1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine too. Asking because I only have one other figure (AoU WM last year) and I don't remember, but does it start shipping once we get charged? Just trying to have a time frame in mind lol.

All but one of my figures (the outlier being Shotgun, incidentally my most recent figure) from Sideshow have shipped the day they are charged. The shipment status on my Sideshow account usually updates to "shipped" around 7 or 8 PM EST.

Same! The time is nigh! :hi5:

:hi5: Finally! The wait for this has been unbearable.

Just paid off the rest of the flex payments, hopefully I'll get in on the ground floor if shipments are scattered again... Worked for BV Cap.

iron man.jpg

^ That looks great. Funny coincidence, I've done a similar thing tonight. Shifted my MkIIIdc over to the coffee table with my quarter scale 43. The main difference is my III is still in the empty HOA suit pose I've always had, and I'll probably always keep it that way. It's a nice way to compare my two most contrasting Iron Man, neither of which fit in with my sixth scale AoU display.

What camera and lens are you using for this shot. Looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a canon 5d mk4 and a 16-35L lens. But I have a couple other bodies and lenses that are not as expensive that take as good photos. Like the t5i. It's photos are nearly as good. Once you get over 10mp it's more about the lens and lighting then the camera body.

I have a canon 5d mk4 and a 16-35L lens. But I have a couple other bodies and lenses that are not as expensive that take as good photos. Like the t5i. It's photos are nearly as good. Once you get over 10mp it's more about the lens and lighting then the camera body.

I need to play around with my lenses, i always thought the range from 16-35 were more for street/landscape photography =)

It's usually used for things like that. The very best still or portrait lens, I think, is the 85L. But I don't have that one and I'm not a huge fan of primes. I bought most of my camera gear to do landscape pics. Just found I wasn't very good at it. Lol

I have around ten lenses. The one I use most is a massive beast of a lens. It's the 28-300L. The only down side is its weight. Gotta use a tripod or monopod most the time.

I'd like to get a macro lens. I've been shopping around for one for awhile now.

What type of camera do you use?

Last edited:
It's usually used for things like that. The very best still or portrait lens, I think, is the 85L. But I don't have that one and I'm not a huge fan of primes. I bought most of my camera gear to do landscape pics. Just found I wasn't very good at it. Lol

I have around ten lenses. The one I use most is a massive beast of a lens. It's the 28-300L. The only down side is its weight. Gotta use a tripod or monopod most the time.

I need to get another lens for my camera. I've got a Nikon D3200 and it came with the standard 18-55mm lens. I would like to get a lens that can do a bit better for upclose pics of my Iron Man figs.

I've not used much Nikon gear, but from what I understand the Nikon 85mm top prime is considered by many to be one of the best lenses ever made. It would work for portrait type stuff and product picks. And a macro would always work.

I got a rebel t5i and got this

What Motuxmen said is right. It comes down to lens and lighting. The body doesn't matter as much as getting the right lens and lighting conditions.

I've not used much Nikon gear, but from what I understand the Nikon 85mm top prime is considered by many to be one of the best lenses ever made. It would work for portrait type stuff and product picks. And a macro would always work.

Man those top prime lenses are expensive.

Yeah the t5i will take photos better then my old 1dmk2 full frame. Lenses are the biggest equipment differences, in my experience. But lighting is the biggest overall issue. You can take stunning photos with an iPhone if you get the right angle and light.

(Nice photo Bran, btw)

I've heard that tilt shift lenses make great product lenses as well. I rented one a couple years ago but I was so new to dslr that I had no idea how to use it.

There's a lot of lenses that work. Even the kit 18-55 canon lens (or Nikon equal) will take good portrait/product type pics

What type of camera do you use?

I use a Sony A7R2. I've got a 35mm and 50mm lens I use for traveling. For shooting food or hot toys I use a 90mm Macro. I find that the macro really enhances the Hot toys figures and brings out the detail =)
The 90mm and A7r2 both have built in auto stabilization but ya, I agree with you, it's better with a tripod =)

Back