1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Chest armor is why better than what SS did on the ESB version. If I get this I'll keep the SS version too. ESB is my favorite movie out of all of them. Doesn't appear that HT and SS are crossing paths in their releases, dare I say we won't see an HT ESB version for years and years?

don't bet on it. If they already have the superb and better Fett version, why not reuse it for ESB which will DEFINITELY sell. For example - stormtrooper, spacetrooper, stormtrooper disguise etc. The ESB deserves it. I'm about to throw my SSC Fett into the sarlacc pit. YOU CAN DO IT HOT TOYS!

The role Fett played in ESB was cool. His role in ROTJ was quite terrible, but somehow the Fett that has always stuck in my mind is this one.

Looks great! I'm surprised to see him at all from HT since I thought the deal was basically that HT was only re-doing figures Sideshow had already done, with some small exceptions (like Chewie). I thought HT made the 1/4 ROTJ Fett to get around that and would have expected the ESB 1/6 Fett before this one!

Doesn't he look a little pudgy? Like he's got some fat thighs? And does the codpiece look small?

But eh, I'm fine with Sideshow's Fett. I like the ESB version better anyway. Except for those tiny forearms--I really need to fix that.

Looking at the pictures more, I do prefer the look of the ESB version instead. If SS just got the chest armor to fit better it would have been a even better figure. This is a great figure and will all the releases, it looks like I need to excert some shelf control........but the dark side is so tempting!

I understand that this new HT Fett is looking great but I don't understand the sudden hate on the SS one.

Having had the original ESB Fett when it came out, I remember a lot of initial disappointment with him. I know for me, there was no amount of futzing that I was willing to do to make it look "right". They seem to have gotten better with the proto Fett and finally figured it out with Jango though. I think it's just people excited about a great looking figure.

Having had the original ESB Fett when it came out, I remember a lot of initial disappointment with him. I know for me, there was no amount of futzing that I was willing to do to make it look "right". They seem to have gotten better with the proto Fett and finally figured it out with Jango though. I think it's just people excited about a great looking figure.

Good points, all around. I just don't understand the "HT's Fett is amazing; dumping my SS Fett immediately" type of posts.

Good points, all around. I just don't understand the "HT's Fett is amazing; dumping my SS Fett immediately" type of posts.

A lot of kids here that just jump to the newest thing. Just read the accolades for figures and then see them up for sale in the Sale Thread 3 months later.

It's good though -- you can pick up a SS Fett cheap now.

It definitely depends on your willingness to strive for perfection.
Even with the flaws, I'm pretty happy with my SSC ESB Fett. He looks great next to the deluxe Darth. Although this Fett is better, it's not significantly better (in my opinion) to be worth the trade up.
I mean, it's not like comparing SSC's original ANH Luke vs the Hot Toys one... if it was, it would be an instant trade-up for me.

Well I also was never happy with the SSC version, and knew from day one I would trade it in for an HT version if one happened. Now it is, and I will. Even if HT has issues with some of the details, any Fett they do will be superior in quality to an SSC one. Plus, I also like the red bits on ROTJ Fett.

I'll eventually getting around to doing the same with Vader. Difference there being that my Vader (the "Episode IV" version) probably isn't worth much nowadays, so no huge rush to sell while the selling's good!

1125x682_previewbanner_HTbobafettFigure.jpg

Odd choice RoTJ versus ESB. .ANH figs done and HT jumping around in films versus going in order?
doubt they would do an ESB version as sideshow just released theirs. So far they haven't stepped on each other's toys.. I mean toes 😉

HT seems to be focusing on releases SS did a while back.

Still I was expecting them to start with the two ESB figures that rumors say they are working on.

Still I was expecting them to start with the two ESB figures that rumors say they are working on.

With Sideshow just releasing theirs "recently", that would've been foolish on their part. With my bias aside, I'm glad they decided to go this route first.

Back