1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skull you should buy this than review it so than I can make up my mind on Iron Patriot. :monkey3

Iron Patriot is a great figure guys. The ONLY reason to pass is if you don't like the color scheme. I think it's great and the paint job is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics!!

Btw, has anyone ever gotten a HT figure without the plastic over the box? This was definitely a first for me. Opened the brown shipper and the box didn't have the plastic haha. Weird, guess they forgot

I did a long time ago for my DX10, but I got it when one popped up again on their site after being sold out and I had a conspiracy theory that it was a returned one since the chip and power core and stuffs that go in his head were still in his head and not in the plastic. Didn't bother to exchange or return since I don't think they had any left. The figure wasn't damaged anyhow.

Great pics!!

Btw, has anyone ever gotten a HT figure without the plastic over the box? This was definitely a first for me. Opened the brown shipper and the box didn't have the plastic haha. Weird, guess they forgot

I guess it's possible that this was just skipped the the packaging process but I would give that figure a very good workout to make sure that everything is in order.

Cant remember who recommended reflective tape behind the eyes of the facemask that can open but it was genius! :clap

Here is a comparison of one completed eye
0EE32A5E-0D03-4AC6-A5FF-34999A05DFC1.jpg

Now i can display and close the facemask at any time :yess: the darker eyes just looked bad IMHO
6F035FD6-0105-40A6-86BF-87147553C83A.jpg

Wow that looks so much better! What kind of reflective tape are you using? Never heard of that...

Also I have realized that my face mask doesnt open as wide as yours does. If it is open Rhodey can barely see anything. This thing is just sitting too low. What am I doing wrong or did I get an error head? Any help would be appreciated... :dunno

Wow that looks so much better! What kind of reflective tape are you using? Never heard of that...

Also I have realized that my face mask doesnt open as wide as yours does. If it is open Rhodey can barely see anything. This thing is just sitting too low. What am I doing wrong or did I get an error head? Any help would be appreciated... :dunno

I got it from this site https://www.lineotape.com/contactus.htm you have to call as the site doesn't work. It was a red and white reflective tape and it was about $2 a roll. Now i need to put some of that tape on the mk42 as both of the head sculpts look dead on that one.

You have to play with it, the way that you mentioned seems to be the default setting and i agree it sucks it looks like he is wearing a super extended baseball cap. Put it in the same position as mine but go slowly until you get it to stick in that position, takes a lot of fiddling but it can be done.

I think I take the face plate off and put it back on every other day. I love the head sculpt but since I don't own an Iron Man figure I like him with the faceplate on as well.

I think I take the face plate off and put it back on every other day. I love the head sculpt but since I don't own an Iron Man figure I like him with the faceplate on as well.

Yea i think they screwed that up with the mk42, i want to display it with the open face but that is only possible with the battle damaged head and i dont want to display my figure with the battle damage :dunno

Yea i think they screwed that up with the mk42, i want to display it with the open face but that is only possible with the battle damaged head and i dont want to display my figure with the battle damage :dunno

Hopefully some clean third party sculpts will show up on eBay for the 42. I agree that HT screwed up by providing a damaged face that only makes sense with damaged armor. If you display it with the clean armor then it just looks like he raised the faceplate and got punched in the face lol.. For $300+ they could have provided a clean sculpt as well.

I am very surprised that no one has recast the Cheadle sculpt from Iron Patriot in War Machine colors. I'm sure most War Machine owners would love a head sculpt for their figure.

Hopefully some clean third party sculpts will show up on eBay for the 42. I agree that HT screwed up by providing a damaged face that only makes sense with damaged armor. If you display it with the clean armor then it just looks like he raised the faceplate and got punched in the face lol.. For $300+ they could have provided a clean sculpt as well.

I am very surprised that no one has recast the Cheadle sculpt from Iron Patriot in War Machine colors. I'm sure most War Machine owners would love a head sculpt for their figure.

If you wanna talk surprise , and I know I'm crossing lines here ,but what I'm really surprised about is that no one ever did a resculpt/ recast of the bespin Luke head. For the prices the clean one sells for on eBay I would thing they would make a killing on a decently priced recast

I finally got this figure last week & I'm very pleased with it..., I know it's just the War Machine repainted but it still looks rather impressive to me & it's always good to have another version of something you like (I think). I really love the diecast format, I'm impressed that Hot Toys decided to start making metal figures..., it brings the cool factor to a whole new level & I've ordered all 4 of the diecast series suits to date. Well I've not touched Whiplash mark 2 yet but I'm doing my pondering thing on that one still (I just like Iron Man as apose to other characters in Iron Man). :)

I finally ordered one, had my eye on this for a while, should look fantastic next to the mark 42 whenever that finally ships from sideshow.

I finally ordered one, had my eye on this for a while, should look fantastic next to the mark 42 whenever that finally ships from sideshow.

Congrats! Definitely post pics and review when he arrives. I've been debating on getting this.

Great to see the mark 42..., that's the one I'm waiting for now. :) The Iron Patriot is great but I think War Machine is better, just my personal preference though. :)

Back