1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

i like to say the Picture are great . but i realy take at the look at scar and celtic dreads . hm
in my opinion . i dont like the dreads they are too thick.
and the beads on them are not as correct in the movie . waht do you mean ?

It just looks like that from pics. The dreads are actually very nice but could have been a little longer though.
I know it's not movie accurate because they're thinner in the movies but once you have it in hand you'll be very happy.

If you look at the new HT AVPs and the Neca 1/4 P1, the dreads have good mass to them ie. each dread, which I'm happy with. But with HT classic that was the worst dreads ever, so thin and so short (might as well left him bald) and they were all stuck together like mumbo jumbo.

The New AVP 2.0 dreads are the same thickness as the old AVP Preds. But the new 2.0 dreads taper down really nicely and sharply. It's just what you would expect from a 1:1 prop replica in terms of quality, material rubber wise and texture.

I do prefer longer dreads and possibility options hence my Ancient custom.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Typo *pose ability (articulation in the dreads)!

But this rubber material really makes the dreads flow natural and make them appear so menacing.

I know the feeling, I have very little room,can't diplay hardly any of my preds, so I'm selling and thinning out some of mine.

Don't do it bud...

I know the feeling, I have very little room,can't diplay hardly any of my preds, so I'm selling and thinning out some of mine.

You should keep your Predators and sell all your ironmen if you do have any and also Batman. :lol It actually depends what you prefer.

For example any figure on display, wether its marvel or dc or any figure for that matter, nothing beats the realism of a Predator display, honestly speaking. My wife when she sees my Wolverine or other human figure for that matter she's like sell that toy (because 1/6 humans sculpts can only have so much realism, there's a limit). But she never complained about the looks of my Preds because they 'look so real' ie. the flesh tones, colour, texture, sculpt, dreads... everything.

She even tried to wrestle with me once and tried to grab it from my hand and I had to literally throw her off and she almost fell. She became upset that I'd rather save my delicate 1/6 Pred figure then to catch her from falling and hitting her head on the wall. But luckily I was able to support both from damage!

But I can understand if you want to sell your old HT Predator figures, that's fine. I'm only keeping the updated 2.0 versions, because they're the best. In fact they're so good that they look more lifelike in hand then they ever did on screen (talking about AVP).

They're like miniature Preds.

I don't have a glass detolf display but when I do get one I want to display, Scar, Custom Ancient/ or Celtic and Berserker together, and then the new P1 when he comes out. Then I'll have to decide between Elder P2 or AVP Elder. And if I can get tracker or falconer for a good price then maybe one of them. But I did like the look of Shadow. And then HT may re-release Lost Predator 2 with Cyborg Bio - and that's the one I would be hyped about the most with, just imagine that green yellow colour palette with the new 2.0 body and his Borg armour, it would build together for a killer display tribe.

Well, hopefully they will have the chopper announced very soon. It shouldn't be too dificult to produce seeing as the scar/celtic body can be used for chopper and the only real difference will be the mask and human skull posts on his back. Lets just hope they don't do that dark copper colored mask though, I have no idea why they did that on the first version.

You should keep your Predators and sell all your ironmen if you do have any and also Batman. :lol It actually depends what you prefer.

For example any figure on display, wether its marvel or dc or any figure for that matter, nothing beats the realism of a Predator display, honestly speaking. My wife when she sees my Wolverine or other human figure for that matter she's like sell that toy (because 1/6 humans sculpts can only have so much realism, there's a limit). But she never complained about the looks of my Preds because they 'look so real' ie. the flesh tones, colour, texture, sculpt, dreads... everything.

She even tried to wrestle with me once and tried to grab it from my hand and I had to literally throw her off and she almost fell. She became upset that I'd rather save my delicate 1/6 Pred figure then to catch her from falling and hitting her head on the wall. But luckily I was able to support both from damage!
well actually I'm starting my collection over, and selling all my other stuff(really don't have enough space at this time anyway).so I'm starting with celtic,as a part of my new predator collection,then plan on getting the new elder p2 next, Then a wolf and jungle hunter if they actually redo them. and hoping they redo the ancient predator that was avp elder when he was younger.and getting him, and go on from there.and hopefully they redo some aliens too.

And hoping they redo the ancient predator that was avp elder when he was younger.

AVP Ancient was AVP Elder when he was younger? Never heard of that one before, you sure about that unless I must of missed something big?

Unless its just a generalised overall conclusion that everyone agreed upon.

Well I'm pretty pissed. I thought I had this on preorder but I didn't. :slap:
I don't know how that could be because I have a lot of preds and certainly would not miss this. So I'm on the waitlist now. :monkey2
If it doesn't convert soon, I may pick it up over at BBTS.

AVP Ancient was AVP Elder when he was younger? Never heard of that one before, you sure about that unless I must of missed something big?

Unless its just a generalised overall conclusion that everyone agreed upon.
yes the one hot toys called the limited asia edition ancient predator was younger avp elder according to avp director.

yes the one hot toys called the limited asia edition ancient predator was younger avp elder according to avp director.

EDIT: Realized my question was beyond stupid...So, nevermind.
DS_-_regret.gif.gif

Last edited:

So that goes for the "special edition" Ancient, too?

no only the asia edition masked one was supposed to be the younger avp elder before he became an elder.

no only the asia edition masked one was supposed to be the younger avp elder before he became an elder.

Thank you for sharing that. I did not know that. That is good because his bio sculpt has similarities in the design/shape.

I like the special version bio more that's why I have him (modded with new 2.0 body).

And then there was always the Ancient Scar with the Alien head on spear- which I customised and sold off too last week.

So apparently the Celtic Predator is sold out at Sideshow? He's not showing up anymore on the site.

EDIT: I was going to use today's Superbowl code for $25 off, but seeing as he's waitlisted I hit up eBay for a deal. Found him in-stock for a little under $250 with free shipping which is roughly what I would've paid had my code with SSC worked. A couple of these eBay listings are actually pretty fairly-priced.

Looking forward to finally getting Celtic next to his brother on the shelf.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with that. Seeing Scar, Classic, and City Hunter (although he really didn't turn out too well) on the SSC gift card list was depressing.

Nothing wrong with that. Seeing Scar, Classic, and City Hunter (although he really didn't turn out too well) on the SSC gift card list was depressing.

I guess. Need to make sure I get in their first if Wolf 2.0 happens.

Interesting,I thought he was died self-destruct on the pyramid top by surrounding with numerous aliens,or just a same type predator?

Alien.vs.Predator.Unrated.2004.异形大战铁血战士..JPG

Back