1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie probably wasn't popular enough to warrant mass producing this guy. Trying to be realistic here, since the Batman 66 figures have come out and the Batmobile still hasn't been announced for preorder yet.

I can see them producing this guy if the Sinister Six movie does well.

I agree, the movie was a huge let down, but even more of a let down was Paul Giamatti's portrayal of rhino. It was batman and Robin campy bad, I think if Rhino actually makes it to the sinister 6 movie or AS3 the portrayal will be adjusted to fit the tone of the universe. It wouldn't surprise me if the don't reshuffle the line up of the 6 after how bad Rhino was.

I think HT's still trying to discern if it's wise to mass-produce a figure that would surely have a high SRP, while based on a character whose movie design wasn't unanimously liked. Rhino is no Whiplash 2.0 who may have been in the movie for a much shorter time but is from a more lucrative franchise and carries a design that is highly regarded.

I think HT's still trying to discern if it's wise to mass-produce a figure that would surely have a high SRP, while based on a character whose movie design wasn't unanimously liked. Rhino is no Whiplash 2.0 who may have been in the movie for a much shorter time but is from a more lucrative franchise and carries a design that is highly regarded.
Yeah on the one hand I think if they made this it'd have a sort of "wow factor" to it that might draw some people in, but the hefty price tag it would surely carry might make it impractical to produce and distribute. I think if the character is prominently featured in the Sinister Six film (assuming it still gets made) or a future Spidey film maybe it has a better chance of being made.

I think it will be like igor, iron monger and hulk buster prices. It will look amazing.
Heck I'd buy a goblin from ASM2 as I really like the character designs and the future films will carry them through.
Would finally give us an amazing spiderman collection.
I will buy.

I think it will be like igor, iron monger and hulk buster prices. It will look amazing.
Heck I'd buy a goblin from ASM2 as I really like the character designs and the future films will carry them through.
Would finally give us an amazing spiderman collection.
I will buy.

Only problem is, the demand for Rhino is likely scant compared to Monger, HB and Igor even.

Just watched tasm2 last nite, wtf kind of an ending was that! I asked my wife, hey this seems like its almost over wasn't the rhino suppose to in here. Geez, lol

I saw it at San Diego Comic Con. He's very close to being 2 feet tall. Way bigger than Monger and Igor. Just go back to the first page and look at Spider-Man. He's literally only up to Rhino's waist.

If it's 2 feet tall, it would be really, really, REALLY expensive. I don't know how that helps the figure as it pertains to production. Maybe it really is just a showpiece, like the 1/6 Bat - this is what HT CAN do, but won't.

LOL, I am shocked this got made, never knew about it. If it is two feet tall this will be $1000.

:rotfl

Just watched tasm2 last nite, wtf kind of an ending was that! I asked my wife, hey this seems like its almost over wasn't the rhino suppose to in here. Geez, lol

It's almost as if they were trying to set the wheels in motion for the next movie! :lol

It was clearly done to show that Rhino had become a super villain from a criminal and that Peter is able to get in with life enough to continue to be Spider-Man for the greater good.

Excellent ending

It was clearly done to show that Rhino had become a super villain from a criminal and that Peter is able to get in with life enough to continue to be Spider-Man for the greater good.

Excellent ending

It was clearly done to show that they shoehorned rhino in there so they could make toys and put him in the trailer to sell tickets (why the hell is he on the bluray cover lol?) It was super cheesy and lame.
Terrible ending to a terribly disappointing film. My two cents anyway:dunno

Back