1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this would have made the Rhino so much more dynamic as a character and as a basis for a movie related toy!

I still don't understand why they couldn't have just gone with Ultimate Rhino.

35k1zsm.jpg

1124479-rhino__28ultimate_29_001.jpg

This series is "based" off the Ultimate universe. At least show that it is besides that near perfect suit in this film and blue Electro. *sigh* I really wanted to like this movie but ended up thinking that this was the most disappointing superhero film for me since Wolverine Origins.

Yeah I got that. I can confirm they would not do the rhino in 1/12. Due to licenses restrictions they couldn't make a figure in that scale. Not a movie accurate one. Their licenses for figures only covers 1:4 and 1:6 scale figures. Just in case anyone wanted to know

Yeah I got that. I can confirm they would not do the rhino in 1/12. Due to licenses restrictions they couldn't make a figure in that scale. Not a movie accurate one. Their licenses for figures only covers 1:4 and 1:6 scale figures. Just in case anyone wanted to know

they could just you know... go get a 1/12 scale license...

Actually they couldn't. It's already held. (It's not called 1/12 but that size range is held)

As long as hear nothing official, I would like to think that they are doing it. I realy fell in love with this modern "realistic" design.

As long as hear nothing official, I would like to think that they are doing it. I realy fell in love with this modern "realistic" design.

Im not sure whats realistic about a giant mechanical rhino with guns on it. That ultimate rhino design would have worked much better or at least something in that vein. As for this getting made, I think its safe to assume this isnt coming out, way too expensive, very few would buy it and the character and film were not well received.

Im not sure whats realistic about a giant mechanical rhino with guns on it. That ultimate rhino design would have worked much better or at least something in that vein. As for this getting made, I think its safe to assume this isnt coming out, way too expensive, very few would buy it and the character and film were not well received.

Bingo. All of this.

Holy smokes, I'd estimate twice as big (waist up). Rhino looks huge. Thing I dislike about the design, too, is that it's too large to support itself. I'd much rather have a 1:6 statue than a figure that needs a 2" thick Plexiglas support stand between its legs. Just looks crap, IMO. Overall, even if the movie was horrible, I'd have seriously considered an Ultimate version of Rhino, b/c it's true to the comics and also looks like something feasible (also, it works as an action figure). This design, on the other hand, is terrible.

With recent news, I feel like this will be even less likely to happen.

Future potential reboots mean little to current negotiated and paid for rights. It's like saying because superman v batman is coming they shouldn't/didn't/won't do Nolan..or returns or burton 1, or west batman.

There's zero way to know, if you are hot toys, if you would get the licenses, if it would be any better or sell better, or a ton of other factors.

Outside of an xmen first class proto how many prototypes have been shown where the figure was then cancelled (hot toys)? Can't count the returns batman, or any figure they talked about but never actually got prototypes and pro photo/ads done. I'm betting it's a very very very low number. It's just to expensive to build these out if they have no intention of making them.

Could it be cancelled? Sure. Of course. But that would be because orders (preorders thru distribution companies like sideshow) indicate they would be wasting money making it. But not because there may be a reboot.

Until hot toys confirms or announces a figure is cancelled I see no reason to think any are. They don't have a long history of announcing figures then just not making them. If a figure gets to a point where the public knows about it, they plan to make it. Let alone if it gets a prototype, and taken to a con, and a photographer paid to do images, and marketing to write it up and get the info to the public. (And a dozen steps before all that stuff, all of which costs money)

In all honesty, I'll be happy if this does i deed come out, and plan to get him as well. Even though ASM2 may not have been well received (or the suit) I quite liked the design although I have read the comics (mainstream and Ultimate) and preferred those. With the plans of a Sinister Six movie on the way as well, in the hope Hot Toys buys the licence for the figures, it'll be awesome to display all six together. With the confirmation of Rhino being in ASM3, there's hope he may have a bigger role, making him a more appealing figure to some. Ever since the proto pics were released, I've been waiting for this to come out, I'm just hoping it comes soon. :)

The only figures they have actually shown (photographed/displayed) and then canceled are Loki from Thor 1 and The Lone Ranger ...I forget which movie he's from. I also want to say Prometheus, probably.

Theres also examples of them starting projects that never got off the ground like, that 1/4 Terminator and 1/4 Predator which just evaporated, the Bruce Lee figure they were gonna do but then they lost the license, The Green Lantern when the movie bombed they just made up some lame excuse about lights being too complicated :rotfl The Watchmen which they had a complete Rorschach proto but never announced it. And Cannibal Jack from Pirates, they started making a chair and then I guess they got distracted by a ball of yarn or something.

Back