1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all that design coolness WASTED in the film- I mean wasted...sorry but true. Mk 43 got all more screen time and real battle action

I was disappointed that IM didn't fight Ultimate Ultron at all when they met at the church ... it would've at least given us more of an idea as to how 45 does in combat and how imposing this version of Ultron was ... though I guess he saw that later when he kicked Thor's ass.

I was disappointed that IM didn't fight at all Ultimate Ultron when they met at the church ... it would've at least given us more of an idea as to how 45 does in combat and how imposing this version of Ultron was ... though I guess he saw that later when he kicked Thor's ass.

Yeah, I thought I wanted a fight with ultimate ultron and MK45, but iron man really would have no chance and he's more about blasting than close combat. I was satisfied with the battle that they did have though.

(plus theres always the blu ray cut)

Yes, the Mark 45 was hard to see in some battles as the action moved so fast. I wasn't really wowed by the suit when it appeared and after the movie was finished I was trying to think of what Iron Man did that was cool at the end.

image.jpg

Yes, the Mark 45 was hard to see in some battles as the action moved so fast. I wasn't really wowed by the suit when it appeared and after the movie was finished I was trying to think of what Iron Man did that was cool at the end.

Not just that it was hard to see in the movie. I very much felt what we did see looked totally cgi. Yes, I realize it's all mostly cgi but usually it looks real and solid for the most part. The 45 in this movie just looked totally fake to me, as if it was superimposed on the movie after the fact. I know it is but it isn't supposed to look like it is. That makes sense, right?!?

yes hat does make sense. but I never really notice cgi quality. it looked good to me.

Not just that it was hard to see in the movie. I very much felt what we did see looked totally cgi. Yes, I realize it's all mostly cgi but usually it looks real and solid for the most part. The 45 in this movie just looked totally fake to me, as if it was superimposed on the movie after the fact. I know it is but it isn't supposed to look like it is. That makes sense, right?!?

Wot??

Yes, I think I agree with you. It's like I never believed that Tony was ever in this suit as it didn't look real at all. Where as we saw Tony step out of the 43 and wear different parts of it at times, so it seemed more real.

Wish there was an explanation for the 45 in the film, why it looks so similar to ultron and when was it built. It just shows up, which lessened the impact and didnt have a defining moment, other than maybe the unibeam blast at the core of the city. Awesome design though and thats whats so great about collecting these, even if they dont do anything on film you can still admire the awesome design in your display for years to come.

Yes, I think I agree with you. It's like I never believed that Tony was ever in this suit as it didn't look real at all. Where as we saw Tony step out of the 43 and wear different parts of it at times, so it seemed more real.

I think the fact that the suit never really looked like it can fit a man inside it played a part of it looking so unreal. I still like it though. :D

The suit just looked fake. I know it's fake but they usually succeed in making it look real. Here I don't feel they did. It looked cartoony fake and that's ruined the impact of the suit for me. Not to mention he didn't do anything except fly around really

Last edited:
I thought it was fine. Except for the opening scenes, some of that looked funky

The first really odd piece of CGI that I noticed was during some bits during the opening tracking shot and when that Ultron drone took the scepter. Though I thought all the CG for Ultron Prime and the entire Hulkbuster fight was pretty fantastic.

Back