1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot see this being dug out of the work in progress box. Sorry for those excited for it. A character that was in the movie for roughly 5 minutes + the cost of the actual piece does not equal a decent payout for them. I can only imagine how much money it would be to make one, let alone the cost to us. There is no way they would sell enough to make a decent profit. Sorry, Debbie Downer here. I just can't imagine this would come to be.

Screen time has never been something Hot Toys gave 2 poops about, just think of the IM variants that never graced the big screen or the HPP suits that were on screen for a minute or less each. Yet, they still made them. Granted, those are under their hottest license but all hope isn't lost imo. They went back to Iron Man 2 and did an armored Whiplash Mk 2 that nobody saw coming, and that's more intricate than this imo.

Screen time has never been something Hot Toys gave 2 poops about, just think of the IM variants that never graced the big screen or the HPP suits that were on screen for a minute or less each. Yet, they still made them. Granted, those are under their hottest license but all hope isn't lost imo. They went back to Iron Man 2 and did an armored Whiplash Mk 2 that nobody saw coming, and that's more intricate than this imo.

Very true, but I think you cleared up what I was trying to get across with your saying "hottest license" I think if ASM2 was really hot and part of an ongoing series, then yeah, much better chance. Where it is now, personally, I just can't see this being made with the price tag that would come along. I mean, especially without a Harry goblin.

Yeah I expect the announcement that Spiderman was being rebooted again really would have put Hot Toys off actually going forward with this. I'll be amazed if it happens.

I doubt we hear anything about this again, total silence being their preferred method of indicating that something was cancelled.

Last edited:
Very true, but I think you cleared up what I was trying to get across with your saying "hottest license" I think if ASM2 was really hot and part of an ongoing series, then yeah, much better chance. Where it is now, personally, I just can't see this being made with the price tag that would come along. I mean, especially without a Harry goblin.

Yeah I expect the announcement that Spiderman was being rebooted again really would have put Hot Toys off actually going forward with this. I'll be amazed if it happens.

I doubt we hear anything about this again, total silence being their preferred method of indicating that something was cancelled.

Both good points. My feeling is that since this is a giant looking robot, that is a plus. Howard loves him some robots, and so does the East. As for what's profitable, I don't think Howard cares at all. I can't imagine Hot Toys raked it in on figures like Sweeney Todd, Tonto, etc. I think it all rides on what Howard likes and wants as a doll on his shelf. :lol

This thing needs to go away and be forgotten, just like the movie it was in. And I loved The Amazing Spider-Man btw.

ahhhh! :cuss You can't rep someone for wanting this thing to die and then bump the thread :thwak
345.png

:lol
jk

The cancellation of this figure makes sense though. The franchise is dead and it had outrageously limited screen time in ASM2. It would have been $800 very few people would have spent.

The cancellation of this figure makes sense though. The franchise is dead and it had outrageously limited screen time in ASM2. It would have been $800 very few people would have spent.

Dont disagree with that but probably would have picked it up just because Spider-Man is my favorite character and I could always use some villains besides the Sandman base (not Electro or new Goblin though).

Dont disagree with that but probably would have picked it up just because Spider-Man is my favorite character and I could always use some villains besides the Sandman base (not Electro or new Goblin though).

For me the best thing about Disney getting their hands on Spidey is that HT will make every single character featured in his new series.

Really hoping they land McConaughey as Norman Osborn.

Would have been a different take on this villain. I would have actually ordered this. I would have been in the minority though. Makes sense to cancel plans for this.

No surprise for me it was cancelled. Surprised Electro not cancelled either. Will maybe get him if heavily discounted. But doubt it.

For me the best thing about Disney getting their hands on Spidey is that HT will make every single character featured in his new series.

Really hoping they land McConaughey as Norman Osborn.

Just becuase Disney will have Spiderman in its flicks changes nothing. For a stand alone spiderman movie they still have to deal with Sony. Sony gets a large cut of any merch with spiderman (movie version) on it. And hot toys has licenses to a dozen marvel/Disney movies now that don't get deep character figures. To expect anything different is to court disappointment. If it happens it happens. Great. Look at Thor, Cap, Avengers, and lots more. They don't make everything from those.

And the financial outlay for any future spiderman licenses and the approval process will not be any different then it was for spiderman 1-3 or asm1-2.

Back