1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread is more active, I'm going to post this here:

Along with all the 1/6 figures and 1/4 statues I buy, I also have been collecting the mini-busts (they're perfect for my office). Anyways, the Mk. 46 just arrived and the color red used is pretty close to the original HT IM Mk. III plastic, non battle damaged figure. It might actually have even somewhat of a pinkish red instead of the purplish red. These mini busts are usually good indicators of what the 1/6 figure will turn out like (minus weathering that's used on the full figure).

I don't have a camera that can really show the difference but I do believe that, in terms of the order of the armors, the "base" red that's been used on the Diecast Mk. III, Mk. 42/43, and Mk. 45 will be gone with the Mk. 46 and beyond. The best way I can describe it is if you look at how the Mk. IX has some orange in the red versus the "mainstream" red, the 46 does this but with pink. Hope that makes sense.

Oh and it looks great. Very comic book like!

I think the mark 45 might use the same red you're speaking about. If in not mistaken the last figure to use that "base" red was the mark 43. All I know is that the red in the 45 is very different from the 43.

I think the mark 45 might use the same red you're speaking about. If in not mistaken the last figure to use that "base" red was the mark 43. All I know is that the red in the 45 is very different from the 43.

Nope, I have 2 Mk. 45's and the base red is the same as Mk. 4, 6, 7 42 & 43. They're definitely using a higher metallic finish but the red is the same.

Ah. Okay. As long as it's shiny!

The Mk. 45 is most definitely a shiny armor even more so than the IM Mk. 42 or original Midas. The Mk. 46 mini bust actually has a bit flatter of paint then the other standard "red" armor paint but it's pinkish hue looks absolutely spectacular! I'm going to try and take a picture to see if my camera can actually pick out the difference in color.

Not sure my camera captures the slight hue differences between these 3 mini busts (which actually represent the full figures well). From left to right, Mk. VII, Mk. XLIII, Mk. XLVI:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 248
Not sure my camera captures the slight hue differences between these 3 mini busts (which actually represent the full figures well). From left to right, Mk. VII, Mk. XLIII, Mk. XLVI:

I never really got into the busts, but these actually look pretty neat. I might have to pick up one or two for my desk at work.

Well the 1/6 currently does not have that pink hue. And I'd be more inclined to go by the actual prototype then the busts. Both the power pose and diecast are not that color red.

The 1/6 46 both have the color of the 45 prototypes. More like th 1/4 43

I never really got into the busts, but these actually look pretty neat. I might have to pick up one or two for my desk at work.

I really like them and they are totally multipurpose. I've been buying them for awhile as you'll see. From left to right: Shotgun, Disco, Tank, AoU WM Mk. II, Mk. VII, IP, Jack, Silver Centurion, WM Mk. III, Mk. XLII, Python, BD Mk. XLII, Mk. XLVI, Shades, Mk. XLIII, IM3 WM Mk. II, Heartbreaker, Hotrod, Blue Steel & translucent Mk. XLII (there's an old school Mk. II bust that came with the original figure hidden behind the rest):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 216
Well the 1/6 currently does not have that pink hue. And I'd be more inclined to go by the actual prototype then the busts. Both the power pose and diecast are not that color red.

The 1/6 46 both have the color of the 45 prototypes. More like th 1/4 43

By the way, just looking at the promo pics, I can see a total difference in the color red. It really seems like the 46 has a brighter, pinkish type of red opposed to the 45. Look, I'm a man and I'm not afraid to admit that colorblindness is abundant in middle aged males. So maybe it's just my perception but once I received the 46 bust, I definitely saw there was a difference in the red.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 327
have you actually seen either or both prototypes?

Not trying to be a jerk, honest question. I've seen them all in person. The 46 has a unique sheen which makes it look lighter in some light. But the base red, which is what was being brought up, doesn't have, imo, a pink tone. It's actually a lot more pure red. I do not expect the final figure to look exactly the same, but i would guess it would be closer to the that then th busts. Noting against the busts.

These are grabs of the base colors of several suits. Including the 46 Proto DC version. The top red is the 46. The mk4, 6 and 1/4 45 Proto are the others.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
See that Hot Toys pic of the 46 looks quite different in colour tones than the movie shots... To be honest I like it more. And maybe it's because I'm a fan of the 43..

Whether the base red is different or not, the 45 & 46 suits definitely appear to at least look like they have different shades of red. Maybe it's finish, maybe it's light in the photography.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

have you actually seen either or both prototypes?

Not trying to be a jerk, honest question. I've seen them all in person. The 46 has a unique sheen which makes it look lighter in some light. But the base red, which is what was being brought up, doesn't have, imo, a pink tone. It's actually a lot more pure red. I do not expect the final figure to look exactly the same, but i would guess it would be closer to the that then th busts. Noting against the busts.

These are grabs of the base colors of several suits. Including the 46 Proto DC version. The top red is the 46. The mk4, 6 and 1/4 45 Proto are the others.

Haven't seen prototypes in years but I still doubt it would make a difference. Every time I go for my eye exam, I always fail to see the number in the red, orange and pink card. I've been forthright in that I admitted that I am pretty sure I'm colorblind.

By the way, just looking at the promo pics, I can see a total difference in the color red. It really seems like the 46 has a brighter, pinkish type of red opposed to the 45. Look, I'm a man and I'm not afraid to admit that colorblindness is abundant in middle aged males. So maybe it's just my perception but once I received the 46 bust, I definitely saw there was a difference in the red.

Damn, I like the hot toys mark 46 better than it actually looked in the movie. Still prefer the 45 but that thing is beautiful.

Back