurate but the prototype gave me the impression that the suit jumped right out of a comic book page...it just had that artificial look to it.

2. The hands. Great idea, poorly executed. * Magnets work fine but the seams are very, very noticeable. This is partially due to the soft plastic material that Hot Toys chose to go with for the fingers. They just don't fit very flush and the Web seam that is supposed to camouflage where the two meet is way too thick. I believe that with proper execution this is a great idea and beats swapping entire hands.

3. The entire suit seems to be shifted downwards. The spider on the chest sits too low and the belt sits halfway down his butt. Again, no idea what Hot Toys was thinking on this one. If you don't know what I am referring to go to page 220 and check jedijim's post.

Things I dislike but can understand.

1. The body underneath protrudes in weird ways. Yeah, I get it, since it's basically fabric stretched over a slim type body then it's going to look unsightly in pretty much anything but a museum pose. Thing is the body feels padded in certain areas and I think that they could've done a better job. Areas like the traps and the biceps tend to bunch up in a weird way.

2. Straight out of the box my suit is slightly shifted to one side. Despite my best efforts I cannot seem to sit the suit on the body very symmetrically. The suit is very delicate and just refuses to move much.

3. Seams. Seams in the head and neck. They're there, but it's understandable. Nothing more to say about that.

4. Extras. Take back the clothing HT, give me a head sculpt.

5. No open handed fingers flared hands, only relaxed hands...wall crawling hands. just not the same.

6. Ankle flexion is very limited and that would be useful for many web slinging poses.

Things I liked.

1. By far the truest representation of the wall crawler in any movie. Pretty much like anything from the ASM comics throughout the 90's. Love the big McFarland eyes. Finally a comic book Spider-man...Nuff Said!!!

2. IMHO the best spider-man Hot Toys has even produced. SM3 was what we had till now and to me that was never spider-man. Body type was all wrong. Slender and Agile like the comic books and all not thick-thighed and stumpy like the Toby release.

3. Body proportions. Body is of a good height. ASM 1 was too short, and didn't sit well with the rest of my figures. Body dimensions are very nice. Lean and mean like the comics.

4. The eyes, simply amazing! Out with the yellow crap from ASM 1. Nice size and location.

Final words. Happy with my purchase but disappointed in the missed potential this figure represents.

Thanks for your take, justme! Very interesting!

Overreacted.

Privyet always does that, and I think has even been warned. He really doesn't give a **** :lol

You really posted pics of dolls in sexual situations???

Jesus.
You said it man.

BV5AFV2.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed. I have to go out of town tomorrow afternoon for a few days, hoping to get Spidey by the afternoon so I can snap some pics for all of us

Here's hoping, this thread needs some new pics :pray:

Where are you guys getting the figures? eBay?
I ordered mine from Sideshow a few days ago.

No man, I got this, T-800, Robo set and The Armory within a few days of each other. Not gotten a chance yet, I posted a few quick Robo snaps yesterday, this is up next.

Cool, looking forward to them. Although I wasn't going to originally I ordered one this morning.

Back