1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like money saved. Its not awful, but also not compelling me to spend $200+ on a figure wearing the exact same costume. Unless the sculpt gets tweaked I think I will just be passing on this. Sculpt is way off, and I cant even tell you why.

It is 5:15 am here and that might have something to do with it. :p

Booger..... I am rebuilding Avengers and just need Loki / Coulson. I refuse to pay $300+ for Loki so I had high hopes for thus guy. Really underwhelmed at both price and appearance. At this time easy pass......

err what happened, the sculpts should be getting better with time not the other way around

the thor's headsculpt pattern went from mediocre to perfection.

but with loki it seems to be the reverse

I'm certain it will be revised before release, but showing this will most definitely hurt the preorders. Just doesn't look like the actor. I wasn't overly impressed with the first one, but this is even worse.

I love my avengers version and think the hs on that is far better than this, I don't understand how it can not be as good as their first attempt? here's hoping the winter soldier figures are back to hot toys best, the Hemsworth sculpt is spot on perfect

I'm really interested to see how this will look like in Toy Hunters, SB or On.cc pictures.

1186784_10152501157688362_790577657_n.jpg

Wow... I feel sorry for people who were looking forward to this... what a barebones release.

well no new updates to my shrinking order list!! wohoo

I'm not sure we needed another one ... but I guess it is expected. Looks fine, though I think the first one had a better looking sculpt. Or am I wrong?

I'm certain it will be revised before release, but showing this will most definitely hurt the preorders.

:goodpost: It will be risky to PO this for sure. While we know it would be tweaked, it's still hard to tell this early if the final product would indeed be very good and far from this poor attempt. It's $230 we're talking about here. It's a cost that demands the headsculpt be improved not just for the better. It's a cost that should guarantee topnotch quality, sculpt and all.

I get that he didnt wear the helmet in the movie, but to not include it seems wrong to me. The head sculpt to me is not as perfectly nailed as Thor's is, but I don't think it's horrible. The aether, as simple of accessory as it is, is the only cool thing about this. The lack of helmet though ruins it for me. I'm better off with getting the Avengers one.

Wow... I feel sorry for people who were looking forward to this... what a barebones release.

well no new updates to my shrinking order list!! wohoo

Yea, count me as one who was really looking forward to this. I can't justify PO this piece with such a horrible HS. The Avengers one has the better accessories as well; having missed out on that one, the hunt will hafta continue until they show revised sculpt.

I am very happy with my Avengers version, better headsculpt, helmet, cape, and more accessories. Pass for me.

Back