1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I just don't see this one happening. HT could surprise us but I think the movie would've had to have done Avengers well to justify making Rhino.

It has to be alive first, before it can be declared dead. :lol

It's very big and would likely be very expensive to produce. I doubt HT would sell enough units to make it worthwhile.

That fact that it's alive is not up for discussion. They made the monster, wether they put it into production...

Maybe it's too expensive. Maybe the film flopped, maybe the fan reaction was too negative ...

I was really rooting for a Lone Ranger, but I think that died with the film. Sadly. Did Rhino suffer the same destiny?

Yikes, no chance. Iron Whiplash is $400.00 and he's maybe half the size of Rhino (I feel I'm being generous, here, though it's hard to gauge)? I'd peg Rhino at an easy $700.00 and maybe more if the run was small.

I personally think this figure is very cool, but having seen other production designs for the Rhino (for feature film), they really choose the worst of the group.. the smaller more Exo-suit design which I think would have showcased the man in the suit, and would have given us a more dynamic character and memorable performance..not a cold war Russian tank..it just seems so old fashioned with all the other more advanced Oscorp tech... Paul G. was also completely wasted... there was no need to use a A-list character actor for this role.. That being said... this does make a cool looking toy though...:)

I still don't understand why they couldn't have just gone with Ultimate Rhino.

35k1zsm.jpg

1124479-rhino__28ultimate_29_001.jpg

This series is "based" off the Ultimate universe. At least show that it is besides that near perfect suit in this film and blue Electro. *sigh* I really wanted to like this movie but ended up thinking that this was the most disappointing superhero film for me since Wolverine Origins.

I hated Spider-Man 2 but I would Buy this in a Heartbeat!
This is a Giant Tank and it would look Really Amazing having this displayed next to other Marvel Hot Toys piece's.
Hopefully they can try putting this up for Pre-Order and seeing what the numbers are before deciding if this should be scrapped or not?

That fact that it's alive is not up for discussion. They made the monster, wether they put it into production...

Maybe it's too expensive. Maybe the film flopped, maybe the fan reaction was too negative ...

I was really rooting for a Lone Ranger, but I think that died with the film. Sadly. Did Rhino suffer the same destiny?

No they basically printed a prototype... they did the same with a 1/6 "bat" from the Dark Knight Rises

It looks great, and would have incredible showcase presence, but I wouldn't get it. I have no connection to this version of the character, who was only on screen for 5 mins or less. It doesn't mean anything to me. And if I'm going to shell out what would probably be $700+ for this, I want it to at least have some meaning to me and not just a cool thing to have.

Back