1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one photo of Spidey from SDCC 2014 Preview Night...

_MG_2428.jpg

The material is pretty much the same as the first Amazing Spiderman. If you got that figure and were happy with the material then you'll be happy with this one. It does look better in person but not that much. I'm constantly flipping from keeping this PO to canceling it. The webbing on the hands is still too thick. Looks like it's unchanged from the original prototype. Hopefully HT is still tweaking this figure before release.
What happened with the leg? And...that seam line on the head, is even worse than the ASM Spidey.

I think im actually gonna have to cancel my exclusive.. Compared to other hot toys releases, it would be smarter for me to use this money somewhere else

I might cancel my pre-order. For what I'm getting it's too expensive. Doesn't have an unmasked sculpt either. And I really think he's just too skinny looking. I might go with Sideshow's comic Spidey.

This really does look like a $100 figure.

Same here man along with other Marvel figures. Along with the fact that I still haven't seen this movie, and might be content with my ASM Spider-Man.

That's the thing. I still need to get an Iron Man for my Avengers set up. And AOU is right around the corner. Plus Batman Returns and Arkham City Batman were shown. I would rather sacrifice this figure rather than one of those others.

I have so much crap pre-ordered anyway that I always make sure to cancel anything I'm not completely thrilled with. Plus--$230 for this? No.

Yup it is kinda pointless, unless it came with a whole truckload. Then do it! Save 20 bucks. Though you might be able to sell the exclusives for maybe more than the 20 you'll save. Food for thought.

Yeah, but I'm not really one to go through the hassle of reselling a figure.

Just found a Tobey Maguire black suit Spidey on ebay for a reasonable price (less than my Amazing Spider-Man 2 pre-order price)--and now I'm done looking for Spider-Men. One is enough and the black suit is badass in the extreme.

Plus the Tobey Spideys at least had decent bodies. The new versions all look short and malnourished.

Just found a Tobey Maguire black suit Spidey on ebay for a reasonable price (less than my Amazing Spider-Man 2 pre-order price)--and now I'm done looking for Spider-Men. One is enough and the black suit is badass in the extreme.

Plus the Tobey Spideys at least had decent bodies. The new versions all look short and malnourished.

How much was it??

Wouldn't you be getting an Iron Man for AOU, so wouldn't need one for avengers

I am debating getting the AOU Iron Man or the new diecast Mark III. I am not building a movie based team, just the characters. I like the Mark 42, but I have so much on preorder now I could not add it. As it stands my Avengers set up will be Thor from TDW. Cap Stealth Suit(I loved this look in the comics), Black Widow from TWS. The rest may come from AOU. I am limiting myself to 1 Iron Man. Batman, Joker, are the only figures I will own multiple versions of.

I canceled my exclusive but I might get the original...I'll make final judgements when I see blogger pics

The more i look at pics the more it looks cheap. And it doesn't look like HT will fix it either unless this is the same fig from 3 months ago that was on display.

Idk ther more I think about it ASM2 wasnt as great as I would have liked it either so this are several knocks on stuff I use to decide on getting figs.

The more i look at pics the more it looks cheap. And it doesn't look like HT will fix it either unless this is the same fig from 3 months ago that was on display.

Idk ther more I think about it ASM2 wasnt as great as I would have liked it either so this are several knocks on stuff I use to decide on getting figs.

I was hoping I would have loved this movie and figure.

Hmm not bad. Congrats! You buy it already?

Yup, bought it. I'm really partial to Tobey's performance as Peter Parker and Spider-Man--to the point where I haven't even bothered watching the Andrew Garfield movies. And though Spider-Man 3 had some problems, his black suit from that movie is awesome and I love the unmasked head Hot Toys gave us--so fierce and determined (and thankfully no bangs.) I plan on displaying him with the unmasked head.

Yup, bought it. I'm really partial to Tobey's performance as Peter Parker and Spider-Man--to the point where I haven't even bothered watching the Andrew Garfield movies. And though Spider-Man 3 had some problems, his black suit from that movie is awesome and I love the unmasked head Hot Toys gave us--so fierce and determined (and thankfully no bangs.) I plan on displaying him with the unmasked head.

The HS is awesome. Nice grab!

Back