1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Yellowjacket Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a very memorable villain but I like the suit so I'm definitely buying when HT gets around to it.

I was thinking of using it for a custom myself. Well a second one anyway.

I really don't get what the hold-up with preorder for this one is. There is no helmet less sculpt,
just the suit design from the movie, so no likeness issue either.

Wish there was some kind of social media news from Hot Toys in general to address
releases / cancellations / preorder dates, etc.

It would eliminate the whole guessing game we all go through right now.

The problem is as soon as the first info changes it just creates more issues for hot toys. There's nothing they could say that would be helpful to them.

As for the hold up, I did my best to explain that from what I know. A head sculpt is a small part of the process. The company has to look at hundreds of issues that the vast majority of even the most ardent collectors don't know or care about. On top of that, hot toys does not have control over the process alone. Marvel gets a say in in many many aspects of the process. Every single part of the product has to be sent to marvel fro approval. From the box art to the figure to the promo pics. That's every single figure they do.

Just imagine if your job was to make a stick figure drawing. Takes 10 seconds of work. But the process is this...you have to get your bosses approval for the pencil you use. The paper. He has to get his boss to sign off. Then after each arm and leg you have to get another person to approve it. Each time. Same for the head. And eyes. but the people doing the approvals also have to approve thousands of others. And one of your coworkers is making the packaging to sell the finished drawing. He has the same process. All the while you also have to make hundreds of other prototype stick figures. If I came to you to ask when it was going to be done, could you give a firm date?

And then after all those approvals...you still have to do the final product in ink. Then it needs to be colored. Then sent back to all those people for approval. Who also do the approval for hundreds of other products from other people and maybe even company's. Then once it's all approved...you have to give the final design to a factory so they can do it all thousands of times...by hand. Then that gets approved.

This is an over simplified version of the real process. Except it's not stick figures but arguably the best likeness sculpts of actors on the market. And the real process has dozens of other steps and issues. But it gives you an idea why things are like they are. If you don't have control over the entire process how could you give a firm date, and what good would it do to continually update fans with guesses that often end up wrong? You've been on this site...how do you think it would be taken if every time an update is given its later changed? What good does that do the company? That would need to hire someone to do that and pay them.

I can see your points to that, absolutely. I'm sure Hot Toys will keep things as they are… it works for them.

To counter that, with this particular figure there seems to be a lot less to approve. Bundled with the fact that
there have been many figures with a lot more detail and actor likeness and such that have been revealed, PO'd
and released in a matter of a couple months, and I don't get the hold up on this guy. He looks about
as perfect as you can get to the on-screen suit.

It's not just the approvals. That's just why giving updates is pointless. And as I was trying to show...for all we know it's still waiting on the guys from marvel to approve the box art, or the suit, or whatever. (Not the issues as I have heard, but just an exapmle)

There's a lot more issues with this then most human figures. Those ones that came out in months where repaints of old heads or just a head and weapon. This still has an entirely new head, though it's not a human face it still requires the same work load. It has a unique one off suit. And the kicker is the stingers/back pack.

And how to get it both engineered for mass production and assembly...and packaged. Then to the customer with a standard failure rate not a high one. It's a pretty tricky design. One that is prone to breaking. If the failure rate is (which results in returns, refunds and replacements) say 25% then the figure is a loss.

This figure is way more complex for production and engineering then Cap and Thor and Visin and SW and QS and thanos and hulk and a majority of figures. Up with ultron and iron man. And they have had 10 years to work out the engineering basics with iron man and still the mk45 will have taken close to 2 years by the time it arrives.

If you go back a page or two I have an update on what I heard was the issue with this. And remember, there's only so much time to go around. They can't work on everything all at once. If a figure falls out if it's production window them it's usually placed in a Que for work at a later time or in free time. Or they risk missing production Windows on every figure after it. Better to have one or two outliers then screw up 20 figures.

And I'm not trying to pick a fight or be confrontational. Just informative. Share what I know is all. Just to be clear. Lol

forum.php

forum.php

Yellow Jacket looking sweet there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

what is your source of information????????
It's not just the approvals. That's just why giving updates is pointless. And as I was trying to show...for all we know it's still waiting on the guys from marvel to approve the box art, or the suit, or whatever. (Not the issues as I have heard, but just an exapmle)

There's a lot more issues with this then most human figures. Those ones that came out in months where repaints of old heads or just a head and weapon. This still has an entirely new head, though it's not a human face it still requires the same work load. It has a unique one off suit. And the kicker is the stingers/back pack.

And how to get it both engineered for mass production and assembly...and packaged. Then to the customer with a standard failure rate not a high one. It's a pretty tricky design. One that is prone to breaking. If the failure rate is (which results in returns, refunds and replacements) say 25% then the figure is a loss.

This figure is way more complex for production and engineering then Cap and Thor and Visin and SW and QS and thanos and hulk and a majority of figures. Up with ultron and iron man. And they have had 10 years to work out the engineering basics with iron man and still the mk45 will have taken close to 2 years by the time it arrives.

If you go back a page or two I have an update on what I heard was the issue with this. And remember, there's only so much time to go around. They can't work on everything all at once. If a figure falls out if it's production window them it's usually placed in a Que for work at a later time or in free time. Or they risk missing production Windows on every figure after it. Better to have one or two outliers then screw up 20 figures.

Nothing new, news wise...just a shot of the back of the suit. I don't think most people have seen it. It looks cool and is pretty complicated.

image.jpeg

Back