1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Man the webbing on the hands looks so out of scale with the rest of the suit

Can't wait! Hopefully under 200$

could be since there's no Garfield sculpt...but this does come with a bit more so who knows?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

I dont know how you guys think this is anything like the Medicom from ASM 1. Look at it. look how wrinkly the suit is, and its all vinyl. Even if the HTs version is more of a vinyl material, its still far superior to this Medicom. Some photos the new HTs version doesn't look as shiny as others. So just need to wait and see.

medicomspidey5.jpg
Promo pic of ASM 1 Medicom figure

up_16.jpg
New ASM2 HTs

Man the webbing on the hands looks so out of scale with the rest of the suit

could be since there's no Garfield sculpt...but this does come with a bit more so who knows?

If the skip the garfield head the price should be at least $40 below MMS 179... if their offsetting it with the new base and winter I would still expect $20 below MMS 179

If the skip the garfield head the price should be at least $40 below MMS 179... if their offsetting it with the new base and winter I would still expect $20 below MMS 179

That would be amazing. I'd be happy if it was the same price as MMS 179

Can't wait! Hopefully under 200$

I'm with ya! Hopefully this goes up tomorrow and it is reasonable :panic:

I guarantee you fellows it'll be over USD200..... within 229-239 bracket (without shipping)

That would be amazing. I'd be happy if it was the same price as MMS 179

I'll buy if its the same as well, just hoping for lower due to lack of a second sculpt (which would add material and likeness fees to the price)

Though I seem to remember the sculpt on the first figure taking way longer then normal to get approved... maybe thats why HT's is skipping

I'll buy if its the same as well, just hoping for lower due to lack of a second sculpt (which would add material and likeness fees to the price)

Though I seem to remember the sculpt on the first figure taking way longer then normal to get approved... maybe thats why HT's is skipping

:exactly: Thats what I'm guessing

Spidey is a tough toy to make I feel like when you add accessories into the mix. But would people be happy if his clothing was molded to his body like any other toy off of the shelf?

No Garfield/Peter head sculpt? Pass.

I dont know how you guys think this is anything like the Medicom from ASM 1. Look at it. look how wrinkly the suit is, and its all vinyl. Even if the HTs version is more of a vinyl material, its still far superior to this Medicom. Some photos the new HTs version doesn't look as shiny as others. So just need to wait and see.

View attachment 104251

View attachment 104252
New ASM2 HTs
Yeah looks like photos can be inconsistent with this figure. Though the Medicom honestly looks worse and worse the more I look at it. I don't really see a resemblance to the Medicom ASM suit either. I see more of a resemblance to the Spider-Man 3 Medicom figures, but still it looks better than those. Personally I'm waiting a bit more before a final judgement.

View attachment 14251

View attachment 104252

Last edited:

Love this look the figure is growing on me .
I agree, like this a lot. I remember many a Spidey story, growing-up, that had him in these sorts of goofy (for a super-hero) outfits. I think that's something HT definitely nailed.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

The snow jacket and scarf is actually inspired from the comic book Ultimate Spider-Man which the movie seems to be based upon.

I was really looking forward to this release and now all I feel is disappointment. I would never use most of those accessories and if this comes in at the $230-$240 range than Hot Toys can keep it. I would have been happier with a bare bones release around $200 than having crap thrown in to justify the increase in cost.

Well, I can understand how some might be disappointed with what HT included but for others it's a cool set of gear. And like Invictus and jd said, its reminiscent of some Spidey stories and a unique look that some collectors will like. Honestly, I don't display half the stuff that comes with most figures anyways but it's kinda fun to play around with it for pics.

Honestly, my disappointment has less to do with the accessories and more to do with the potential price tag this is going to have. This set being the same price as Winter Soldier is complete bull ****. I personally would be happier with the set being $200 and only having the figure, stand, hands and webbing. My final decision on whether or not I think about getting this will come when Sideshow puts it up for pre order and I see the price. Up to $220, and I'll think about it. Any higher and I will be comfortable not having a Spider Man in my collection.

I like the SP3 suit but this head sculpt/mask I think looks way better than the ASM1 and SM3.

I'm on the shelf, I like the accessories but the "vinyl" look is making it a hard sell. I think I need a push to get this one.

Not the medicom asm, but the rah version they put out prior, where it has a rubbery looking suit
There's a pic a few pages back
Edit, found it

Isn't going to stop me from buying this

Man those Medicom's are really cheesy. I have a Batman HUSH my son gave me for Christmas and it's slowly being pushed off the shelf with the more HT's I get. ;)

Not the medicom asm, but the rah version they put out prior, where it has a rubbery looking suit
There's a pic a few pages back
Edit, found it

Isn't going to stop me from buying this
Thats even worse!!! But the RAH is by Medicom and thats what I was referring to. I think the RAH is very subpar compared to anything HTs, and the one you posted...well, its just kind of funny :lol. But I say they aren't great just compared to HTs. If your a Spidey fan, all of these figures are fun to collect. I collect stuff that isn't HTs sometimes because if I like it, and I like the characters, I'll buy it....I dont buy as much other stuff as I used to because I'm mainly buying SSC and HTs these days. The way I see it, as long as your having fun getting what you like, thats all that matters. :)

But my point before was production wise HTs is way above the RAH Medicom can do as far as accuracy and likeness IMO. And People were comparing Medi vs HTs, and I just don't agree. HTs is way better IMO.

Back