1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: SHOTGUN Mark XL Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this ... Had no rewards or coupon codes to throw at it but figured why not take advantage of the free shipping offer. I hope it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this guy today.
My first Hot Toys Iron man Armor since the original War Machine. They have come a long way! I love this guy!

DSC_2337.JPG

Unexpected (one use only sorry) voucher drop from SS meant I pulled the trigger on this one... The flex-pay on this on top of my other PO payments mean I'm going to be pretty skint for the next three months! But this armour looks fantastic, and it actually featured fairly heavily in the film. (My first HPP armour... I fear this is the beginnings a slippery slope!)

I think I'll be displaying it pristine rather than battle damaged - that orange is probably supposed to make it look like the metal is glowing red hot with the lighting effect, but given that it's just a layer of slightly messy paint over the blue/silver, meh.

I might have to get shotgun. Even my wife who hates my figures (she calls them dolls) likes him.

Someone who has this, run me through pros and cons; make me fully love or hate this guy because I've got a $50 coupon code and I've always liked the armor.

Sods law, my Shotgun arrived literally as I was walking out of the door for work.

Looking forward to getting in and unboxing him, despite the minor burn of the massive Spook discount on the figure right now!

It really is a great fig, imho. The paint job is great and it has great shelf presence. It stands out really well in a collection. I did end up selling mine, but I did enjoy having it before that.

Definitely one of the best plastic Iron Man figures to date, paint is excellent and very "metallic", great features too with the light up face plate with the head sculpt and light up battle damage. A lot of figure design innovation that we'll see going forward I imagine. And just an awesome armor!

Shotgun is in my top 5 favorites in my IM collection, great figure.

Of the house party figures.. My top five would be .. (In no order)
1. Hot Rod
2. Starboost
3. Tank
4. Midas
5. Disco

I think shades might knock off disco (assuming we get one) but for me, shotgun doesn't make the cut because of the head articulation. Don't get me wrong, I love the figure, the paint job is fantastic and most of the articulation is great.. But the limited head movement really kills me.

Back