1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (Reissue) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks exactly the same to me. Not even repulsor hands.

Are you that desperate for the addition of 50c worth of cheap pot metal?

He does have repulsor hands.

And he could turn around your 50cent pot metal comment back toward you and your being miffed about 10cents worth of plastic for repulsor hands. Which, they did include.

This does look marginally different from the original release, but overall I'm indifferent toward this. I wouldn't lose any sleep if this never made it to Sideshow.

The only reason I would consider buying this is that my original one looks and feels so worn out...slightly pink panties, loose legs, and a scoliotic appearance from not being able to stand up straight (weakened torso parts I guess). An update/replacement couldn't hurt.

Some differences I can gleam from the pictures:

1) The wrist guards are now different to allow the repulsor firing palms to fit better and look more natural.
2) The interior of flaps on the back have been simplified. The metal mesh pieces that can move independently are now gone.
3) The circular countermeasures mechanism on the side of the hips can no longer pop out to show deployed mode, just like in Mark VII.

That's all I can tell from the pix so far.

Chest does look a little different. Nice change if they added repulsor hands; the hip flares were problematic so no great loss there, but the metal mesh inner flaps were a very nice detail, shame if they lost that. Pink panty potential is alarming, though.

It includes the repulsor hands. Top ones in the pic. Crap photo but they are there
image.jpeg

The flaps have metal mesh but it's just redesigned looks better
image.jpeg

This looks rather good, like a couple of others the chest looks different to me but it may be a trick of the light (been comparing to photos of other peoples 1st run).

Kinda a shame its so light on the accessories like the weapons (though we never saw them in the movie anyway) and the head sculpt seeming they could update it with the Arc Creation set version. If it is something they can put out and think will sell well without a massive cost then (I know others disagree but) I say go for it especially if it leads to an updated version of the Mark VI... Part of me still kinda wants this having not been aware of Hot Toys back when this was out, but then I keep having to tell myself I have enough on PO already and some things I want to PO more lol.

It's entirely possible that IF they do a full production run that it would come with other options. Like a stark head for example. Just have to wait and see. But for what this is, a store exclusive, it's a cool item.

And if you don't have a mk4 if consider getting it if it comes out. It's a fantastic suit

I would think about getting this if sideshow got it. I don't have any plastic iron men. If the mark 5 gets reissued I will 100% get it, diecast or not.

It just comes with some extra hands, right? So it's missing all the things that set it apart from the other countless Iron Man figures.

What a pointless re-release.

I guess its good for people who missed out on first release. You think this will be on sideshow or BBTS?

Back