1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that... The more I see of this figure, the more beautiful I think it is. I can't wait to get it.

I seen someone say they prefer the first Midas because it's screen accurate and this one isn't... I don't see how the first is screen accurate when all we see of the armor in the actual movie is this:

View attachment 271171

Honestly, compared to the official art for Midas the gold tones on the chrome version are closer than the first midas figure, I always thought the darker tones on the first one were too brown, which is the reason I never really wanted it. It may not be as reflective as the chrome figure, but the other gold tones are closer IMO.

View attachment 271172View attachment 271173View attachment 271174

No problem. Ya in the video the first Midas does look more brown when next to the new one. I guess its all up to having the suit shiny or not.

Was done with my IM collection after going broke a$$ on my Mark 3 Gunmetal.

Just had to get this after seeing all the photos and reviews.
Surprisingly it's from the same seller (jhstoys) I got my Mk3 from. They gave it to me for $500 exact and free express :clap
Great experience last purchase and even escaped the pesky tax agents here in Canada.

Wanted to wait for SS on this but $500 isn't too bad considering the msrp on this is 1880 rmb and another 500 on the ticket and seeing shanghai disneyland news on the tv makes me wonder how many people are fighting for these >.>

Can't wait to unbox this shiny thing!

Was done with my IM collection after going broke a$$ on my Mark 3 Gunmetal.

Just had to get this after seeing all the photos and reviews.
Surprisingly it's from the same seller (jhstoys) I got my Mk3 from. They gave it to me for $500 exact and free express :clap
Great experience last purchase and even escaped the pesky tax agents here in Canada.

Wanted to wait for SS on this but $500 isn't too bad considering the msrp on this is 1880 rmb and another 500 on the ticket and seeing shanghai disneyland news on the tv makes me wonder how many people are fighting for these >.>

Can't wait to unbox this shiny thing!

I got mine express from him too, did yours ship yet because I haven't gotten any updates?

I got mine express from him too, did yours ship yet because I haven't gotten any updates?
Told me Monday-Tuesday as their post is closed on weekends. Crossing figures Canada customs don't mistaken this thing as a real gold Iron Man :lol

There's still one cheaper half option. Get the gold plated parts from the seller on ebay and add them to your Midas. I bought the clear Mk VII parts as extras and they're pretty good. They should make the older Midas pop.
Ryan

There's still one cheaper half option. Get the gold plated parts from the seller on ebay and add them to your Midas. I bought the clear Mk VII parts as extras and they're pretty good. They should make the older Midas pop.
Ryan

Completely un-related but that's what people are doing with the new Rolex Daytonas.
The new one has a black ceramic bezel and pretty much that's the only difference between the old stainless steel bezel case. But the new one's are fetching for 6-8k mark-up above MSRP (talk about insane) and people are just buying $100 ceramic bezels off eBay and swapping the bezel out.

I do wonder who in their right mind would take a part a new figure and split sell it's parts?

Thanks for that... The more I see of this figure, the more beautiful I think it is. I can't wait to get it.

I seen someone say they prefer the first Midas because it's screen accurate and this one isn't... I don't see how the first is screen accurate when all we see of the armor in the actual movie is this:

View attachment 271171

Honestly, compared to the official art for Midas the gold tones on the chrome version are closer than the first midas figure, I always thought the darker tones on the first one were too brown, which is the reason I never really wanted it. It may not be as reflective as the chrome figure, but the other gold tones are closer IMO.

View attachment 271175

The shine looks great, the problem is the matte rubber diaper it has completely clashes with the rest of it. At least on the V1 it looks consistent top to bottom. Had they done more to update the Mk7 it would be a different story.

Side by side I prefer the original Midas which I have. The darker bronzy- and rose- gold of the first looks "richer" ironically. With THIS new Super Chrome release I OFFICIALLY remove myself from the Titanium Alloy Teet of Hot Toys' Ironman. Meaning I won't mindlessly buy whatever they crank out because they will obviously mindlessly crank out whatever.

Side by side I prefer the original Midas which I have. The darker bronzy- and rose- gold of the first looks "richer" ironically. With THIS new Super Chrome release I OFFICIALLY remove myself from the Titanium Alloy Teet of Hot Toys' Ironman. Meaning I won't mindlessly buy whatever they crank out because they will obviously mindlessly crank out whatever.

I thought the same thing. The gold plate makes it look like 3CPO.

I thought the same thing. The gold plate makes it look like 3CPO.
My initial feelings were Christmas Ornament. The more "matte" finish of the original reveals more detail. Hot Toys coulda / shoulda put their efforts into something else. Like even if they were truly lazy and didn't want to RnD something brand new there's the Blue Steel Suit that still needs to be put out. Instead we get, what the fourth Mark vii repaint? Uuuugh...

My initial feelings were Christmas Ornament. The more "matte" finish of the original reveals more detail. Hot Toys coulda / shoulda put their efforts into something else. Like even if they were truly lazy and didn't want to RnD something brand new there's the Blue Steel Suit that still needs to be put out. Instead we get, what the fourth Mark vii repaint? Uuuugh...

And yet after all the whining...both mk7 suits sold out, the mk7 stealth sold out in hours, the first Midas sold out, Python sold out...why are people surprised? And it had nothing to do with "being lazy". Such a silly statement. Like they didn't have to actually do any work. The figures just magically appear. 99% of the actual work is identical on this Midas as it was on the first and on the very first iron man figure they did. The work by the factory is identical. The outside of less design work for two people it takes exactly the same as any other figure. But sure, that makes the other 50 people "lazy". And given the design team is pushing out 10-15 times the amount of figures per year over the last three years as they did the any year prior..or simpler yet they produced 20 more figures in 2014-15 then they did for any other one year period in their history...sure they where lazy.

People can not like or not want a figure. All good. But calling it lazy, or people that spend to own it lacking common sense..that stuff really shouldn't happen on a site that's dedicated to the hobby. People get enough of that crap from non collectors. Just Becuase you don't like something does not make it stupid or lazy or whatever. It means that you don't like it. That's it.

I don't think they will either. Even tho there's a gold storm trooper going up for preorder soon. I love the original midas, and I will keep it and also get this one if sideshow does put it up. If not, I'm fine with it because I'm not paying 5 bills just to get it.

I'm perfectly happy with my Midas tbh but I really want the newer Mark IV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bit and got one 485 with EMS from a member here. This will be my first Iron man figure. I just love how unique it is in terms of looks

Back