1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Tobey Maguire's interpretation edged out on the awkwardness and in response, rightfully so, the producers and writers were probably like “Let’s do something different”. So Andrew Garfield’s ended up being too cocky.

But thanks to that Tom Holland strikes that Balance.

Yes! Tobey Maguire's interpretation edged out on the awkwardness and in response, rightfully so, the producers and writers were probably like “Let’s do something different”. So Andrew Garfield’s ended up being too cocky.

Not to mention, the proper age..

Right!! It's hard to suspend the disbelief on late20/early30 year olds playing high school kids. Early 20s are sometimes passable, but I roll my eyes every time.

In the case of Holland born in June 96, he was cast probably when he was about 18 shot Civil War when he about 19 and then shot Homecoming when he was about 20. With all of that in mind, he can easily play 15 to upwards of 25. So yes the casting is brilliant.

announcement
https://news.marvel.com/movies/2475...dios_find_their_spider-man_star_and_director/
Civil War Shooting
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/locations#filming_dates
Homecoming Shooting
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/locations#filming_dates

Pretty much all this here. I loved both tobey and holland. Garfield was way to cocky. Not likable at all.

Tom Holland’s take is genius! I remember hearing somewhere that he was channeling Michael J Fox for his Peter Parker. It was either on the DVD extras or the Nerdist podcast interview but my mind was blown when I heard that. It totally makes sense.

Makes me think of what if we had gotten that back in the day. But then again we technically got it with Homecoming what with his Marty Mcfly take and the movie being inspired by 80s John Hughes.

The way Garfield played Parker was the main reason I didn't like the ASM movies.

He just came off as a jerk.

Garlfield had more of an awkward angsty teen vibe. Like he had a tormented soul because of the parental arc of the story. It was hard watching him try to talk and articulate his thoughts. Like he wasn’t as smart as he should have been cause of course he’s a science kid.

Holland is a more likable and relatable awkward. He can get across his ideas without seeming like he’s tormented and brooding. He’s positive and upbeat regardless of the circumstances and adversities that have plagued his life. I think that makes him stronger and more relatable and more of a hero.

Yeah, nothing against Andrew Garfield. His take is based on what the story called for. I enjoyed the two ASM films for what they were but I just couldn’t connect with his Peter Parker.

The likeabke and positive aspects of Holland’s take is are essential Spider-Man traits. That “friendly neighborhood” traits.

Tom Holland’s take is genius! I remember hearing somewhere that he was channeling Michael J Fox for his Peter Parker. It was either on the DVD extras or the Nerdist podcast interview but my mind was blown when I heard that. It totally makes sense.

Makes me think of what if we had gotten that back in the day. But then again we technically got it with Homecoming what with his Marty Mcfly take and the movie being inspired by 80s John Hughes.

Oh man, the last time I was watching Homecoming I thought that Holland would be my pick for Marty if they rebooted Back to the Future soon (not that I want them to). So funny!

Again, anyone own both the home coming spidey and the Amazing Spiderman 2 figures? If so, anyone got a side by side photo? Thanks.

Again, anyone own both the home coming spidey and the Amazing Spiderman 2 figures? If so, anyone got a side by side photo? Thanks.
Deanknight666 youtube
01a93be2353ef4f673800b10aff1af14.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back