1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Yellowjacket Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't usually time the releases with anything. It's usually done whenever they are ready without any wait. But you never know.

Anyway..

This is one of my most anticipated figures. I'm usually not a big villains fan. They usually stay boxed up or in limited rotation. The last year or so they have put up some really cool designs though. Ultron and YJ and thanos are al great designs. The suit and costume (and digital) designers killed it

At this point, I'm thinking about just settling for the mini figures as the key power of he and Ant-Man is shrinking. HT desperately needs to realize timing is key to more sales. The longer they wait, the lower future sales they'll likely get. Hype gets pre-orders. Which is likely why they are on the Star Wars train right now.

I concur with this.

I think there's many people out there who would be apt to pre-order a figure on impulse immediately after having seen a particular film, while it's still fresh in mind and they're excited about it.

I'd love to get the Ant-Man mini but the bullet flying through the air WITH the casing is too hard to overlook; it certainly wasn't thought out very well.

People might pre order on impulse, but they can also just cancel the order anyway, even if they lose their NRD.

HT haven't put up the AoU Sentry, Drax or this one and maybe it's because they don't have room in their timetable to produce it within the next 9 - 12 months. So instead they will wait till next year where they're able to find the factory time to produce them.

It does seem odd, particularly with the AoU Sentry, that the pre orders haven't appeared yet.

I'm definitely only buying the minifigures right now. I already got the black out version. A 12" Ant-Man is cool but it's not really necessary right now. I'll probably buy him and the wasp a few years down the road. I think yellowjacket will still be around to purchase as well.

I'd still get a YJ - he wasn't a great villain but the design of his suit still kicks major ass - but what's compelling HT to put him up for PO? They done waited too long.

Cool figure but not on my want list; I can't bring myself to spend money on a character that didn't make it past the first appearance.

I still want this. It looks great. I don't have a specific number of movies that it needs to be in. Characters like Hawkeye are boring to me and I will never get them, no matter how many movies they are in.

At this point, I'm thinking about just settling for the mini figures as the key power of he and Ant-Man is shrinking. HT desperately needs to realize timing is key to more sales. The longer they wait, the lower future sales they'll likely get. Hype gets pre-orders. Which is likely why they are on the Star Wars train right now.

Unfortunately it takes too long for the figures to arrive, and they have a lot of licenses pending. They just can't keep up and I bet it'll get worse when the DC movies arrive

I think it's a great looking figure but my interest in it has waned significantly due to it's lack of or any kind of announcement regarding release. It's one thing when they took a long time to release Batman Returns, as in that sort of world, there wasn't a lot going on. But with all things Marvel, a lot of people will just focus their wallets on CW figures and won't care much about a villain from X amount of movies ago. Mandarin is a perfect example.

Mandarin also doesn't look interesting to me. He was also just an actor playing a part of a bad guy. Why would they make Mandarin over Killian??

Cause Mandarin look like an actor playing a bad guy, Killian looked like a bad guy playing an actor. Killian is a guy in a suit unless they give him a glowing body. Mandarin at least had an ominous look. Just my opinion though.
Mandarin also doesn't look interesting to me. He was also just an actor playing a part of a bad guy. Why would they make Mandarin over Killian??

I start to get concerned when protos are shown then there's no po- like Drax, Ripley, young prof x.

23793480056_b91319cd78_b.jpg

23711172382_7164d2ae8c_b.jpg

Figure still looks great, but the interest is dying down since it doesn't even have a PO yet, and we have no idea if it ever will have one.

I'm at the phase now where I couldn't care less if this never came out...

...but if a PO is ever announced, first in line to PO:lol

Back