1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I could justify myself buying this, but I will admit that it looks pretty damn cool. Like others I just think it's more cool that Hot Toys is making it at all. The design of the character itself leaves a lot to be desired (although a guy in an actual Rhino suit would have looked cheesy too :lol).

I wonder if he can do the running/ramming pose like he did in the movie

Hope so.

I know I am gonna sound goofy with this, but as far as the movie goes, I still cant watch the first one, much less get to this one. Andrew Garfield has more product in his hair than Peter Parker bought in my entire childhood of reading Spider-Man.

Pretty silly reason not to watch a movie

forgettable character from a forgettable film.

yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

Heard the movie stunk... I dont think the $600 pricetag is gonna fly well with this character with limited screen time

Well Iron Man 3 stunk and it had plenty of armours that appeared for about as long that got figures.

Last edited:
But that's iron man and not rhino which does not even look like a classic comic rhino, also popularity there is a non-contest.

:lol :exactly:

It's amusing reading people trying to justify this ugly junkling by comparing it to Iron Man 3 armors. Pretty much every IM 3 armor looks awesome on its own with exception of Red Snapper, and even that is at least balanced compared to this top heavy thing.

Last edited:
A definite buy for me no matter the price. I'm very glad we are starting to see villains for Hot Toys in the spiderman and avengers universes. Hopefully we'll see electro and goblin. :yess:

Well lookey, they found a way to put an Iron Man in Spiderman.

This would have been an awesome Iron Man foe.

Jokes aside, this thing looks absolutely awesome. Too bad its gonna be $600 because I would LOVE to have this piece in my collection... no matter how bad the movie is.

This thing totally makes me want to see a movie about clunky robots fighting.

Pretty silly reason not to watch a movie

Not at all. Thats just the most obvious symptom of a terrible casting choice. When I tried to watch Spider-man I saw a hip, snarky, pretty boy, ********* plugged into a role that had nothing to do with the character I grew up reading.

Suspension of disbelief is essential to movie watching. I never was able to believe Andrew Garfield was an awkward outcast.

Not at all. Thats just the most obvious symptom of a terrible casting choice. When I tried to watch Spider-man I saw a hip, snarky, pretty boy, ********* plugged into a role that had nothing to do with the character I grew up reading.

Suspension of disbelief is essential to movie watching. I never was able to believe Andrew Garfield was an awkward outcast.

This is another can of worms. But i totally agree with you. Lets just say it wasnt spiderman. You would never watch a movie with this kid in it. I "get through" the first one cause its spiderman, but i dont enjoy it

I'm getting this because it's one of the coolest looking 1:6 figures I've ever seen! I really love the design for Rhino as well. I haven't seen the film yet though. I really hope this comes with a Giamatti figure too, or at least half of one that stays in the suit.

What's going to hurt really bad is possibly having to buy this and Hulkbuster in the same year. :horror

Last edited:
Man, those new pics look awesome. Makes me realize that I'm making a sound decision with this one. :rock Crazy execution with this one.

Always glad to see HT tackle a villain, but what an odd choice to lead with. Not my cup of tea though, especially with what they're gonna want for this. I do think a lot of people thinking this thing is horrid may like it In charge mode a bit more. Its just too awkward as a biped.

Always glad to see HT tackle a villain, but what an odd choice to lead with. Not my cup of tea though, especially with what they're gonna want for this. I do think a lot of people thinking this thing is horrid may like it In charge mode a bit more. Its just too awkward as a biped.

I agree with that completely. Electro should have been the obvious choice, but I think this is HTs trying to flex their market dominance, so to speak. Putting a B-list character on the market that they know will sell. (And it's working. :lol)

I agree with that completely. Electro should have been the obvious choice, but I think this is HTs trying to flex their market dominance, so to speak. Putting a B-list character on the market that they know will sell. (And it's working. :lol)

I wonder if they are having difficulty with making him glow. Supposedly that is the reason they dumped GL and didnt finish Tron.

I'm getting this because it's one of the coolest looking 1:6 figures I've ever seen! I really love the design for Rhino as well. I haven't seen the film yet though. I really hope this comes with a Giamatti figure too, or at least half of one that stays in the suit.

What's going to hurt really bad is possibly having to buy this and Hulkbuster in the same year. :horror

:exactly::clap

Wonder if Electro will have a glow in the dark body or a body that will illuminate as a whole... My guess they are practicing with Killian right now and see what works. :lol

:lol :exactly:

It's amusing reading people trying to justify this ugly junkling by comparing it to Iron Man 3 armors. Pretty much every IM 3 armor looks awesome on its own with exception of Red Snapper, and even that is at least balanced compared to this top heavy thing.

lolwut? Pretty much every IM 3 armour is a boring mish-mash or shabby repaint of other IM armours, except for the Mk 42, which is a unique design that's as ugly as a hat full of arseholes.

lolwut? Pretty much every IM 3 armour is a boring mish-mash or shabby repaint of other IM armours, except for the Mk 42, which is a unique design that's as ugly as a hat full of arseholes.
I typed up a response to your false comment on boring Iron man 3 armors then saw your tag crusading against diecast. If you have held the diecast war machine and not been impressed your taste is unrefined to put it politely.

Back