1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (Reissue) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck.

I'm curious why you didn't have them go earlier?

Last edited:
Looks exactly the same to me. Not even repulsor hands.

Are you that desperate for the addition of 50c worth of cheap pot metal?

Actually looks like a slight downgrade to be honest.

- No Stark headsculpt
- No sunglasses
- No donut
- No hall of armour base
- Metal mesh in control surfaces gone
- Hip countermeasures apparently now non-working fixed parts
- Wrong shade of red

I'll stick with my original.

cioTvpF.jpg

Also not liking the look of that electroplated Midas much, I feel like it should have been all-or-nothing.

Meh Ill take it as is as long as the panties don't fade. I have an old MKIV headsculpt and collar already and ill buy the doughnut box on ebay.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective :)

- No Stark headsculpt - I have a better one
- No sunglasses - I have them already
- No donut - got me there!
- No hall of armour base - I have a Hall of Armor waiting for him (but the base would have been nice)
- Metal mesh in control surfaces gone (I thought it had more detailed parts in there?
- Hip countermeasures apparently now non-working fixed parts - no big deal for me, never used them
- Wrong shade of red - I guess that depends which red you refer to since, like the mark 3, it would change depending on physical suit vs cgi, any post processing like digital grading etc. And also what the figure actually looks like in hand.

I'll stick with my original. - the biggest one for me, I don't have the original!

So while I am trying not to get my hopes up, I would be very happy to get this :)

Yes, really. Too bright. Original had it closer.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrgdf4_legacy-studios-iron-man-2-suit-tour_shortfilms

Incidentally for anyone with Weibo accounts you can find more photos from the event at @iron涛-savior and @Eatro's profiles, and also here: https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Aesir+Liu/keywords_top

Sorry, but you can't judge the color based on a photo, which doesn't always look like the real object, and looking at that on a computer or phone screen which doesn't faithfully represent the color.

And, it doesn't matter if the original was different. There's a bunch of different shades used in the film.

And the kicker...lighting. The exact same figure can look like it was five seperate shades (or more) depending on the light.

The color is not wrong. And saying so based on a photo is like saying a car handles bad based on a video.

And just to illustrate-compare this pic of the original to your pic. They look like completly different paint jobs. But it's not.

image.jpeg

Or this-

image.jpeg

Or
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Well when I said it only came with a base and two sets of hands I thought it was obvious it didn't have other stuff.

man.. i really thought they were going to re-release the previous armors in diecast because of the mark 3. i guess that's not going to happen.

or maybe it is going to happen and the mark 4 just wasn't important enough to make a diecast version of?

i think at the very least they should do diecast versions of the 6 and 7. or maybe they're just not old enough to warrant it?.. maybe they're saving those for later, when the iron man figures start dying off after infinity wars are over?.. the 6 and 7 are still two extremely popular armors, diecast versions would definitely appeal to people who don't already own them, or people like me who own the original VII but REALLY want an ultimate version of it. something with all of the features we've grown accustomed to and a beautiful paint job like we've seen with the mark IX, XLIII, XLV, shotgun, etc.

I just don't get this release at all. Despite the color or accessories it just doesn't look nearly as good as the current armors. I'm not talking about design or plastic vs diecast.

I thought the reason for redoing the originals was to improve the proportions and whatever else they could. This just looks like a toy from another era. Even the recent Neca IM looks way better than this.

Maybe the point wasn't to make such an exclusive release a super amazing one. Imagine the amount of people who would be pissed if HT released a diecast Mk4 with the same/better accessories as the original release plus upgraded materials, paint, engineering, etc, AND in super limited numbers.

I look at it more like a "let's bring out something nostalgic, an armor or 2 that people will love with minor tweeks, but a little bare bones and not something that will piss off the masses."

I've said it before, but I truly believe diecast is inevitable at least for the Mk4, 6, and 7. I can't see them simply revisiting the WM Mk1 and leaving it at that. They know 2.0 armors will sell, period. Just a matter of when. Unless HT is dumb and doesn't like money. Then everyone is SOL, including themselves :lol

The neca doesn't look nearly as good. And it's a 1/4 scale so it's easier to get correct.

The mk4 and 6 look as good as the 43 on a shelf.

As for not getting it..this isn't w redone armor. It's rerelease. It's an incentive for those that go to the store opening. And if it gets a wide release its for those that didn't have the chance to get the first one. The original mk4 is still popular and still sells. Why would hot toys (or any company) not look at the last year of second hand sales and see the mk4 sell hundreds of times at 400 plus a pop and not tap into that market...especially when there's little additional cost. If you don't get it you don't get business and you don't get collecting. I'm not saying you have to buy it...but there are lots of folks that will(or have).

And a figure doesn't have to be the best figure ever for people to want it. Hasbro re releases 1980s transformers, Mattel reissues 1980s he-man (and other company's make even less sophisticated 3 3/4 version).

If you don't want it don't buy it. But don't act like this is some travesty or bad business. It's typical business and a requested item.

Can you imagine the fan whining if they had done this as a diecast update that was the best iron man figure ever and you could only get it at the store opening? People would flip. But if they do it with a reissue with slight tweaks they are greedy SOBs who are ripping people off. They can't win no matter what.

Only way i will buy both is if ever this will be offered via Sideshow, too many PO's already to buy these via secondary market =(

Back