1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: SHOTGUN Mark XL Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As big as an Iron Man fan as I am, I didn't get into the whole HPP thing. I went for Heartbreaker and Silver Centurion and that's it. This is one that could tempt me though. Price, package and proto pics please!

image.jpg

First pic from SDCC. Only the back!

I want to pass on this one. I'm certainly not going to, but I want to. Too many figures to buy! I'm going to need more room for this, and Tank, and whatever else they finally get around to releasing from the HPP. My ultimate goal is to get them all and then do my own version of the Clean Slate Protocol. Only instead of blowing them up, I sell them on ebay for a small fortune and retire. No metal falling from the sky, just $$$$. :D
Ryan

I want to pass on this one. I'm certainly not going to, but I want to. Too many figures to buy! I'm going to need more room for this, and Tank, and whatever else they finally get around to releasing from the HPP. My ultimate goal is to get them all and then do my own version of the Clean Slate Protocol. Only instead of blowing them up, I sell them on ebay for a small fortune and retire. No metal falling from the sky, just $$$$. :D
Ryan

Unfortunately you'll be taking a loss on most of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don t get the appeal to tank, to pay so much for a repaint seems kinda silly.

Then you don't really get the appeal of a huge section of collectors. Limited and exclusives often sell simply becuase of that fact. If it was pink or rainbow (SDCC super7 motu Giants) or straight repaints.

Also, if you are like me and trying to assemble the entire HPP..

And essentially 1/4 of human figures are essentially just "repaints".

you would have to be insane to try and get the entire HPP set, that like thousands of dollars :horror

Well that's a little judgmental.

Everyone collects different things, and for different reasons within different parameters, and on different budgets.

I want Cap from each movie he's in, a snapshot of the character at that stage in his arc/progression. Some people only need one Cap for their Avengers shelf. There's no right or wrong way to collect. Ultimately we're all here to enjoy some figures which are, I think, really no different than appreciating/collecting sculptures, paintings or other forms of art.

Everyone collects different things, and for different reasons within different parameters, and on different budgets.

I want Cap from each movie he's in, a snapshot of the character at that stage in his arc/progression. Some people only need one Cap for their Avengers shelf. There's no right or wrong way to collect. Ultimately we're all here to enjoy some figures which are, I think, really no different tha appreciating/collecting sculptures, paintings or other forms of art.

:goodpost: :lecture

I want Cap from each movie he's in, a snapshot of the character at that stage in his arc/progression. Some people only need one Cap for their Avengers shelf. There's no right or wrong way to collect. Ultimately we're all here to enjoy some figures which are, I think, really no different than appreciating/collecting sculptures, paintings or other forms of art.

No its not. I was just saying that to do that would be crazy expensive, i dont see how saying that is judging anyone from doing it if they want to.

you would have to be insane to try and get the entire HPP set, that like thousands of dollars :horror

As I've explained before..even though hot toys are not cheap...they are by far not the most expensive thing to collect. And my neighbor, he collects cars. Has nearly as many as I do hot toys. And I have nearly every (nearly, but not all) figure hot toys has made. Well north of 200. But as I said he has nearly that man cars. And not junk. Mostly classic muscle cars but a few modern sports cars and then really classic stuff (30s-50s).

People collect what they like and what they can afford. I don't get being critical of how someone else collects. Unless your paying my bills.

No its not. I was just saying that to do that would be crazy expensive, i dont see how saying that is judging anyone from doing it if they want to.

That's not what you said. May be what you meant. But what you said was to collect the entire line you would be insane...and it would be expensive.

As I've explained before..even though hot toys are not cheap...they are by far not the most expensive thing to collect. And my neighbor, he collects cars. Has nearly as many as I do hot toys. And I have nearly every (nearly, but not all) figure hot toys has made. Well north of 200. But as I said he has nearly that man cars. And not junk. Mostly classic muscle cars but a few modern sports cars and then really classic stuff (30s-50s).

People collect what they like and what they can afford. I don't get being critical of how someone else collects. Unless your paying my bills.

Back off man i already said i dont care if someone wants to do it. God why is everyone taking what i said so seriously :dunno

Back