1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Concept art of this thing is gorgeous, is it just me or was the helmet on the final suit much smaller than on this image?

IMO it's just a shame that there seriously wasn't anything that he did in the Mark 45 that you couldn't picture him doing in the Mark 3. He flew, he shot repulsor beams from his hands, and a unibeam from his chest, that's it... Compare that to the Mark 7 in the battle of NY where his suit showcased a new suit up pod, shoulders missiles, thigh missiles, improved propulsion, and just straight up bad***ness.

I want the 45 to go with my WM that's coming in, but other than them flying together, the suit was pretty forgettable.

I'm very new to this so my views, likes/dislikes, and perceptions on products is still in the developmental stages. I simply like armors that do something "memorable" on screen. Mark 3, taking out the terrorists. Mark 6, showing off his weapons when he took down Loki and the fight with Thor. Already explained Mark 7. I wouldn't even consider buying the HPP BECAUSE their screen time was literally seconds at most, didn't do anything memorable individually, and visually don't compare to his main worn armors imo.

Thats true, but that could be said about most of the suits past the Mark 3, weapon wise the 43 pretty much has the same payload of munitions as the Mark 3 (shoulder anti personnel, wrist rockets etc). The Mark 7 was the big game changer the suits before were all pretty similar with additional tech added (lasers with the Mark 6). Biggest design feature which sets the Marks 3 and 43 apart is the prehensile tech.

Even though the 45 was a letdown on screen imo, I still think it's an awesome looking armor. If anything, it might be a nice placeholder for the 46 if it turns out anything like the art.

Agreed, the Mark 45 does look amazing, just a shame we didn't see it use more than beam weapons, and least it did more than most of the HPP suits combined.

I do see plenty of contradictions though, but I'm okay with whatever people want to complain about. Their opinions, not necessarily mine. The one that does have me shaking my head is in the Vision thread. People begged and begged for him, and when he was finally revealed he was picked apart like a bundle of grapes.

Welcome to the Internet :)

Great recolour, I love seeing edited colour schemes of some of these suits.

Where did you hear this? Or do you just think that's what happened?

Because that actually sounds pretty plausible. I mean, I doubt they spent the whole budget, but they might've let robert leave production early because they didn't really need him.

Now that I think about it, the MK7 never opened it's faceplate either. only the one time that Thor ripped it off.

I was just being funny...sorry!

Where did you hear this? Or do you just think that's what happened?

Because that actually sounds pretty plausible. I mean, I doubt they spent the whole budget, but they might've let robert leave production early because they didn't really need him.

Now that I think about it, the MK7 never opened it's faceplate either. only the one time that Thor ripped it off.

Well given they don't actually shoot these in the order they are in the final edit, leaving early isn't a real reason. The last battle was one of the first things they shot. So, not really the reason.

Hot Toys needs to release the MK45 for PO, ya know so some people don't skip it in favor of this:

Attachments

• CAPTAIN AMERICA_ CIVIL WAR promo art.jpg
    CAPTAIN AMERICA_ CIVIL WAR promo art.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 329
If you won't buy a figure that's not 100% screen accurate you can pack up and quit. Especially with iron man. He is a CG character that is often multi colored in scenes, has no real joints and is impossible. So problem solved. Only way to come close is with a statue, and picking one scene to base your "accuracy" off. As they often change appearance in scenes.

While the design is cool, this is possibly the most underwhelming suit of Iron Man's, even the Mark 5 had better action than this.

If you won't buy a figure that's not 100% screen accurate you can pack up and quit. Especially with iron man. He is a CG character that is often multi colored in scenes, has no real joints and is impossible. So problem solved. Only way to come close is with a statue, and picking one scene to base your "accuracy" off. As they often change appearance in scenes.

Woah there a minute, multi coloured? check. No real joints? check. Impossible? Don't be stupid man! If I was a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist I would absolutely make this happen, no question!

I tend to agree. I could settle for a little less than 100% because I think its unattainable but for the crazy prices we pay we deserve a good level of accuracy. So I could live with it. What I won't stand for though is glaring obvious inaccuracies made because of rushed production(mk43 wrist rocket) or cheap practises(stealth cap).....

You agreed with someone blatantly trolling. :thwak

Concept art of this thing is gorgeous, is it just me or was the helmet on the final suit much smaller than on this image?

I think the helmet is "shorter" on the final version, if that makes sense. There's also quite a few other differences between this image and the final product. Smaller chest RT, gold knuckle guards, coloration on the thighs (the small strip on the fronts are supposed to be silver, not red), missing ports on the lower ab/hip area, smaller vents on the helmet, narrower eyes, and I can't tell for sure, but I don't think the final version has the little holes on the thighs/chest/back. Which would be a shame if true because I really like them. This looks to be an early render, most likely what the SH Figuarts version is based off of.

Not too sure about the Mark 45... Unless you have all the others - why buy?

Why are here? To try and convince people to skip this armor? I have the 43 shipping to me and I will get this also because I actually prefer it over the 43.

While the design is cool, this is possibly the most underwhelming suit of Iron Man's, even the Mark 5 had better action than this.

So outside of Mark 1-7 and 42/43 all the others had very limited screen time. I think the issue is everyone went in assuming it's one thing. Makes you wonder why someone didn't mention ahead of time that maybe people should not get their hopes up...hmm. Oh well.

Back