1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IP is my only Iron Man related figure but that Hulkbuster is a must! I'm saving for it already because it is not going to be cheap at all! That and the Mark 43 will complete my Iron Man collection unless they come out with a die cast version of War Machine from Iron Man 2. I need my War Machine fully loaded with weapons.. unlike the Mark 2.

thanks guys. I originally thought ill just stick to war machine, but seeing him in person i just couldnt resist :panic:
Mike86 agreed with the head battery. I wish they would have just left the switch at the neck, it was sooooo much easier.

Did you get the screw out of the helmet? Mine won't budge and I don't think it's going to. All the other screws came easily but I can't get that one at all. I'll probably end up just leaving it and not using it.

Did you get the screw out of the helmet? Mine won't budge and I don't think it's going to. All the other screws came easily but I can't get that one at all. I'll probably end up just leaving it and not using it.

I ended up using a small flat head screwdriver. The phillips one just seemed like it was starting to strip the screw.

yea i got it out... it was the tightest screw too! youre probably better off leaving it, ive only turned on the eyes just for photos.

IP is my only Iron Man related figure but that Hulkbuster is a must! I'm saving for it already because it is not going to be cheap at all! That and the Mark 43 will complete my Iron Man collection unless they come out with a die cast version of War Machine from Iron Man 2. I need my War Machine fully loaded with weapons.. unlike the Mark 2.
yep hulk buster is a must. you guys think it will be diecast? And agree'd wm mk2 is super wimp compared to wm mk1.

I ended up using a small flat head screwdriver. The phillips one just seemed like it was starting to strip the screw.

You sure wouldn't want that to happen! I stripped the screw on the back my Mark II AU figure (compartment for the chest light) and spent countless hours trying to unscrew it (even using the super glue method), which only resulted in making things each worse each time. Thankfully, my dad managed to drill the head of the screw away without causing any kind of damage to the figure, and it was only then could the stripped screw be removed. :slap

Never want to experience that again so from that point onwards, I strictly only use a flat head screwdriver to work on my IM figure's screws..much safer in my opinion! And if you see a screw starting to strip, better replace it while you still have the chance!

yea i got it out... it was the tightest screw too! youre probably better off leaving it, ive only turned on the eyes just for photos.
Mine is stripped. I probably will just leave it unless I can somehow drill the head of the screw off. Pretty irritating but whatever I guess I wasn't planning to use the light up feature much anyways.

Mine is stripped. I probably will just leave it unless I can somehow drill the head of the screw off. Pretty irritating but whatever I guess I wasn't planning to use the light up feature much anyways.

Or you could make the screw head be usable..... turn it in to fit a flat-head screw-driver.

yep hulk buster is a must. you guys think it will be diecast? And agree'd wm mk2 is super wimp compared to wm mk1.

But as a figure, wasn't the mk1 War Machine kinda lacking in the articulation department? That's why I didn't pick him up then (that and that I was more Batman focused at the time...) I'd have thought he'd be ripe for another shot.

But as a figure, wasn't the mk1 War Machine kinda lacking in the articulation department? That's why I didn't pick him up then (that and that I was more Batman focused at the time...) I'd have thought he'd be ripe for another shot.
true... but they could have put slighter bigger forearm guns on both arms and a mini pop up shoulder canon and that would have given war machine some more attitude. Its still an excellent fig though :wink1:

I never owned the Mk1 War Machine so I cant speak to that but I like the design. All 3 of the die cast figures that have been released so far have had improved articulation so hopefully if they re-released MK1 WM they would incorporate some of the improvements.

Sad to say I have already gotten the shoulder issue with the rubber joint coming out of the figure so watch out I have already contacted side show for a replacement

uploadfromtaptalk1408599794150.jpg

Sad to say I have already gotten the shoulder issue with the rubber joint coming out of the figure so watch out I have already contacted side show for a replacement

View attachment 128811

Forgive my ignorance, but how will that impact the figure in the long run? Is that displaced rubber joint responsible for reported shoulder breakages in the Mark 42 figure?

Oh dear, seeing that picture stopped me pushing the 'Buy it now' button, I thought they had fixed the problem with the shoulders on the IP figure?

Oh dear, seeing that picture stopped me pushing the 'Buy it now' button, I thought they had fixed the problem with the shoulders on the IP figure?
This is the first of any problem with Iron Patriot that I've ever seen. Didn't even know there was a problem that needed to be fixed.

Yep.. First Iron Patriot issue that I have seen. Iron Patriot has had rock solid track record so maybe this one is an isolated incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance, but how will that impact the figure in the long run? Is that displaced rubber joint responsible for reported shoulder breakages in the Mark 42 figure?
Not sure I have seen this before on another toy my macross 1/48 yamato vf-1j. Same sort if thing only it was the hip bar and a rubber washer it would come out like this , but I don't recall it ever breaking on any one.

Strange thing us that I just got this and I barely posed this arm I thought if anything it would have been the other arm considering that I was moving that around quite a bit. I moved the other arm around quite a bit to test it still nothing which leads me to belive it's some thing to do with the assembly.

I am still with in the 30 day side show return policy so I am asking for an exchange

Back