1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So outside of Mark 1-7 and 42/43 all the others had very limited screen time. I think the issue is everyone went in assuming it's one thing. Makes you wonder why someone didn't mention ahead of time that maybe people should not get their hopes up...hmm. Oh well.

Hulkbuster didn't have limited screen time, and it was arguably in the best sequence of the film. Anyway, the issue isn't just time on screen, it's that the 45 does nothing new and basically has no purpose other than looking cool. Maybe we'll see something new from the 45 in another film, but at this point it's pointless. Every HPP suit, regardless of how little you saw it offered something unique that the prior armors did not.

I don't think every hpp offered new stuff that others did not. They where more specialized, and maybe they had functions that some other suits didn't, but outside of bones and igor (and Mark 42 could do the same as bones essentiallly) you never saw those specialized abilities. They punched and got punched and used repulsors. Which every suit can do. Anything the suits can do you learned from other sources. So I don't see how they are any different then the 45

As for hulkbuster I didn't/don't include it with the other suits. As he is a suit for a suit.

They where more specialized, and maybe they had functions that some other suits didn't.

Ok, so you agree, good.

Hulkbuster is Mk 44, whether you want to include it in your 1-7 42/43 scenario is on you but the point stands - it dominated screen time and offered something no other suits have. The 45 offers nothing new.

I think the helmet is "shorter" on the final version, if that makes sense. There's also quite a few other differences between this image and the final product. Smaller chest RT, gold knuckle guards, coloration on the thighs (the small strip on the fronts are supposed to be silver, not red), missing ports on the lower ab/hip area, smaller vents on the helmet, narrower eyes, and I can't tell for sure, but I don't think the final version has the little holes on the thighs/chest/back. Which would be a shame if true because I really like them. This looks to be an early render, most likely what the SH Figuarts version is based off of.

I think they decided to change a couple colours on the final model, and the gold on the hands was likely removed for posing purposes. But trust me, the holes are there. They're really hard to see in that one still that was released but if you look hard enough you can spot them. I recall seeing them in the actual film as well, especially in the marble statue during the end credits.

I think they decided to change a couple colours on the final model, and the gold on the hands was likely removed for posing purposes. But trust me, the holes are there. They're really hard to see in that one still that was released but if you look hard enough you can spot them. I recall seeing them in the actual film as well, especially in the marble statue during the end credits.

Good, cause those vent holes look awesome lol.

Eye-candy? Maybe, but I hope not. I hope they left its capabilities on the cutting room floor.

Hopefully a little of both. Actually if it was the case that Stark built it just for style, that'd make me want it even more. Cause that would mean he put a lot of time into making the suit look as badass as possible. It's safe to assume it does everything we come to know and love about Iron Man so far, so why not have something that can do all that AND look gorgeous at the same time lol.

Hopefully a little of both. Actually if it was the case that Stark built it just for style, that'd make me want it even more. Cause that would mean he put a lot of time into making the suit look as badass as possible. It's safe to assume it does everything we come to know and love about Iron Man so far, so why not have something that can do all that AND look gorgeous at the same time lol.
I like the way you think. I just am always hoping that each new suit brings some new cool capability with it.

Doesn't matter, this is the ultimate iron man suit ever besides heartbreaker. I have confidence we will see more of it in Civil War unless he throws 46 afterwards.

I hope they reflect the metallic paintjob seen in the movie and hopefully it's die cast. I don't care if it's bare bones, besides Batman Returns batman this is the only Hot Toys figure I would want this year.

I actually hope it's plastic if they can recreate that shiny metallic paint on it. Flying poses would look amazing with this suit.

I want to be able to create a "Marvel moment" between the 45 and Ultron. I'll be so happy if I can do that.

I want to be able to create a "Marvel moment" between the 45 and Ultron. I'll be so happy if I can do that.
What is a "Marvel moment?" If that's just a general reference to any scene involving the two of them, I do agree. There should be tons of ways to display these two together!

Like this. Fists back, ready to throw a punch. Something that could only exist in a comic book, because no one actually fights like that irl. I remember watching the commentary for the first Iron Man, they put in a Marvel moment in the final battle as a nod towards the comics.

Attachments

• Iron Man vs_ Magneto.jpg
    Iron Man vs_ Magneto.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 323
Is it bad that I want this more then 43(too much gold) but I'll buy the 43 if the 45 base doesn't have an Avengers logo to match the other releases for the film?

Mark 45 is not getting enough moment, seems wasted for me. I about skip mark 43 and get mark 45 but looks like I just skip both of them :(

Is it bad that I want this more then 43(too much gold) but I'll buy the 43 if the 45 base doesn't have an Avengers logo to match the other releases for the film?

Nope, buy what you like dude it's your money. You don't need to justify it to anyone. :duff

Back