1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Yellowjacket Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, and that sold well. :rolleyes2 With so much competition in the pipeline with more Marvel, DC, and SW movies coming out, I feel like the masses won't give this release a lot of love and attention. Infinity Wars alone would potentially be 10+ new figures.

I sense the sarcasm. :wink1: But it did sell well, it took a while but is now on WL on SS. There are several HT figures older than Whiplash that are considered "popular" and are still up for order. That and villains. I needs 'em. We all needs 'em. I think allot of collectors would go in on Yellowjacket.

They need to price them correctly too. Thanos, Mandarin and Whiplash MkII, Chitauri two-pack were a bit overpriced for what you get. Thus why a lot of people held off for discounts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I sense the sarcasm. :wink1: But it did sell well, it took a while but is now on WL on SS. There are several HT figures older than Whiplash that are considered "popular" and are still up for order. That and villains. I needs 'em. We all needs 'em. I think allot of collectors would go in on Yellowjacket.
I think some people for sure will buy him up, but keep in mind that Whiplash only went to wait list just recently when he was heavily discounted during Spooktacular. I feel like if or when YJ is released, he would follow suit.

Must be a scheduling problem with HT. I mean, they're so busy with Star Wars and new Marvel movies. I think they want to do this, they just don't have the available factory space, to get it produced. I don't know. I'm speculating

Not a bad guess. Good as anything else out there.

My two cents-you are partially correct I think. It's more that they had (my speculation based on what I've heard) it slotted earlier and then had some engineering issues which delayed the approval process which meant it slipped out of the production schedule and won't/didn't get reslotted until they had a reason (some type of competition or interest (like a competitor making a figure lol) or steady news about the sequel to get people interested) like medi attention or they had all the kinks worked out and a free slot to plug it in. What I heard is that the backpack combined with the suit (keep in mind it's a 100% cg character) materials is what caused the issues. I've also heard they got it mostly figured out for what it's worth. The figure isn't shelved by any means. It was in the updated catalog they released 4 months ago, and at most the summer shows. Sometimes a figure takes extra time.

Also, the KA figure looks cool.

Both valid guesses.

I think the first one is the more simplistic and practical one though. I don't imagine a Marvel "B" level villain would take precedence over Marvel "A" level main characters (CW) and pretty much anything Star Wars; especially with TFA figures still being made and Rogue One coming out, so they're going to try and push a lot of the Rogue One stuff out asap.

Makes sense why production of a lot of the Suicide Squad stuff and BttF II Marty and Doc is going to take a full year.

I think the moment has passed on this one for me too. Still looks cool but not as excited as I would have been.

I wanted this guy too when he was first shown, now I'm sure I won't get him, but it would be nice to see it announced for everyone that wants one :)

I think the moment has passed on this one for me too. Still looks cool but not as excited as I would have been.

:exactly: Yeah thats kinda how I feel about the figure now too.

This is where I think HT missed the mark for this figure, whatever their reasoning was.

Being that he's a minor villain, I think sales would have been maximized for it had they released it for PO at the same time as Ant-Man, during the time the film was out so they could have capitalized on the excitement of it. A figure for a character such as his I think would have been more of an impulse buy, but later on down the road, interest in him will have likely waned for a lot of people.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who are still interested in him and because of that, I hope he gets made. It's always cool to see a figure that seemed to get relegated to the Quantum Realm get brought back, but I don't think sales for it will be as high as they could have been had they released him for PO with Ant-Man while the film was out.

I'm fairly stingy on what villains I get outside of the Avengers' majors but YJ is just too well designed for me. If anything the wait is making me want him more and more.

Both valid guesses.

I think the first one is the more simplistic and practical one though. I don't imagine a Marvel "B" level villain would take precedence over Marvel "A" level main characters (CW) and pretty much anything Star Wars; especially with TFA figures still being made and Rogue One coming out, so they're going to try and push a lot of the Rogue One stuff out asap.

Makes sense why production of a lot of the Suicide Squad stuff and BttF II Marty and Doc is going to take a full year.

The only thing is that they very often do non marvel/Star Wars figures. From ada Wong and Leon Kennedy to Tim burton and Stan lee and dozens of others. It's just not a simple as there are other Disney characters. Once it misses deadline or schedule then it comes down to what do you bump to reslot the figure in(unless something else misses schedule). If it was just the less populate stuff that took long then each new Diecast Mk iron man wouldn't take 12-18 months. Each figure and each film has its own issues. The suicide squad stuff is more about all new tooling and design and production then it is about it being less popular. Same reason those new iron man figures take so long.

I don't like having a lone Ant-Man figure. I've almost sold it to buy the CW one but I'm still hoping this fig gets released. Not a real memorable character but the figure looked great.

The water is well under the bridge for this one...almost how I feel about the HB, but I'm hanging in for that one.

Back